Birthday cake

goinsoon

Yes, I am trying to make a big deal out of this. :p My wife will be celebrating a milestone birthday (don't tell but it starts with a 6 and ends with a 0) on our Australian/New Zealand cruise on the Solstice. Is it possible to order a big birthday cake to share with our table mates? I know on another cruise line we have sailed you just spoke to the dining room manager and it was arranged (added cost, no problem). The cake was huge and reminded me of those cakes grandma use to make!!! Thanks for any info!

Yes, I am trying to make a big deal out of this. :p My wife will be celebrating a milestone birthday (don't tell but it starts with a 6 and ends with a 0) on our Australian/New Zealand cruise on the Solstice. Is it possible to order a big birthday cake to share with our table mates? I know on another cruise line we have sailed you just spoke to the dining room manager and it was arranged (added cost, no problem). The cake was huge and reminded me of those cakes grandma use to make!!! Thanks for any info!

Hi,

I was recently in contact with the Captains Club people regarding my membership and booking for our Cruise on Solstice in December.

Amongst other things, this was part of one of the emails I got from them:

While verifying that your membership numbers were present on your upcoming sailing for the Celebrity Solstice December 09, 2014, we noticed that Mrs. P*****'s birthday was not noted in your reservation. We would love to recognize her special occasion onboard by having a cake delivered to your table at dinner. If this would be acceptable, please let us know what night you would like to have it delivered and we will be happy to add it to your reservation.

I have noted on my reservation on line, that 1 x celebration has been added.

I am sure a quick note to them now, followed up once on board, should allow you to get something great happening for your wife.

BTW, Mrs P will be one year younger than your wife:p

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

Hi on a recent Celebrity Eclipse our tablemate celebrated her 55 birthday I asked the Maitre D to arrange a cake at her husbands request for our table of eight, they did this without any cost, although her husband was prepared to pay if necessary.

have a great cruise.

Jean

Actually, there is a way to jndicate for special occasions on My Celebrity. I did so for our anniversary and we got a cake large enough for the table.

I made a request to the chef to have Baked Alaska on a formal night to celebrate a special occasion and we were able to share it with everyone. :D

🎂

OH, I like that idea. Do they flambee it at the table?

No flambé allowed at this time for safety reasons. But the birthday cakes are very tasty. Our problem we never could eat just cake and forgo other desserts and the delicious ice cream for dessert. Our solution was to share the cake with the table and then have the rest sent to our room with coffee for a late night treat.

Enjoy the special occasions!

A few years ago (well 4 to be precise), I celebrated a special birthday onboard. We were booked in Ocean Liners that night and the waiters brought a large chocolate cake to our table unasked then sang Happy Birthday to me! The cake was too much for just the two of us so we had it sent to our stateroom and it lasted a few days in the fridge.

I do have her birthday noted on "My Celebrity" so I am ahead that much. On Princess (the line I alluded )you got a nice small cake for two. Our tablemates on our TA were celebrating an 85th birthday (yes, and I hope to be as alive and spirited next year as they were:p) and a huge cake was delivered to our table of 8. Everyone indulged but only managed to eat about a third of the cake. Our gracious table mate sent it back with our waiter and asst after asking them if they could eat it and or share with others. I thought that was most thoughtful rather than the cake being "stored" and probably never eaten again! To me this is one of those unexpected joys of cruising....meeting new people that instill a joy for life and a warm heart. Did I tell you we love to crusie. :)