Liquor on Journey Question....

petlover

(Long time Regent Cruiser - First time Azamara Cruiser)

I enjoy a Cosmo before dinner and a Sambucca after dinner. I can't find these listed on the liquor menu/packages so curious if they're available ?

Thanks.

No they are not on the free drink list. I love drinking Pellegrino at all times and that is not on the free list, but I use my OBC to buy the water package, since there is nothing else to buy, and I am a happy camper. Maybe an upgrade would be in order, if you don't want to revise what you drink or you can bring your own bottle of Sambuca.

I also traveled a lot with Regent, until they priced themselves out of my single market. I am an Azamara fan now. Love the staff and crew. Regent cabins are definitely better but being the single person, Azamara cabins are big enough for me, (do miss the walk in closet) and I am never in it anyway except to sleep.

Enjoy. I know comparison are hard at first but ...........

Phyllis

Cosmos should really be on the free drinks, as all the ingredients are. I have had luck getting small versions (not the large martini glass size) of them free from particular wait staff, who knew my preference. I think you might have luck if you ask for "vodka and triple sec with a splash of cranberry juice".

Cosmos should really be on the free drinks, as all the ingredients are. I have had luck getting small versions (not the large martini glass size) of them free from particular wait staff, who knew my preference. I think you might have luck if you ask for "vodka and triple sec with a splash of cranberry juice".

i drink them almost daily.. all my bartenders make them. .find the vodka to cheap and mostly buy the better vodka. worth it to me.. bring your own other bottles on for cabin. . no problem with that.

i will try this :) i would think if all of the ingredients are free they should be able to make any cocktail from that list... i love a good cosmo too

if you upgrade the liquor package would it still be the same issue? are there only one set of free cocktails and any upgrades are just straight liquors?

I enjoy a Cosmo before dinner and a Sambucca after dinner. I can't find these listed on the liquor menu/packages so curious if they're available ?

Thanks.

We found no problem getting comp cosmos with the standard comped vodka. Just get friendly with a bartender and ask!

We found no problem getting comp cosmos with the standard comped vodka. Just get friendly with a bartender and ask!

Ernesto knows how to..... Every night before dinner.......even if I was planning something else :)

Thanks all....

Sorry to hear Sambucca isn't even offered on the ship. I would be happy to pay for it.

If we bring our own bottle of Sambucca, do we just leave it at one particular bar and go there after dinner? I'm used to having it while still at the table with an espresso but this doesn't sound possible. It's an after dinner cordial, not something you would drink in your cabin.

Thanks all....

Sorry to hear Sambucca isn't even offered on the ship. I would be happy to pay for it.

If we bring our own bottle of Sambucca, do we just leave it at one particular bar and go there after dinner? I'm used to having it while still at the table with an espresso but this doesn't sound possible. It's an after dinner cordial, not something you would drink in your cabin.

You might want to read the list of beverages included in the $12.95/day package again before making such a fuss:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/onboard-packages/liquor-packages

If it's in the package, I'm sure you can buy it by the drink.

Thanks all....

They were so obliging on the ship I am sure you could arrange with your waiters to have it held in held in the dining room for you.

Sue

Thanks.

I love Cosmos too!

Thanks all....

Take a bottle of Sambuca on the ship with you and take the amount to dinner in a glass that you like to have after dinner. DH loves him Sambuca too...not sure where you're crusing to but we bought Sambuca for an amazing price at FCO airport in Rome...put it in the carry on and brought it back to the states....also some Linoncello....half the price that we could buy it for in Sorrento and no worry about packing it.:D We plan on doing this again in the fall. :D :p

On the Complimentary Beverages Page of the ACC Site it indicates "Martini" under Cocktails and Long Drinks. So is that just a Vodka or Gin Martini? Although it seems you can get a Cosmo (if you ask the right bartender or if you give them a recipe and not call it a Cosmo), seems like a Vodka Martini would have more alcohol than a Cosmo - there has to be room for the splash of cranberry and a few squeezes of lime :)

Edited by mp8shnt

This is useful to know, as my wife likes Cosmos. Fortunately we have fairly low standards when it comes to liquor, especially if it's free (or more accurately, already paid for). Don't see the need to pay for upgrade for us. Beer OTOH, I'm pretty picky about. Don't see much worth drinking on their beer list. Will stick to my favorite mixed drink - G&T

Thanks for pointing out the Sambucca, I had missed seeing that. I'm more than happy to pay for them.

Todd, YOU make the BEST cosmos ever :p...I remember you making them when we had cocktail party in our cabin on the Mariner on Med cruise.