fasinated about fascination

foneguy

My wife, myself, and our two twenty-something daughters (and their husbands) just sailed on the Fascination earlier this month (our third time on the ship).

She's still in great shape (IMHO), very clean, and well maintained. I thought the staff was well up to the task in all areas of the ship including the MDR, Housekeeping, and Bar areas.

On our particular cruise, we were scheduled to make a call to Half Moon Cay, but due to weather, the captain decided to forego the stop and elected to stop in Freeport instead. As a sidenote, of the 3 cruises we've taken on the Fascination, all were scheduled to stop at HMC, but so far we've actually stopped only once. The other two times, the port call was canceled due to weather or high sea swells.

Regardless, we had a great time and look forward to going back ASAP!..

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

She's a great little ship for first time cruisers, for those looking for an inexpensive and unpretentious cruise experience, and for those wanting to just enjoy the basic pleasures of cruising. She's an older, smaller ship, lacking the bells and whistles found on more modern cruise ships, but she does have a loyal following comprised of many who love her for being the "local" girl, and who appreciate her convenience.

If you've sailed on other cruise lines or newer cruise ships, you may find her a bit lacking, but as long as you go with very realistic expectations and set the bar accordingly, you'll have an enjoyable cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

• 1 month later...

Well your teens can do the Camp Carnival-I know for teens it has another name, but lets them meet kids their own age. The water slides on the back of the ship are a lot of fun. There is an adult only serenity area at the back of the ship, behind the "comedy club" so you and your wife can enjoy some quiet time, while your teens are off doing teen things. There is enough to do on the ship so that you dont have to be together 24/7, but do some family things on your excursions.

I am one of those who love the fascination, coming up on my 4th cruise on her in November. Except for the noise level on the lido at night and early morning (i hate noise) there isn't a thing I wouldn't change about her.

Thanks for the info on the captain changing HMC to Freeport when you couldnt dock (tender) at HMC. HMC is the reason I chose this cruise, but there are excursions I want to do in Freeport too. And no one I know wants to go to Free port.:confused:

I really like the Fascination. I prefer the smaller ships and Fascination is my favorite! I'm just a small crowd kinda gal! I love the Serenity area on the Fascination...the hot tubs are really hot. The hot tubs on the Dream were cold! I'm sailing on the Fascination in November 2014 and sure hope we get to go to HMC because that's the whole reason for cruising this time. I want to see HMC. If we go to Freeport, I'm going to just suck it up and find something to do in Freeport.

We also like the late dining time in the MDR, the adult comedy shows and just wandering around the ship. One of the highlights for me (sailing on the Fascination) is going under the bridge leaving and coming back (St. James Bridge?, I think). I'm usually on the top deck, drink in one hand, camera in another, enjoying the view and people.

Some people may think I'm crazy, but just about on every cruise, we SLEEP about 10 hours a day...not all at one time, but it is a great way for us to unplug and just do whatever strikes us.

Have fun on your cruise!:)

We sailed the Fascination in December of 2012 and loved it!

Yes, it is a smaller ship, but that is not a bad thing! Still lots to do and the ship is in great condition.

It would be nice if they would add a Guy's as I fell in love with those burgers on the Liberty last year, but that is about my only criticism.