Caribbean Princess 5/15 sailing fresh from drydock

boca7

Just off the cruise & yes some needed repairs. The carpeting in the main areas have been replaced, not the cabins. In the cabins new curtains not drapes, & most important NEW LINENS & PILLOWS on the beds that felt luxurious compared to the old. Flat tv but not the same programming as on the Royal. In the bath a new showerhead, new robes that actually fit, & the shampoo & wash fixture affixed to the wall at your back. The mattresses were changed last year.

The food in the dining room was in my estimation the best prepared & served & all portions served hot & to your specs. Service was outstanding. All that said now I don`t like to complain but I am stating this because maybe mgmt. might correct it. On embarkation we walked right in & a short line at counter & wow the line all the back & snaked all the way with the obvious problem being only 2 persons to check card & take your picture. Then the continuing delays for lifeboat drill till 5pm & yes the delay was blamed on the weather, not having enough staff. Then to top it all as we were 8 & doing the weekend to party going to the skywalker lounge with hardly any staff or food. I only observed 2 waiters & 2 bartenders with a overcrowded lounge. Use your imaginations, & food did finally come out a hour later.AGAIN, I only say this for managements benefits to correct.

boca7: I pretty much agree with everything you shared.. Thanks... I popped some quick observations on yesterday morning (I was in the office by 8:15).

I didn't comment on the lifeboat drill (longest ever) as I believe the numerous late arriving passengers (it was pretty stormy and FLL was very delayed), but you're right.. .it stunk...

As for bar staff, that I did comment on... This was the fewest number of servers (behind the bar and walking) that I have ever seen. I honestly think (hope) that was a staffing blip due to the drydock and contract flips as we were on the Ruby in late March and didn't see a reduction in bar staff. I trust the CB will figure it out...

boca7: I pretty much agree with everything you shared.. Thanks... I popped some quick observations on yesterday morning (I was in the office by 8:15).

I didn't comment on the lifeboat drill (longest ever) as I believe the numerous late arriving passengers (it was pretty stormy and FLL was very delayed), but you're right.. .it stunk...

As for bar staff, that I did comment on... This was the fewest number of servers (behind the bar and walking) that I have ever seen. I honestly think (hope) that was a staffing blip due to the drydock and contract flips as we were on the Ruby in late March and didn't see a reduction in bar staff. I trust the CB will figure it out...

I`m sure were both after the same thing, for Princess to correct these mishaps, living close to the port gives us a great opportunity to celebrate happy occasions on a cruise, & the first night in Skywalker is always crowded with all the free coupon drink vouchers.

Just off the cruise & yes some needed repairs. The carpeting in the main areas have been replaced, not the cabins. In the cabins new curtains not drapes, & most important NEW LINENS & PILLOWS on the beds that felt luxurious compared to the old. Flat tv but not the same programming as on the Royal. In the bath a new showerhead, new robes that actually fit, & the shampoo & wash fixture affixed to the wall at your back. The mattresses were changed last year.

The food in the dining room was in my estimation the best prepared & served & all portions served hot & to your specs. Service was outstanding. All that said now I don`t like to complain but I am stating this because maybe mgmt. might correct it. On embarkation we walked right in & a short line at counter & wow the line all the back & snaked all the way with the obvious problem being only 2 persons to check card & take your picture. Then the continuing delays for lifeboat drill till 5pm & yes the delay was blamed on the weather, not having enough staff. Then to top it all as we were 8 & doing the weekend to party going to the skywalker lounge with hardly any staff or food. I only observed 2 waiters & 2 bartenders with a overcrowded lounge. Use your imaginations, & food did finally come out a hour later.AGAIN, I only say this for managements benefits to correct.

Music to my ears.

Thanks,

Debbie

:)

I`m sure were both after the same thing, for Princess to correct these mishaps, living close to the port gives us a great opportunity to celebrate happy occasions on a cruise, & the first night in Skywalker is always crowded with all the free coupon drink vouchers.

Can I ask about the free coupon drink vouchers?? Never heard this before and wondered how to get them. My friend and I are sailing in June.

Thanks,

Laurie

Can I ask about the free coupon drink vouchers?? Never heard this before and wondered how to get them. My friend and I are sailing in June.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie,

Unless boca7 is referring to something that I am not privy to, I believe they are referring to the drink coupon that we get for being Platinum or Elite. As for Skywalkers being busy, that's because that is where they have the Platinum / Elite gatherings each late afternoon/early evening. I actually gave my ticket away (shhhh) since I had purchased the beverage package.

