All Access Tour

Ok, so I have to wear long pants when we do this tour?

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wasnt planning on taking a pair, but, guess I have too.

I will just wear my athletic walking shoes.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Will crop pants work, do you think? My "long pants" are the dressy ones worn for dinner.:)

I have read here that crop pants aren't allowed, so I'm packing a pair of jeans with this tour in mind. Must have closed toe shoes, too.

DW got all access tour for me as a gift on the Mariner OTS. It was really cool to have champagne & cookies with the Captain & CD on the bridge.

That sounds awesome! Besides our reservation at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel, the All Access Tour is the only "excursion" my husband and I have booked for our upcoming B2B on FOS. He's ex-Navy, and a total ship geek. It seems like something he'll really enjoy, and I'm looking forward to it too.

(Mariner is the only RC ship we've ever been on. Loved that ship!)

Edited by jules815

Did it on Adventure recently during the eastbound TA. Yes, quite expensive (especially as we got offered segments as suite guests which I wasn't aware of before I booked) but still worth it.

Only 9 in our group and we met at the theatre where we started the tour.

We saw

Behind the scenes of the theatre

Bridge

Studio B

I-95

Engine control room

Recycling centre

Food storage

Food sanitisation / prep

Galley

Crew cabins

Crew dining room / bar / recreation areas

Along the way we were given lots of information too.

Ending up in the MDR for lunch and given chefs aprons and tote bags as souvenirs.

great to hear some feedback. I just booked this for an upcoming cruise on the Allure..yep a little expensive, but I enjoyed the Behind the Scenes Tour on Carnival, so I have high expectations for this one. Though, I don't remember having to wear long pants...who takes long pants on a Caribbean cruise in the summer :)

I planned to book this last year when we were on the Rhapsody at $150.00pp. I didnt go ahead because I thought it was expensive. Considering it again for our forthcoming cruise on VOS and its now priced at $171.00pp. (I believe that Carnival charge $95.00pp.)

Does anyone know if teenagers can do this by themselves without an adult? My son will be 15 and would love to do this tour. Not sure if I can afford for us both to do it, since we are paying for a quite a few shore tours.

Edited by aussielozzie18

I planned to book this last year when we were on the Rhapsody at $150.00pp. I didnt go ahead because I thought it was expensive. Considering it again for our forthcoming cruise on VOS and its now priced at $171.00pp. (I believe that Carnival charge $95.00pp.)

Does anyone know if teenagers can do this by themselves without an adult? My son will be 15 and would love to do this tour. Not sure if I can afford for us both to do it, since we are paying for a quite a few shore tours.

On freedom June 1, 18 and under needed adult supervision on the tour.

Was very well worth it.

We saw the bridge, engine control room, kitchens, food storage, crew spaces, and the ice rink. As with others, I could have skipped the ice rink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
On freedom June 1, 18 and under needed adult supervision on the tour.

Was very well worth it.

We saw the bridge, engine control room, kitchens, food storage, crew spaces, and the ice rink. As with others, I could have skipped the ice rink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm looking to do it on freedom

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

A month or so ago, I saw the tour available on-line for my Oasis cruise and booked it. I had a choice of days and times by doing it that way.

We've done the tour on other ships and thought it was fantastic! The Oasis is different enough that we don't mind paying to take the tour again.

I did the All Access tour on Indy a couple of weeks back. We met at 09:15 to fill out waivers and were given neck wallets (complete with RCI pen & keyring). There were 16 of us and there are only 2 tours per 2 week cruise. There were 2 teenage lads on our tour and I believe their father had been asked to accompany them. The tour lasted 4 hours and covered the following:

Deck 4 & 5 Galley, with pastries, canapes & soft drinks in the MDR at the end

Food storage areas

Engine control room

Backstage Theatre

Backstage Ice rink

Recycling/waste area

I-95 crew corridor (no other staff areas, sadly)

The Bridge

It was a great experience and I would do it again on another ship seeing as the experiences appear to be so different. Sadly no champagne on Indy :(

So if you are in a suite you also get this tour? does that mean I should not prebook the one online. I am new to a suite (our 40th anniversary special). Does anyone know if this is the same tour? should I book the one online? Thank you

So if you are in a suite you also get this tour? does that mean I should not prebook the one online. I am new to a suite (our 40th anniversary special). Does anyone know if this is the same tour? should I book the one online? Thank you

The tours offered to suite guests are not the same as the All-Access tour. The suite guests may see the bridge, galley, and theater. The All-Access tour covers these and many more areas and takes over 3 hours.

Edited by clarea

No suite tours are different

You get three separate tours

Backstage theatre

Bridge

Galley

No tour to waste or engine control room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, it is that long because there is a break for lunch.

We went on the Freedom of the Seas all access tour in October last year. There were only about 15 people and they start by having you order your lunch for the MDR.

LOTS of walking

The areas we saw were:

The theatre and backstage

The ice rink and back stage

The HUGE kitchen and food storage (this is about 1/2 the tour)

The anchor locker

The bridge (and a greeting from the captain with an explanation of the area by him and the first mate)

The engine control room

The crew quarters and living area

At the end we went to the Champagne Bar and were given a glass of champagne.

It was well worth the money, plus we paid extra and got a deal that for 180 we got dinner in Portofino and Chops.

"LIKE" went on all access tour on Freedom 7/12/14. Covered all the same places you mentioned as well as per-ordered lunch. Loved it. Reserved online before cruise.