Not honoring their ad

cirman52

Azamra is running acurrent promo on their web page, buy an inside cabin get upgraded to a veranda.

I called Azamra & asked to apply that promo to a 2016 sailing.

Was told the promo does not apply to my sailing, but to just select sailings. No where on the web page is there any kind of disclaimer of certain voyages.

To me this is sure bait and switch. IF it is an error, they should honor they mistake, like the airlines do. Now, instead of us booking a btb Azamara cruise in Asia, they have lost me as a client now & in the future

Azamra is running acurrent promo on their web page, buy an inside cabin get upgraded to a veranda.

Was told the promo does not apply to my sailing, but to just select sailings. No where on the web page is there any kind of disclaimer of certain voyages.

To me this is sure bait and switch. IF it is an error, they should honor they mistake, like the airlines do. Now, instead of us booking a btb Azamara cruise in Asia, they have lost me as a client now & in the future

Hi Cirman,

I realize you are unhappy, but, your claim has no merit, and is certainly not bait and switch. Azamara has posted a list of sailings on their website : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/double-upgrade . From what I can see, this promotion applies to select 2014 & 2015 sailings.

Further, If you review the terms and conditions, it clearly states the following (note the item highlighted in red) :

Our Pricing and Savings Policy: All rates are per person, based on double occupancy, cruise only, in USD, and subject to availability. Rates may vary by ship, departure date, and stateroom category. All rates, savings offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Savings offers may be withdrawn at any time. Taxes, fees, and port expenses are additional.

FREEUP Promotion: This promotion allows guests to book Club Veranda staterooms at Club Interior stateroom prices (category 12). Bookings must be created between April 1 and May 31, 2014, using promotion FREEUP to qualify. Bookings must be made in desired category, which will be priced at the lower fare after the valid promotion is selected. Offer is valid for select sailings as shown above. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings with staterooms named and fully deposited during the offer period. FREEUP promotion is combinable with back to back savings, onboard booking savings, and reduced single supplements. The promotion is not combinable with any other program, promotion or discounted rates. Offers are subject to change, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Certain restrictions apply.

Fwiw, it's likely that future Azamara promotions will include 2016 sailings. As 2016 sailings JUST opened for booking, it may be prudent to have some patience. Hopefully, a future promotion will work in your favor. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Not attempting to be an ACC cheerleader, but I wish people would not complain unless they read all the terms and conditions. Free shore excursions were also available on "select sailings"...I know there were some who got upset they did not get the free excursions. Promos are promos and certain conditions always apply.....regardless of what cruise line it is.

When I view the web page it is very clear and says 2014 and 2015 sailings and then lists the ones where the promotion is available. Again not all cruises are on the list and NONE in 2016 are on the list.

When I view the web page it is very clear and says 2014 and 2015 sailings and then lists the ones where the promotion is available. Again not all cruises are on the list and NONE in 2016 are on the list.

This is not the first time Azamara has offered this promotion, and I've always seen it with a list of specific cruises to which the promotion applied.

Dear cirman52,

Let me apologize on behalf of Azamara Club Cruises for any misunderstanding in your reading of the webpage regarding the terms of the Double Upgrade special. Unfortunately this special does only apply to the sailings as listed in 2014 and 2015.

I see from your impressive list of past and future cruises that you love cruising.

I hope we have not lost you forever and that you will someday give Azamara Club Cruises another chance and will sail with us in the future.

Bonnie

I booked my cruise on the Journey for 27 November 2014 sailing from Malaga to Rio, which is one of the listed applicable sailings for the discount. Unfortunately I booked 2 days before the discount was announced. When I rang my agent, they said that I didn't book within that period and was therefore not allowed to have my upgrade. He said I could have my upgrade if I cancelled (lose my deposit) and rebooked the whole thing. I found that quite disappointing as I am now penalised for having booked early! Losing my deposit was not an option as it would have cost more than us booking a balcony outfront! Everyone else who booked 2 days after me will get their double upgrade. We booked and oceanview and will stay in oceanview. We are happy with what we booked obviously otherwise we wouldn't have booked it, but still miffed that the upgrade is missed out - seems unfair.

#rd time CC has censored this thread. I have said that when I looked at it, Azamars web page did not show any conditions. nor does the print out that I have. Why does CC insist that on not allowing me to state this info ?

I booked my cruise on the Journey for 27 November 2014 sailing from Malaga to Rio, which is one of the listed applicable sailings for the discount. Unfortunately I booked 2 days before the discount was announced. When I rang my agent, they said that I didn't book within that period and was therefore not allowed to have my upgrade. He said I could have my upgrade if I cancelled (lose my deposit) and rebooked the whole thing. I found that quite disappointing as I am now penalised for having booked early! Losing my deposit was not an option as it would have cost more than us booking a balcony outfront! Everyone else who booked 2 days after me will get their double upgrade. We booked and oceanview and will stay in oceanview. We are happy with what we booked obviously otherwise we wouldn't have booked it, but still miffed that the upgrade is missed out - seems unfair.

I do not think that your agent told you all that you needed to know. I believe that if you canceled before the 90 days you would loose $25 per passenger, not your entire deposit. For $50 it would make sense to cancel, loose the $50 and rebook to the upgrade.

#rd time CC has censored this thread. I have said that when I looked at it, Azamars web page did not show any conditions. nor does the print out that I have. Why does CC insist that on not allowing me to state this info ?

Hi Cirman,

I rarely respond to such posts, but as you persist on repeatedly posting comments about removed posts... here we go. First, nobody is censoring you. It's your comments about removed posts, that's causing your posts to be deleted.

I highly recommend you familiarize yourself with our Guidelines, and in particular, the following item :

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions -- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice. All decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final.

Cruise Critic has the right to exercise and apply our guidelines at any level we determine, at our sole discretion, at any time.

Our Guidelines can be reviewed, by clicking on this link : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

I'm truly sorry you are displeased with Azamara, but as I mentioned earlier, the Terms and Conditions have been posted on their website, since the beginning of the promotion. I know, because I always read the terms and conditions of cruise line promotions, and I viewed them when this promotion began. What you may not have noticed, is that you must click on the terms and conditions button, to view them. It's an easy mistake to make, but to keep debating whether it's there or not, is pointless.

At any rate, as the question has been "asked and answered", this thread is now closed. I hope you reconsider Azamara, as it's a wonderful cruise experience. No matter what line you choose, I wish you all the very best !

Edited by Host Andy