Crown first ship into new SF Port

jamesnnb

We read that the Crown Princess will be the very first ship to dock at the new cruise terminal (Pier 27) in San Francisco on September 18, 2014. Anyone going to be on that ship? Anyone sailed into a brand-spanking new cruise terminal on its opening day? Sounds exciting!

Thanks for mentioning this. I am very interested in hearing more about the new facilities. It looks nice from the outside.

I have been very disappointed in Pier 35, so I hope the new place will be wonderful.

Thanks again.

We'll be sailing on the Island out of Pier 27 on September 27. Not anticipating any issues but then we've never had any problems going in or out of Pier 35.

We were on the Caribbean Princess last November as it made its first journey to Houston, coming from New York. What we found was that the Princess personnel had been well trained, Immigration was a little understaffed (not by much), and things flowed fairly smoothly.

Note: One of the next cruises reported some issues with positioning of the ramps leading to the ship for boarding, which delayed boarding.

The Princess transfer to the Houston IAH airport was, oddly enough, kind of a disaster as the bus driver really had no clue where to drop us off at the airport, with limited vertical overhead signs prohibiting the way he should have been able to go.

I would assume you won't have similar issues with SF, especially if Princess uses the same bus companies as they do now.

The Princess transfer to the Houston IAH airport was, oddly enough, kind of a disaster as the bus driver really had no clue where to drop us off at the airport, with limited vertical overhead signs prohibiting the way he should have been able to go.

Not just with Princess in Houston, but with other times contract drivers used with other companies (not just cruise lines) in Houston, the drivers demonstrated a lack of knowledge of where they had to go and how to get there. And if there was construction along the way, how to get around it.

I do not know why Houston companies that contract out their buses often do not have drivers that know where they are going and what to do when they get there.

We'll be sailing on the Island out of Pier 27 on September 27. Not anticipating any issues but then we've never had any problems going in or out of Pier 35.

We didn't have a problem either but if you want to park your car in the cruise parking lot across the street, reserve it early or you will be a couple of blocks away. It is a busy terminal! Glad to hear the Crown is coming to my home city.

Elizabeth Lynne