Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

I have been reading your reviews for years and watching your beautiful little girl grow up right before my eyes. She will cherish the memories you are making with her forever. Ok I am done being melodramatic and am ready for your next installment!

I'm on an Iphone most of the time. There may be other options in settings on the full version. Anyways, once you make a comment, you will receive email updates when new postings of the thread are posted. I am riveted to this thread, so since my email fetches new email every 15 minutes, I won't have to constantly check this thread when there is an update. I will just here the email "ding" and get my latest postings about this topic. Having booked the Getaway, I sure hope that the coming episodes get better. I really hope I don't start thinking about cancelling. Now let me get some popcorn and wait for the next update!

Edited by thraak

How lucky are we on CC! Gambee is just about to finish up his Breeze review and Kim is just starting! Talk about review Heaven!:D

So sorry for the Drama you had this cruise and I gather there is more to come... Hope nothing as drastic as the missed flight. Really love your writing style and looking forward to more.

Go to the top of the posts (where the page numbers are listed). Click on Thread Tools. Click on Subscribe to this Thread. Select how often you want to be notified of new posts. Click Add Subscription.

Now you are subscribed to the thread!

Poor Baby.......... I love your review so far...... I am so sorry that you miss your fight.:eek: Sometime we think traveling with the whole family( Adult) would be great to do. Well I am here to say sometime it can make or break the trip. I been in your shoe before. I had to make a promise to myself I will NEVER travel with family. I like to be pack and ready to go 3 days before I go on a trip. So I know you wanted to kick and scream in the middle of the airport once you saw the plane leaving. Next time just keep it simple you DH and sweet Sakari:o. Hey Would u do it again:rolleyes:

Kendra discovered that she couldn't find their birth certificates that she just had in her hand the night before.

She finally found the birth certificates and we all piled in and off we headed to the airport in a racing frenzy.

So where were the birth certificates hiding???

Oh, c'mon. You are just teasing us now. Between this, the long last glance at the luggage in the parking lot and Kendra with your cc, there's some gripping stuff to come, for sure!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You're right, there's definitely more to come in the gripe section. :D

I agree with you about the Getaway's sailaway party. It was lacking, and not at all like Epic's. There were not too many people back in Spice for the "party".

It's not at all like any of the other NCL cruises on the smaller ships either. I usually love their partys!

The suspense is killing me! What happens next?

A little more is coming up before bedtime. I'm a night owl, but being on the cruise and getting up early and going to bed early has my scheduled all out of wack. :p I'm so sleepy right now after dinner.

Oh Girl that's the way we felt after our last cruise. Not just bummed but needing a cruise do over. I think I had high expectations. I guess we are bonkers because I'm looking for another where we can take all of ours!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yep, you have to be bonkers. LOL :p

No. No!,,,,,,

Got home late, got hooked on this review...but I am also hooked on Fargo like a previous poster !,,

And it starts in 4 minutes

Okay, mitsugirly

Mañana......

Nora

Ok, I have to ask now that there are 2 of you posting about this...what is Fargo? What have I been missing? Being a nursing student left absolutely 0 time for any tv over the last 4 years. I had to catch up on my Grey's Anatomy online once a week. :p

Now subscribed to thread. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for following along. I hope you enjoy it. :)

love ur reviews. I'm always checking out ur excursions for ideas. we will be going one getaway sept/2015

Thanks. I hope some of the reviews have helped you along the way. :) I still claim this is my second job. I have to do it for the cruisers! :D

I love your reviews!!!! I think I would have lost my mind on your daughter LOL. I'm like you and plan everything to the nth degree and would have lost it. Reminds me of when my parents were taking us to the airport to catch an international flight. My Dad came in to help us load luggage and left the keys to the car with my Mom. Well Mom decided that she needed to supervise or something and got out of the car and hit the door lock button. Yep, locked out of the car, with 1/2 of the luggage in it. My husband was trying to break the window with a brick when AAA showed up LOL

The balconies make me afraid to book the Breakaway class of ships. We LOVE our balconies and I know I would be so disappointed in that.

Thanks, glad you like them. Oh gosh, sounds like you had a bad start to a flight too. Thank goodness AAA showed up in time.

Yea, it will make me think twice and do more research before booking the Breakaway (which I was hoping to do next year). :(

Waiting patiently for more....

BTW....congrats on graduating!! Next up: NCLEX!!! 🎓 🎉

Sigh, don't remind me. I have to get this review done so that I can get the rest of my house put together to start studying for the NCLEX. Aren't you the one that told me about the "nursing cruises" for classes during one review? :D

Very, very intriguing review. I can't wait to read more!

Thanks for coming in and joining me on this adventure. You might want to pull up a chair, get comfy and grab the popcorn for this one. By the end of it, you may be drinking like a lush. LOL :p

So did all the luggage show up? :confused: Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

I'll get to that. ;) But as of yet...nope. :p

I have been reading your reviews for years and watching your beautiful little girl grow up right before my eyes. She will cherish the memories you are making with her forever. Ok I am done being melodramatic and am ready for your next installment!

