Wine - bottle or glass

joeyillinois

Finding a wine list from a year ago - it seems to me at the cost of a glass of wine - for 2 people you could probably just buy the the bottle of wine - however, we wouldn't drink the entire bottle at one sitting - are you allowed to take the bottle back to the room to use another day? Or what?

That corkage fee is only added to wine the customer brings into the MDR correct?

A bottle purchased from the ship that you don't finish in the MDR will be labeled and stored for your next meal.

Corkage applies to any wine you bring aboard, beyond the one bottle per person allowed, consumed anywhere public. It sounds like they are now charging the corkage as you come aboard with more than the allowed wine.

Edited by CruiserBruce

O

Finding a wine list from a year ago - it seems to me at the cost of a glass of wine - for 2 people you could probably just buy the the bottle of wine - however, we wouldn't drink the entire bottle at one sitting - are you allowed to take the bottle back to the room to use another day? Or what?

That corkage fee is only added to wine the customer brings into the MDR correct?

If you don't finish your bottle, the wine steward can store it for you, or you can take it with you.

You are correct about corkage. It's only charged on wine not purchased from the ship. There's a newer list in this post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41949237

Edited by POA1

From the title, all I could think was it looks classier to swirl your wine around a glass than drinking it straight from the bottle.

...sorry...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did get a chuckle from your response :)

You definitely can bring any left over wine from dinner back to your cabin if you wish. We have had the wine steward offer to have it delivered for us if we wished. We

always had them store it for the next night.

You can also order a bottle at the bar and keep it there. Much cheaper than by the glass.

Yes, ^^ that.

AND you can get a better wine than the usual 'bar red' or 'bar white'. They put a tag on the individual bottles and each time I sat down, they'd ask if I wanted my wine. :)