Caribbean Princess 5/15 sailing fresh from drydock

boca7

There used to be no formal nights on cruises of 3 days or less and one formal night on cruises of 4-6 days. That has been changed to no formal night on cruises of 4 days or less. Don't know if they have formal nights on the 5 day cruises out of FLL.

We were just on the CP May 15th 4 night cruise and they had "smart dress night" (2nd night) night on this cruise. Not really formal but most of the passengers were dressed up.

I am not Boca7, but according to the cruise personalizer MUTS will be showing:

Gravity: Starring Sandra Bullock. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón. Rated PG-13, 91 mins.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: Starring Chris Pine, Kevin Costner. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. Rated PG-13, 105 mins.

Aquahound - we met on the Enchantment cruise last September. The "I know Kathy" cruise. Wi be nice to run to see you guys, again. Have a safe drive to Miami.

Paco

They showed Gravity in the Princess theater on the CP May 15th sailing. I was great but you want to sit in the lower section of the theater if you go.

We were just on the CP May 15th 4 night cruise and they had "smart dress night" (2nd night) night on this cruise. Not really formal but most of the passengers were dressed up.

They cal lit "Dress to Impress", although it was still pretty casual.

I think there were a total of 4 men in formal-wear (outside of the ship's officers), and I was one of them.. Then again, I proposed that night, so I probably should have dressed...

Princess is still my line, but she has gotten much more casual. Short cruises will always attract a more casual crowd, but allowing shorts and t-shirts in the MDR? That tends to be more Carnival / NCL-ish...

Anyway, back to the CB post drydock.... She's a great ship. I think there are 3 or 4 threads going about her right now... They all pretty much sum it up... The Boss and I are thinking about hopping back on her late June or early July.

Well here's my take. I'm on the ship now and if not for reading on this thread about the dry dock, I never sold have guessed it. It's a nice ship, but she certainly doesn't look fresh out of dry dock. Although, I gotta say, I do like this ship better than Ruby, especially the Skywalkers set up and the fact the aft pool can be accessed from the upper decks.

My daughter and I are just off the Caribbean Princess today.. We had a great cruise too!

The service and food were excellent. Only negatives we had were room service, food cold or wrong (only used it 2x) and the beds were the worse than we have ever had on a cruise. We had a Lido deck balcony and our room was spotless and seemed freshly painted and looked like new rugs. However the bed was bumpy and pillow awful. We did ask for a mattress topper and it was delivered right away. I woke up with neck and back ache everyday. We did not have new bedding. The tv was a nice good size flat screen. The appearance of the ship was elegant and looked like new carpeting throughout.

We loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

My daughter and I are just off the Caribbean Princess today.. We had a great cruise too!

The service and food were excellent. Only negatives we had were room service, food cold or wrong (only used it 2x) and the beds were the worse than we have ever had on a cruise. We had a Lido deck balcony and our room was spotless and seemed freshly painted and looked like new rugs. However the bed was bumpy and pillow awful. We did ask for a mattress topper and it was delivered right away. I woke up with neck and back ache everyday. We did not have new bedding. The tv was a nice good size flat screen. The appearance of the ship was elegant and looked like new carpeting throughout.

We loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

We also got off the Caribbean Princess on 5/23 and loved the cruise. (Refer to my review on another thread)

We were in an Oceanview on the Plaza Deck and were shocked to find that the mattress and pillows were fabulous! 4 pillows - 2 "cushy" feather types and the other 2 more firm.