Thanks so much. She is getting so big and still loving her cruising. We broke it to her on this cruise that when we came back, we would be going again in 5 months. She has no sense of time, but knows that we always cruise the week before Christmas and said "So I'll go to sleep a few times and then get up and it will be Christmas and we will be on the ship again?" This cruise will be way before Christmas in November, so it might just throw her off a little this time around. No Christmas decorations, no Santa and no Trixie the Elf. :(

Sakari is adorable. Thanks for showing us the pic. How do subscribe to a thread?

Thanks so much. You have already subscribed to this thread since you posted in it. :)

I'm on an Iphone most of the time. There may be other options in settings on the full version. Anyways, once you make a comment, you will receive email updates when new postings of the thread are posted. I am riveted to this thread, so since my email fetches new email every 15 minutes, I won't have to constantly check this thread when there is an update. I will just here the email "ding" and get my latest postings about this topic. Having booked the Getaway, I sure hope that the coming episodes get better. I really hope I don't start thinking about cancelling. Now let me get some popcorn and wait for the next update!

Oh no, don't cancel. The Getaway is a beautiful ship. It was just a bad cruise for us.

There we go, the first cruiser waiting with their bag of popcorn. Way to Go! :D

How lucky are we on CC! Gambee is just about to finish up his Breeze review and Kim is just starting! Talk about review Heaven!:D

So sorry for the Drama you had this cruise and I gather there is more to come... Hope nothing as drastic as the missed flight. Really love your writing style and looking forward to more.

Gasp, Gambee went on the Breeze? As in Carnival? Point me to that direciton. I will need to read that. That's one of the ships I have wanted to try. I love his reviews.

Yep, more stuff to come and yes, just as bad if not worse. ;)

Poor Baby.......... I love your review so far...... I am so sorry that you miss your fight.:eek: Sometime we think traveling with the whole family( Adult) would be great to do. Well I am here to say sometime it can make or break the trip. I been in your shoe before. I had to make a promise to myself I will NEVER travel with family. I like to be pack and ready to go 3 days before I go on a trip. So I know you wanted to kick and scream in the middle of the airport once you saw the plane leaving. Next time just keep it simple you DH and sweet Sakari:o. Hey Would u do it again:rolleyes:

I know it wasn't the greatest cruise and a lot happened, but I do know that this bad memory will soon fade enough that I will soon forget most of it and we will cruise with them again in the future. As much grief as Kendra puts me in, both of us will be the first to tell you that we are each others best friend. We do everything together. We are in contact on a daily basis. We have similar interest (just not in timing). We confide in each other and tell each other everything, even our deepest, darkest secrets we wouldn't dare tell anyone. That's the awesome relationship we have. Then there's the cat fights where I want to scratch her eyes out...like this cruise. :D

So where were the birth certificates hiding???

Honestly, I don't even remember where she said. I can only recall her running down the steps really fast and saying "I found them, let's go" and off we went.

We sail on the Getaway on Saturday. Cant wait to read more! Based on the shower it looks like a mini suite? We are booked in a large balcony mini suite.

Yep, it's a mini-suite. I think someone said the larger one maybe has a shower in it instead? Or maybe I'm mixing that up with something else? :confused:

I probably won't have this review done by the time you leave, so I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Wow Kim, I am just starting to read your review and I am stressed out already! As I am always early I have heart palpitations reading this! :D

I can't believe how big Sakari has gotten! I think she was 3 when I started reading your reviews!

We are just of the Pride of America and I just began mhy mini review of her and the Hawaiian islands. I have abandoned it to read your review. :p Much more interesting!

Congratulations on graduating nursing school! I feel i have been on the journey with you!

Kev is most likely laughing and raising a toast to your adventures this time around...cheers :rolleyes:

Tammy

So back to the review...

After being seated for a good 10 minutes or so, I'll let you all guess what family came rolling in late.

Once everyone was situated, we began to explore the items on the table. Sakari was fascinated with the kaleidoscope that was at our table.

P5170104-L.jpg

The family sat around taking everything in and wondering what we were about to see.

P5170101-L.jpg

P5170099-L.jpg

The show began. There were several acts and I have to say this show was FABULOUS. Sakari was so into the show (I wasn't really sure what to expect from her) that she wouldn't take her eyes off of them long enough to eat. When I would talk to her, it was like she was completely zoned out and afraid that she was going to miss something.

Now I'll be the first to admit, I'm really not into the "fancy" dining scene. I really enjoy just the basic foods and not anything "abnormal". Kendra is the same way. We both knew going into this show and booking it meant that it would probably be one of those meals we wouldn't enjoy. We had prepared ourselves to know that we probably wouldn't eat much of it and would need to head to the buffet or O'Sheehans after the show.

Our "salad" was served.

