You Paid and Princess Listened

cruzsnooze

We like to think that we are the norm, when, in fact, the norm is far different. We are ALL very fortunate.

Agreed! We are ALL very fortunate. If Princess does what some would like and raises the base price to be all inclusive, the "norm" and I would guess many of the "fortunate" would be priced out of Princess. That would be a sad thing.

As it is now, my husband and I enjoy the mix of very fortunate, norm and privileged people that we meet on Princess. Most of the privileged, if they are on Princess, don't find it difficult to mix with the lower classes. Those who are disturbed by the norm are usually on the higher priced all inclusive lines that provide the ideal cruise for them.

I hope Princess does not price us off their ships - we are happy with them as they are.

Agreed! We are ALL very fortunate. If Princess does what some would like and raises the base price to be all inclusive, the "norm" and I would guess many of the "fortunate" would be priced out of Princess. That would be a sad thing.

As it is now, my husband and I enjoy the mix of very fortunate, norm and privileged people that we meet on Princess. Most of the privileged, if they are on Princess, don't find it difficult to mix with the lower classes. Those who are disturbed by the norm are usually on the higher priced all inclusive lines that provide the ideal cruise for them.

I hope Princess does not price us off their ships - we are happy with them as they are.

My sentiments exactly! :)

I tend to grow where I'm planted.

Thank you, and what a skill you have. These are the exact words that came from my lips when I read the above. We like to think that we are the norm, when, in fact, the norm is far different. We are ALL very fortunate.

It's always good to be reminded how fortunate we are to be able to cruise at all-whether it is health or finances that allow the privilege.

billco - we are on this cruise with you and going on to Houston. There can be no passengers board in Ft. Lauderdale so we will sale 1/2 full or so from there to Houston.

I understand about no passengers boarding in Fort Lauderdale. I meant both ways. I don't expect a lot of passengers boarding in Houston next April.

I also agree with you about bringing class distinction back into the discussion. Though we have been cruising once or twice a year for a long time, I would consider us lower middle class. In fact, I have been told often that I have no class, usually by my wife.

I do not know how well Princess compares to how RCCL is doing with its newest ships, but RCCL gets 25% more spending per passenger on the new ships when compared to their older ones.

In addition, due to the efficiency of the newer engines and the higher number of passengers on their newest ships, they spend 20% less per passenger on fuel for those ships.

Don't know about the spending, with less fee venues than RCCL I would expect maybe a bit less, but I would assumed similar fuel gains on the Royal class.

One thing I literally just realized about the smaller balconies is they probably generate a little less drag.

I do not know how well Princess compares to how RCCL is doing with its newest ships, but RCCL gets 25% more spending per passenger on the new ships when compared to their older ones.

In addition, due to the efficiency of the newer engines and the higher number of passengers on their newest ships, they spend 20% less per passenger on fuel for those ships.