Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

I am finally caught up with your excellent review! I love all of your details and pictures.

How is your tooth? Were you able to have it re implanted? Hopefully it was a back molar and not too visible!

I want you to know that your review of the Spirit was also amazing. I had never sailed NCL, and was a little worried. Your photos were stellar!

Thank you!

TL

Edited by TracieABD

I'm really enjoying reading about your Getaway cruise. I'm sailing solo on 6 Sept 14.

Mad Props for finishing Nursing School!!! I'm an RN too!!! Don't worry, the NCLEX will a breeze after all you have been through ;@)

Leigh

Sent from my iPad Air using Forums

once we put a claim in to the airlines about some dammage. Got a little back one some things. But if the damage was done by the airlines (Broken suitcase) they should be able to take care of that.

The Ump

John

I wonder if there's a time frame since we've been back for almost a week now. Did you say you have to have the insurance in order to claim? Would I just contact Southwest at a 1-800 number or do I have to contact the actual airport? I've never had this problem before and have no idea what to do.

Thanks so much for all of the ropes course pics. So sorry about your tooth.

You're very welcome. It's definitely an added plus to the new ships. We loved it there.

I loved these on the breakaway...We did it over and over again...adrenaline rush is right....

We never got stuck though..although witnessed people who did. Those that did that came back to do it again were given the back board that was harnessed on them... And it helped...

I loved those sides..But..the epic plunge still my favorite...come on with our two epic cruises we did the plunge well over 100 times!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I know you guys were the plunge junkies. We liked the plunge on the Epic too. I think these drop ones are my new favorite for sure.

I wore the backboard every time and still got stuck on my last time. I'm not sure why because I didn't have a problem before that. Maybe climbing all those steps over and over made me lose weight instantly...nah, maybe not. LOL

You deserve a nice pair of Jimmy Choo's. Go do some shopping..;)

I may deserve it, but bought Sakari a pool instead. :D Since we moved, I no longer have an inground pool and it's killing her. :p

I have enjoyed your recent postings. Sorry about your toe and your tooth! We leave tonight for Miami and are soooooo ready to board on Saturday. Will read the rest of your review upon my return.

Have a great cruise!

Hi. Thanks for the review. We leave this Saturday! Is there an age or height requirement for the kiddos to do the trampoline bounce or the "big" slides?

Have a great cruise. The only thing that I know that has a requirement is the drop slide and you have to be 100 pounds no matter if you are a child or an adult. The big slides did have a height requirement, but I don't know what it was because ours was way over the limit so we didn't pay attention.

I'm not sure about the trampoline but they do weigh each kid prior to them getting on it. It has something to do with the colored ropes they use for that bounce.

Just home from work....all caught up and ready for more!!

I'm going to attempt to get the rest of Day 3 done tonight before bed so stay tuned.

I am finally caught up with your excellent review! I love all of your details and pictures.

How is your tooth? Were you able to have it re implanted? Hopefully it was a back molar and not too visible!

I want you to know that your review of the Spirit was also amazing. I had never sailed NCL, and was a little worried. Your photos were stellar!

Thank you!

TL

Thanks so much.

The tooth (or lack there of) is ok, I just can't keep my tongue out of it. :p I haven't called the dentist yet but plan to some time next week. They are usually good about getting me in the same day. It's not hurting anymore thank goodness. Yes, it was a back molar thank goodness.

Thanks on the compliments on the Spirit review. I love the Spirit and she still remains my favorite small ship. Did you said her?

O. M. G. A broken toe AND A lost tooth. :eek: Oh Dear! :( I do hope that was it for your ailments.

I think I would want a cruise do-over too!

Thank goodness it was. I don't know how much more I could have endured after that. :p

I'm really enjoying reading about your Getaway cruise. I'm sailing solo on 6 Sept 14.

Mad Props for finishing Nursing School!!! I'm an RN too!!! Don't worry, the NCLEX will a breeze after all you have been through ;@)

Leigh

Sent from my iPad Air using Forums

Thanks and I hope the NCLEX goes well. Another nursing student in my class just announced she got her ATT the other day and scheduled her exam and was told there were only 4 more openings for the month of June. :eek: With everyone that just graduated from all the school back in May, it looks like it's going to be awhile before I ever get to take the test. Since I was busy moving and on vacation, I haven't even started filling out my paperwork or getting my background check done or anything. I'm really running behind. Sigh

We arrived at La Cucina and was promptly seated at a table for 2. We ordered our drinks and looked over the menu.

