Another Southampton Parking Query

promocollect

Good afternoon fellow cruisers

Looking for a bit of advice on parking in Southampton. I have previously used Cruise and Passenger Services and usually on the free offer when booking P&O at brochure release. I am doing the Oceana new years 4 nighter on 29/12 and CPS are quoting £65.00 which I though was excessive.

Upon searching alternative quotes, I came across

http://www.easysecureairportparking.co.uk/

Who quoted £29.50. Obviously being less than 50% of the CPS charge, I wondered if anyone else had experience of using them. I understand that they may not be right in the port (their website does not appear to clarify ?), but given that price seems too good to be true ??

Regards

Dave

Have you checked parkatmyhouse.com - very reasonable rates. And some of them take you to the cruise terminal.

Agree with this. I used them earlier this year and have booked up for the same house driveway for October for our next cruise. 14 days for less than £50 and on a private house driveway about 5 minutes away by taxi (cost £6)

We have used parking for cruises twice in the past, no problems. you meet them in the short stay car park, maybe if you are that way check over the car and agree any dents etc..we didn't...

When you return you ring them (but our guy was already in the short stay car park) and they hand over keys..Again you can look over for dents etc....we didn't..

cheaper than cps and you are not millions of miles away to collect car.

As I said we had no problems at all with them

Just out of interest are you covered on your car insurance if you leave your car on someones drive. Just that had to re new car insurance and it asks where car is parked overnight and I said garage.

Yes you are covered. The question asks where it is 'usually' or 'normally' kept overnight.

Just out of interest are you covered on your car insurance if you leave your car on someones drive. Just that had to re new car insurance and it asks where car is parked overnight and I said garage.

There is no guarantee if you are insured if your insurance company find out you have paid to leave your car in a strangers drive while on holiday. I would recommend that anyone thinking of booking with Parkatmyhouse to ring their own insurance company beforehand and ask them the question. We all know what insurance companies are like and will use any get out clause and saying you park your car in your ddrive overnight doesnt mean you are automatically covered to park in a strangers for possibly 1-2 weeks while on holiday. Plus we all know that every insurance company can be different and if one says you are covered doesnt automatically mean same for everyone. It does state that Parkatmyhouse as a company or the owner of the house are not liable to any damage to your car while parked there so I would make enquiries with your own insurance company.

In my opinion I would not risk it just to save £50 and if trying to save money compared to CPS I would try Parking4cruises.

Edited by majortom10

So are you saying that if you drive to a friends house and park there for a week, you are not covered by your insurance?

I think the difference is the fact that by paying to park there you are entering into a contract which your insurance company might not like. The only way to find out is to ring your insurance company before you book it might cost a £1 for the phone call but you will no for definite if your car is covered and wont lose a lot more if your car is knicked or damaged and find out after your not covered.

Just done a spoof search on Parkatmyhouse for my next 14nt cruise in September and cheapest I could find was £50 then you have to pay for a return taxi on top of that to get you there and back to terminal. Parking4cruises meet you at terminal in short stay car park take your car away to a secure car park for the duration and return it to short stay car park for your disembarkation for £97. So at best I would probably save about £30 and not have my car in a secure car park I dont think the saving is worth the risk. It amazes me that people are paying a lot of money for there cruises and then gambling on the security of there car to save £30. I will park with Parking4cruises if I dont get free parking with P&O and not risk damage or theft of car from a total strangers driveway.

Good afternoon fellow cruisers

Looking for a bit of advice on parking in Southampton. I have previously used Cruise and Passenger Services and usually on the free offer when booking P&O at brochure release. I am doing the Oceana new years 4 nighter on 29/12 and CPS are quoting £65.00 which I though was excessive.

Upon searching alternative quotes, I came across

http://www.easysecureairportparking.co.uk/

Who quoted £29.50. Obviously being less than 50% of the CPS charge, I wondered if anyone else had experience of using them. I understand that they may not be right in the port (their website does not appear to clarify ?), but given that price seems too good to be true ??

Regards

Dave

You get what you pay for; and they get to use your taxi.

At Parkatmyhouse, we keep our keys.

Same as. We keep our keys. Never had a problem yet and saved myself a fortune over the years. Back in February, the price I was quoted on from various parking companies was around the £123 mark. Mine came to £60 including taxi fares. Half the price, a saving of £63, not £30 as a previous poster intimated.

Edited by shallwe

The holiday starts for me when I roll up (hopefully without a queue) at the terminal and a pleasant man takes the cases away and another pleasant man takes the key and parks my car in a secure compound for me :)

The holiday starts for me when I roll up (hopefully without a queue) at the terminal and a pleasant man takes the cases away and another pleasant man takes the key and parks my car in a secure compound for me :)

Same for me. No fuss, no bother and I know that the car is secure and immediately available when I return. We've never had a problem with CPS in fact we've always found them to be very good, so while not cheap (if we have to pay) I don't see the need to penny pinch in this area and cause extra problems and worry for myself.

It's rather nice to pull up at the terminal open the tailgate pull out the cases and simply hand over the key and walk away. Knowing that you are not dealing with some chancer who isn't fully insured.

Thanks all

CPS booked although £65 for 4 nights parking seems steep to me.

(Put in perspective- 15 nights parking at gatwick at APH for next years carribean transatlantic on Britannia..........£71.....

Regards

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app