Laurie,

Unless boca7 is referring to something that I am not privy to, I believe they are referring to the drink coupon that we get for being Platinum or Elite. As for Skywalkers being busy, that's because that is where they have the Platinum / Elite gatherings each late afternoon/early evening. I actually gave my ticket away (shhhh) since I had purchased the beverage package.

Yes, that is what I meant. On a 4 day in lieu of the Captains Gala plat & elite will find a voucher for each in the cabin on arrival. This is why the first day is very busy in the Skywalker as that is where they say to use it, although my daughter used hers in another lounge & it was accepted.

Thank you both for the clarification!!! Since we usually do 7 day or more (coming fromMaine we stay as long as possible due to flights), I guess that's why I hadn't heard about it. That is if I understand you right when you said they are usually for 4 day cruises. Either way, thank you for the clarification.

Laurie

Just to be clear, as some of this crosstalk is contradictory:

The drink voucher was given out because there is no Captain's Circle Party (once per voyage, usually on the last formal night) on short getaway cruises;

The nightly Platinum/Elite/Suite passenger Happy Hour still took place most or every night in Skywalker's. That is where the issue of short staffing occurred, right? I do hope that was not a issue later in the evening. Last year on Grand Princess the staffing at the happy hour (in the One5 Lounge) was the same: one man serving the food, two cocktails servers for the entire room--but I had no problem with long waits for drinks, and the food was promptly restocked when needed; we did wait until after the opening rush before heading there though.

Edited by fishywood

Just to be clear, as some of this crosstalk is contradictory:

The drink voucher was given out because there is no Captain's Circle Party (once per voyage, usually on the last formal night) on short getaway cruises;

The nightly Platinum/Elite/Suite passenger Happy Hour still took place most or every night in Skywalker's. That is where the issue of short staffing occurred, right? I do hope that was not a issue later in the evening. Last year on Grand Princess the staffing at the happy hour (in the One5 Lounge) was the same: one man serving the food, two cocktails servers for the entire room--but I had no problem with long waits for drinks, and the food was promptly restocked when needed; we did wait until after the opening rush before heading there though.

The only night staffing was a problem in the Skywalker was the first, least amount that night & management should be prepared for the extra crowds the free vouchers bring or allow them to use the vouchers at any bar. It states on the voucher to use it at the Skywalker.

i dont think they do
There used to be no formal nights on cruises of 3 days or less and one formal night on cruises of 4-6 days. That has been changed to no formal night on cruises of 4 days or less. Don't know if they have formal nights on the 5 day cruises out of FLL.

There used to be no formal nights on cruises of 3 days or less and one formal night on cruises of 4-6 days. That has been changed to no formal night on cruises of 4 days or less. Don't know if they have formal nights on the 5 day cruises out of FLL.

We are going on a 5-day and personalizer indicates one formal night.

Yes, that is what I meant. On a 4 day in lieu of the Captains Gala plat & elite will find a voucher for each in the cabin on arrival. This is why the first day is very busy in the Skywalker as that is where they say to use it, although my daughter used hers in another lounge & it was accepted.

I wish that were the way for all cruise lengths. I find the Galas way overcrowded with few places to sit.

boca7, not sure if you can help, but any idea if they do a formal night on the 3 night itinerary?

I doubt that they would do it on a 3 nighter as I have been on 3 (4 day cruises so far ) & they are deemed casual by Princess although on the patter one night stated smart casual. It makes it a lot easier packing for a short cruise. I was surprised the one night they served escargot & lobster.

boca7, not sure if you can help, but any idea if they do a formal night on the 3 night itinerary?

We are on the CB this Friday for a 3 day cruise. The information that we got from the Princess Website(cruise personalizer,my princess) is that there is no formal night on the 3 day cruise. Also some other folks from the roll call contacted Princess and they were informed that there is no formal night.

We are on the CB this Friday for a 3 day cruise. The information that we got from the Princess Website(cruise personalizer,my princess) is that there is no formal night on the 3 day cruise. Also some other folks from the roll call contacted Princess and they were informed that there is no formal night.

Awesome. Less to pack.

boca7, what movies are they showing for MUTS?

Awesome. Less to pack.

boca7, what movies are they showing for MUTS?

I am not Boca7, but according to the cruise personalizer MUTS will be showing:

Gravity: Starring Sandra Bullock. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón. Rated PG-13, 91 mins.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: Starring Chris Pine, Kevin Costner. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. Rated PG-13, 105 mins.

Aquahound - we met on the Enchantment cruise last September. The "I know Kathy" cruise. Wi be nice to run to see you guys, again. Have a safe drive to Miami.

Paco

Oh, hey Paco! Sure, I remember you. I'll keep my eyes open for you on board. :)

Some people from the roll call are planning to meet at the Outrigger bar, after the muster drill.