P5190318-L.jpg

I ordered the fettucini (which wasn't on the menu, but when I ask if they had it, she replied yes) and the waitress ask me if I wanted chicken in it and I told her yes. The hubby ordered his meal (no clue what it was called) and then once she was done writing our order, I ask if she would mind using my camera to take our picture. She said "Hold on just a minute and I'll be back after placing your order." I thought it was a little strange since it would have taken 5 seconds to take the camer and snap a picture and the only thing in her hand was a pen and pad which could have been put on the table. I mean it's not like she had her hands full or anything or was in a rush.

She continued to pass us several times and never once stopped to take th picture. I thought it was odd. It was almost like she was avoiding us and wouldn't even make eye contact.

Another person brought out some bread. It was lovely and we enjoyed it.

P5190319-L.jpg

P5190320-L.jpg

By the time our food arrived a ship photographer came along and took our picture (of course with HIS camera so you were forced to purchase one from the ship). So I'm not sure if that's why she didn't take the picture for us or what. I just really thought it was lame.

We ended up just taking pictures of each other while sitting at the table. Not exactly what I was wanting.

P5190323-L.jpg

P5190324-L.jpg

When my food arrived, there was no chicken like she had promised. At this point I had decided that I didn't like her for not coming back to take our picture as promised, so I decided to not say anything to her and just go about my business and ignore her the way she did me. (Not really, I'm just pouting).

P5190321-L.jpg

P5190322-L.jpg

While we were eating there was a REALLY obnoxious lady sitting in the middle part of the restaurant with another couple. This was the loudest lady ever. She kept talking and talking and was so loud that you could hear her entire conversation. It was pretty annoying. I did witness a few people get up and leave. She even stopped a couple leaving and said a few words to them and they just smiled and walked away rolling their eyes and whispering under their breath. I had to laugh when I heard the lady make a comment saying "well, I don't like to air my dirty laundry in public but...." and kept going. Really? You don't? The STFU. Really. It was ruining my own conversation I was trying to have with my husband many tables away. I just hate rude people like this. I'm not there to hear your business nor do I want to. Just.shut.up!

I wasn't able to finish all of mine, so I had her box up the remaining to take back to the room for Sakari once we picked her up from the kids club. I also ordered a cheesecake to go. Yep, it wasn't a "normal" cheesecake like I always like. This one was a "lemon" cheese cake. It was normal on the bottom and had a lemon topping to it. I tried a few bites and it was "ok", but I still like the normal cheese cake. So, I scooped off the topping and ate underneath it. :D

Here's the picture the photographer took of us. I finally managed to get one of us together, the downside is I had to pay for it.

P5290013-L.jpg

I headed back to the room with the food and "daddy" picked up Sakari from the kids club. She had some of my left overs and played with her new friend "Ellie":

P5190325-L.jpg

So now I'm sitting out on the balcony after our shower and taking notes and I realize....WE MISSED THE DARN LATITUDES PARTY!!! :eek: Are you kidding me? This is now the second meeting we missed and free booze at that!!! What the heck is wrong with me this cruise????? Sigh (As you can see, there was a lot of sighing going on this cruise).

The husband was watching more shows on the making of Breakaway and Epic and we decided to go to sleep at 11:30pm since we had to be up early in the morning for our first port stop...St Maarten.

Good night Getaway. I'm off to my hard bed and creaking walls.

This makes two nights I didn't get to sleep at the planned time because I couldn't stop reading!! Looks like the little ones had a great time on the cruise :)

Sorry (hanging head in shame). I'm done for the night. I managed to finish up day 3 and I need to download more pictures. I'll pick up again tomorrow so that you can rest. ;)

I wonder if there's a time frame since we've been back for almost a week now. Did you say you have to have the insurance in order to claim? Would I just contact Southwest at a 1-800 number or do I have to contact the actual airport? I've never had this problem before and have no idea what to do.

Here is what is says on Southwest's website about damaged luggage.

"My baggage was damaged upon arrival at my destination. How should I report this? Within four hours of arrival at your final destination, please go to the Southwest Airlines Baggage Service Office located in the baggage claim area or the airport ticket counter. Show the baggage to the Southwest Airlines Baggage Service Agent so he/she can assess the damage and liability. While we will do all that we can to rectify the situation, know that we are not liable for normal wear and tear, including scratches, small dents, rips, tears, and/or dirt. We are also not liable for torn, scratched, missing or telescopic handles, straps, zippers, wheels or wheel casings."