P5170103-L.jpg

It was pretty much up to par with what we had anticipated. I don't like tomatoes, and this "lettuce" was the really bitter lettuce, which I don't know how people eat this stuff, there was a cucumber slice wrapped around the lettuce holding it together (which is what I ate), some uncooked something or other (which I've had before and didn't like it), and some cheese (which I would never pass up cheese).

The rest of the family pretty much passed on their "salad" just like I thought they would. I mean to people like us, a salad is a lot of iceburg lettuce, throw several different types of cheese on there, some broccoli, cauliflower, boiled eggs, carrots, cucumbers, bacon bits and croutons, then top it off with some nice ranch dressing and that's what's called a salad!

I also don't really care too much for red meat (I'll eat hamburger, but don't like steak at all) and told the waiter that I didn't eat red meat just so that I could get shrimp only (I love shrimp). So of course when my dinner was served, I had 2 helpings of shrimp. It was served with the huge steak fries, and 1 broccoli floret. Of course I ate it all. The kids didn't care for theirs. Desert came out and there were 3 different types on the platter. I also don't like chocolate (I know, at this point you are all wondering what do I like right?) I tried 1 of the deserts, but it wasn't too memorable to even remember what it was. I didn't even take pictures of the rest of the meal after the salad. We were just too into watching the show.

After the show was over, they brought everyone out on the stage and we were able to take a picture. They were great and amazed all of us with their "talent".

P5170105-L.jpg

It's definitely a "do not miss" type of show for sure. The kids can order a chicken nugget kids meal. Brayden ordered that, but Sakari said no to the chicken nuggets. She barely touched anything anyhow no matter what the food was. She was just too into the show.

After the show we headed back to the room and I took a shower in the heavenly spa shower head room. It was seriously to die for and I enjoyed every single minute of it.

We didn't get a towel animal tonight. I thought that was strange because on previous cruises we get a towel animal every night except maybe the last night of the cruise. Our beds were turned down and waiting on us. We hung out on the balcony for awhile before going to bed at midnight. I was mentally exhausted and so glad that the following day would be a sea day.

From here I will backtrack a little to right before the show with some things that happened and I forgot to mention.

Wow Kim, I am just starting to read your review and I am stressed out already! As I am always early I have heart palpitations reading this! :D

I can't believe how big Sakari has gotten! I think she was 3 when I started reading your reviews!

We are just of the Pride of America and I just began mhy mini review of her and the Hawaiian islands. I have abandoned it to read your review. :p Much more interesting!

Congratulations on graduating nursing school! I feel i have been on the journey with you!

Kev is most likely laughing and raising a toast to your adventures this time around...cheers :rolleyes:

Tammy

I have some Atenolol I will share with you for the heart palpitations. :D Although it didn't work too well during this cruise for me. eh

I would love to try the Pride of America to Hawaii. Maybe some day. I know it's pretty expensive, so I'll have to really save and maybe only do 1 cruise that year.

Yes, a lot of you have been on this journey with me during nursing school. You have given me encouragement when needed and lifted my spirits when I thought I couldn't go on. I can't believe it is finally over. Whew.:)

So back tracking a little earlier in the day after the so-so sailaway party.

When we went back to our rooms, the hubbys luggage was still not in the hallway. It was 6:30pm already and we stopped one of the stewards to ask how much longer would they be putting out the luggage. They told us all of the luggage was already out. :eek: I KNEW IT! I JUST KNEW IT!

Earlier in the day, both Courtney and I signed up for the iConcierge with NCL. (More on that program later). So, I messaged Courtney to see if her and Kendra's luggage ever showed up and they informed me that theirs did indeed show up. They also informed me that their key cards no longer worked and they were unable to purchase anything on any of the 4 that were assigned to Kendra's room. :confused:

We were told to go down to the service desk on deck 6 to inquire about luggage and the keycards.

As we stood in line, we over heard several people already at the desk having to fill out lost luggage forms. I looked at the hubby and said "looks like you'll be getting a new wardrobe" and at that point I was totally convinced the new red luggage was cursed.

When it was our turn at the counter, we told the lady about the lost luggage and she said they had about 10 of them sitting in the back with no tags on them. She took us around the corner and into the back hallway behind customer service were some bags were lined up. Immediately we knew his wasn't there because none of them were red. I ask her "So is there any other luggage?" She informed us that this was all the luggage they had left that they could not identify. Sigh. I just knew the luggage sitting in the middle of a parking space was not a great idea. I was convinced that they hubby would have "throw-backs" (as he likes to call it) on every day this week and by mid cruise he would stink me out of the room, forcing me to sleep in the hallway were there was fresh air and the rest of the cruise would be ruined.

Sigh, don't remind me. I have to get this review done so that I can get the rest of my house put together to start studying for the NCLEX. Aren't you the one that told me about the "nursing cruises" for classes during one review? :D

I love your review with pictures. I can't wait for more!

And congratulations on your graduation! You're done with the hard part! The NCLEX wasn't that bad. I took it 20+ years ago and my daughter just took it in February. Seems to be about the same old questions!