Can any department help me

picantel

It's your kids best friend and he just found out he was cruising the same week. You would think he would have heard something months the ago. When I was a kid if I asked my parents to change vacation plans they would have said too bad for you. I would have been happy as Heck I was going on a cruise at all. Kids are really spoiled now a days. We were lucky if we went anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Thank you! Plan a trip together NEXT time. The other family doesn't seem too concerned.

Just a quick update. I fully realize I am being unreasonable now but they offered to switch for $50 a person. I am just the type of person who cannot throw money away. They told me the liberty I am on sold out so they would have to put it up for resale. I am somewhat confused about this rationale though as the liberty would have one open cabin that sales in 2 days and the sunshine sails tomorrow and has 24 open cabins left so why are they so concerned about 1 when they should be about the remaining 24 more expensive rooms. Oh well I tried... and tried... and tried lol.

I think that Carnival came up with a more than fair accommodation. $50 per person is a fair cost for what you were requesting.

While you chose not to switch you cannot say that Carnival was not accommodating.

Chris

It's your kids best friend and he just found out he was cruising the same week. You would think he would have heard something months the ago. When I was a kid if I asked my parents to change vacation plans they would have said too bad for you. I would have been happy as Heck I was going on a cruise at all. Kids are really spoiled now a days. We were lucky if we went anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

My father put us six kids through private schools from grade one through high school. If I asked for a cruise he would have put on a Hawaiian shirt and said here watch the Love Boat :>)

I think the 50/person offer was more than fair considering the cancellation policy calls for 100% at this point.

I don't really know why you would expect them to do it for free though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will just use royal carribean for all future cruises. Lesson learned.

Please let us know what the people at Royal tell you when you try to cancel your cruise and book a different one 4 days before departure.

The cancelation/rebooking fees are pretty similar among the cruise lines that close to departure (100% penalty). I'm actually shocked that they entertained your request and offered you the opportunity to make the change for a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

$50 seems to be Carnival's standard "change fee", so if I understand this correctly they were willing to do exactly what you requested, asking only for their administrative costs plus a little. They are a publicly traded, for-profit company after all.

Considering that that you were well into the 100% cancellation period and they could easily have said "absolutely not", This is actually *better* customer service than I have been given to expect from Carnival and they should be applauded for attempting to accommodate your request.

Enjoy your cruise!

I didn't think switching ships inside 5 or so days was possible, cancellation fees or not.

I have heard somewhere that the US Coast Guard or some other US agency requires a complete passenger manifest provided to the agency within a certain number of days a ship sails. I could be wrong.

I didn't think switching ships inside 5 or so days was possible, cancellation fees or not.

I have heard somewhere that the US Coast Guard or some other US agency requires a complete passenger manifest provided to the agency within a certain number of days a ship sails. I could be wrong.

The manifest is submitted 60-90 minutes before departure.

You can Carnival the morning of the cruise and still book for that day.:)

Bill

Some of the other lines have policies about how late they will take reservations. Carnival doesn't--we booked less than 24 hours before embarking and it was no problem.