Captain on Prinsendam July 27 Iceland???

LindaM

I haven't read anything about Captains here in a long time. Does anyone know if Tim Roberts will be the Captain, or if not, who will be? Thanks!

Hi Linda,

Based on the schedule that Captain Andre gave me last year it should be Tim Roberts. Schedules are subject to change of course - but that is what he gave me last year when we were on:D

(from my live thread last year - His schedule (Captain Andre):

Now until July 15/13

Oct. 14 - Dec 11, 2013

Mar 14 - June 15, 2014

Captain Tim Roberts:

July 15 - October 14, 2013

December 22 - March 14, 2014)

I had Captain Andre's permission to post this on cc so I don't think there is any harm in repeating it?

Hi Linda,

Based on the schedule that Captain Andre gave me last year it should be Tim Roberts. Schedules are subject to change of course - but that is what he gave me last year when we were on:D

(from my live thread last year - His schedule (Captain Andre):

Now until July 15/13

Oct. 14 - Dec 11, 2013

Mar 14 - June 15, 2014

Captain Tim Roberts:

July 15 - October 14, 2013

December 22 - March 14, 2014)

I had Captain Andre's permission to post this on cc so I don't think there is any harm in repeating it?

I know there have been some changes to that schedule as we had Captain Gunderson November 26-December 15, and Captain Roberts December 15-22. I would think those dates leave Linda's cruise pretty solidly in the middle of Captain Tim's schedule, so that should happen.

BTW, Kazu, did you find Captain Andre a good fit for the Elegant Explorer?

Roy

I know there have been some changes to that schedule as we had Captain Gunderson November 26-December 15, and Captain Roberts December 15-22. I would think those dates leave Linda's cruise pretty solidly in the middle of Captain Tim's schedule, so that should happen.

Roy

I think they filled in due to Captain Andre's illness? You were SO lucky to have Captain Gundersen. I really liked him. His first charge was the safety of the passengers and the ship and it sure showed.

Captain Andre was pretty good Roy. He was very supportive of cc and the roll call for sure which was very nice. I'm looking forward to Captain Roberts as it seems like we may have him as well if that schedule holds.

We sailed with Captain Andre several times on Maasdam and think him wonderful. He's a terrific Captain as are all HAL Captains that we have had the pleasure to sail with.

Roy

Captain Andre came back late from sick leave. He took over the ship in Fortaleza on February 22. So not sure how that will affect the schedule. He was due back in Rio on the 14th of Feb.

jacqui, he looked great. He is really slender now and is trying to keep the weight off. I heard all about his illness from my beautician--she and the rest of the staff were concerned as he had to quickly take emergency leave shortly after he took command in Istanbul in 2013.

Edited by Storylady
Spacing error

Thanks for the replies. He is the first and only Captain that I've ever paid the least bit of attention to. I guess having movie star good looks and a matching personality are hard to ignore!

Captain Andre came back late from sick leave. He took over the ship in Fortaleza on February 22. So not sure how that will affect the schedule. He was due back in Rio on the 14th of Feb.

jacqui, he looked great. He is really slender now and is trying to keep the weight off. I heard all about his illness from my beautician--she and the rest of the staff were concerned as he had to quickly take emergency leave shortly after he took command in Istanbul in 2013.

that's good to hear. thanks for the update.

Thanks for the replies. He is the first and only Captain that I've ever paid the least bit of attention to. I guess having movie star good looks and a matching personality are hard to ignore!

well, now I am intrigued and according to the schedule if all goes well and it doesn't change we have him as well. I haven't had the pleasure of sailing with him so we are looking forward to it:D