Based on the extent of the damage to that new suitcase, they should definitely reimburse you for the replacement cost. I'd call the 800# and ask for a claim form to submit and provide your picture of the damaged suitcase. I'd tell them that due to your missed flight and all day travel you were not able to go to the baggage claim counter in FL within 4 hours. They will want a receipt to show what you paid for the luggage. I had lost luggage many years ago with SWA and they reimbursed me no problem.

Edited by herdingdogmom

I am loving your review. I love the picture of the Sunset Bar. I have not seen this -I'm hoping it overlooks a sunset!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm, I don't think that it does. It's kinda located in the middle and between the Grammy Experience and the Cigar Humidor although there might have been doors that lead out onto the deck. It's definitely not something I remember that you could sit inside and watch a sunset out of the windows.

Here is what is says on Southwest's website about damaged luggage.

"My baggage was damaged upon arrival at my destination. How should I report this? Within four hours of arrival at your final destination, please go to the Southwest Airlines Baggage Service Office located in the baggage claim area or the airport ticket counter. Show the baggage to the Southwest Airlines Baggage Service Agent so he/she can assess the damage and liability. While we will do all that we can to rectify the situation, know that we are not liable for normal wear and tear, including scratches, small dents, rips, tears, and/or dirt. We are also not liable for torn, scratched, missing or telescopic handles, straps, zippers, wheels or wheel casings."

Based on the extent of the damage to that new suitcase, they should definitely reimburse you for the replacement cost. I'd call the 800# and ask for a claim form to submit and provide your picture of the damaged suitcase. I'd tell them that due to your missed flight and all day travel you were not able to go to the baggage claim counter in FL within 4 hours. They will want a receipt to show what you paid for the luggage. I had lost luggage many years ago with SWA and they reimbursed me no problem.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do. With my luck, they'll probably tell me that I've been back from vacation too long to report. :rolleyes: But I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm going to attempt to get the rest of Day 3 done tonight before bed so stay tuned.

Thanks so much.

The tooth (or lack there of) is ok, I just can't keep my tongue out of it. :p I haven't called the dentist yet but plan to some time next week. They are usually good about getting me in the same day. It's not hurting anymore thank goodness. Yes, it was a back molar thank goodness.

Thanks on the compliments on the Spirit review. I love the Spirit and she still remains my favorite small ship. Did you said her?

I did sail on the Spirit in January. I loved it so much, I will return in November.

I did a "live from" during the cruise, and have attached the link:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974054

I plan to do another when I sail again. This time, I am going to learn to embed photos. It is my goal! (Though, I take terrible pictures... really really bad AND I cut off people's heads.)

I have subscribed to your thread, so I will continue to read as you post!

Thank you!

Tracie-Lynn

I have some Atenolol I will share with you for the heart palpitations. :D Although it didn't work too well during this cruise for me. eh

I would love to try the Pride of America to Hawaii. Maybe some day. I know it's pretty expensive, so I'll have to really save and maybe only do 1 cruise that year.

Yes, a lot of you have been on this journey with me during nursing school. You have given me encouragement when needed and lifted my spirits when I thought I couldn't go on. I can't believe it is finally over. Whew.:)

The POA is expensive, actually about 3 x's as expensive as a Caribbean cruise. With it being a U.S. flagged ship that never leaves the islands it is understandable. Plus all the Coast Guard certifications the crew has to have pushes the price up also. Even though the service isn't what we expect from the international crew it was a great way to see the islands. I didn't think of it as a cruise so much as transportation to the islands, a floating hotel and some food :D. With no sea days it's hard to be a cruise to me. The ship was beautiful and it was the best vacation I've had!

I've finally caught up on your review and can't help shake my head at all the problems you have encountered! :eek::eek: I have my popcorn and I'm ready for the rest! )I broke my toe twice in the 4 weeks leading up to our Epic cruise last December...I feel your pain)

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do. With my luck, they'll probably tell me that I've been back from vacation too long to report. :rolleyes: But I guess it's worth a shot.

We are enjoying your review. Thanks for taking the time to share all the info and pictures.

Re: the damaged luggage claim with Southwest, definitely follow up with them. I think they will make it right. And you may as well include the cost of the items lost too.

We are booked on the Sun 2 years from now and as far as I can tell the ship will not have any of the new improvements until April/May of 2016. We haven't been on any of the mega ships but are a bit concerned that the Sun will be too small and dated for a 2 week cruise. I'm looking forward to your review later this year!