Spirit need help comparing rooms

NJLVW

For anyone who has been on the Spirit. We are comparing suites to see what will fit us best. I prefer the AFT. DH prefer being FWD. If anyone has pictures it would be helpful or can at least compare the differences I would greatly appreciate it. Here is what I am trying to compare. SB aft vs SE fwd vs SG aft. I know they are all a little different. Some history for us is we have been in the OS on the Dawn fwd corner, corner aft penthouse on the Sun. We have also been in the 2 bedroom suites & GV. I enjoyed all. I like space and where I have never cruised on the Spirit I have no idea how the rooms would compare. So please for anyone with personal knowledge I would love to hear what your opinion would be.

Thank you in advance for all who can offer some help.

Norma

I have not stayed in the aft suites. I was in suite 10001 which is an SE. It was lovely. One big bonus is a door between the living room and bedroom.

If you go with an SE, try to get 10002 or10502. These end units have 1.5 bathrooms and 2 balconies.

I have not stayed in the aft suites. I was in suite 10001 which is an SE. It was lovely. One big bonus is a door between the living room and bedroom.

If you go with an SE, try to get 10002 or10502. These end units have 1.5 bathrooms and 2 balconies.

Thank you. It is good to know. We were considering corner fwd vs corner aft. Does anyone else have some comparison? There really isn't a lot of info or pictures for the Spirit.

Is the 2nd balcony on the side?

Hi, We stayed in 9708 in 2010. I cannot compare it to the other Suites on the Spirit, but have stayed in an Aft PH on both Dawn and Gem. I really liked the layout of the suite itself, but the balcony is very narrow (but long) when compared to the Aft PH on Deck 10 of the Dawn and still narrower than aft PH on deck 9 of the Gem.

The suite has dinning and living room areas, which are separated from the bedroom and master bath by a door. The second bathroom is just off the dining area to the left when you enter the suite. The bedroom and master bathroom are separated by a Curtain. There is a separate shower and Whirlpool tub. The whirlpool tub is across the back of the bathroom/suite overlooking the balcony and ships wake with two large windows. One of the two windows, opens so you have fresh sea air and the sound of the ships wake while relaxing in the bath (if that is your thing). The last thing is the Owners Suite receives 3 bottles of alcohol with the Suite, if you drink or were planning an in room bar set up.

I am attaching a few photo's from our trip. I had to resize them to attach here. Some are a little darker than the originals. Also, please excuse the clutter... I didn't think to take the pictures before settling into the suite. I hope this is helpful in making your decision.

IMG_0543-resize.jpg.1569213267b5f3c0c4b0bf14a98f3b64.jpg

IMG_0544-resize.jpg.7172613316d4be91c75e9a125a86629c.jpg

IMG_0542-resized.jpg.3de53788604ecf1037899a33fa7ad7a9.jpg

IMG_0529-resize.jpg.dd9fc35be5a5bacbc7ef61a29a9be0ac.jpg

IMG_0531-resize.jpg.47a5e1d61d73544df3531100e3ea6ac5.jpg

IMG_0534-resize.jpg.9db1d30f5ad7ccea5d9c67ce676a23ad.jpg

IMG_0518-resize.jpg.89ac397a6f218ab3e9cc2ef0c143c4e5.jpg

IMG_0519-resize.jpg.ee12fccc5528645766d7074911484ee9.jpg

IMG_0539-resize.jpg.25773ac0013fd530851b20ce36ce898d.jpg

IMG_0540-resize.jpg.b381a1b45cf2041a347d55d9b719026a.jpg

IMG_0541-resize.jpg.2970839cb71924a2e6fa049d6d08149c.jpg

Looks like you have to be a member in order to see anything. :(

I am a member but when I looked quickly the other day it wasn't apparent to me that those rooms had a second balcony. I will have to take a look again.

I did note that the balcony cabin next (behind) those rooms is unusually small as someone got that room in the past and posted on here about how small it was. Supposedly it was originally meant to be adjoining to that room in the front as if for a nanny.

df5250 thank you so much for taking the time to post the pictures. Just what I was looking for. Now if only I can get pictures of the SE fwd corner. If the size is about the same between the 2 suites I may let DH have his way and go with the fwd. We do not drink so the alcohol doesn' matter to me. Now the water & sodas well that is another story. LOL

TracieABD thank you for the info about the 2 balcony's that is important to me. Do you happen to have any pictures?

Anyone else? Thank you everyone for the info.

Norma

I do not hve photos, but when I go in November, I am going to take many.

By the way, the port side suite is light wood and the starboard side suite is dark wood.

We decided to try the light wood this time around.

Aft Suite 9212 looks exactly as the video in the NCL website. It is beautiful. We cruised in it last August. The whirlpool bathtub over looks the wake as does the shower. It is very quiet in the back of the ship. There are stairs nearby to access other decks. We were offered the Owners Suite one stateroom over but turned it down. We we were glad we did.

Here is an extensive review of the cabin and is 100 percent accurate and complete. I did not write it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68181

Let me know if you have more questions. Which cruise are u booking? The 12 day MED?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you milolii. May I ask why you didn't take the owners suite and why you were glad you didn't? I am looking to book the the Spirit when she comes back to Port Canaveral. Yes I have a bit of a wait but allows me much time to do research. Although the itinerary we want is January 2016. It is only offered a few times which means I will probably book now rather then wait. I want to chose my room and not be sorry later or be hoping I can upgrade. Then I miss out on what I really want. I will say I wish I were going to the Med...someday. Bucketlist!

TracieABD I hope when you come back in Nov you will have taken alot of photos and be able to share them. I wish I knew how to get my photos on here but I do not. :(

It does seem like the fwd penthouse & the owners suite are both larger in space. Looks like both have the 2nd bathroom. I still prefer the aft so I can listen to the wake. DH likes to see where we are going. He may win again.. More pictures please.

Thank you

Norma

We prefer aft. I liked the soothing colours of the Gemini Suite. Also the painting in the bedroom represents Venice, our port of embarkation. I found the colours in the Owners Suite annoying. Silly, huh?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did find a few more pictures & video on utube to look at. I suppose know matter what it will still be a surprise once we are onboard as we have never been on thhe Spirit. It does look like the fwd suites have the big bulkhead type door for the front balcony and not a sliding door. Can anyone confirm this? Also, how close in comparison may the Spirit be to the Sun? We have been on the Sun several times and love love love her. This year will be a first for fwd on the Sun. Have always had the aft. Can anyone who has been on both compare the fwd & aft from the Sun to the Spirit? I know huge difference from the Dawn class & mega class ships but how about the Sun class to the Spirit???

Thank you all so very much. I do appreciate all the opinions.

Norma

We did Jewel and Jade, and found our way around immediately.

Also did Sun and Spirit - totally different, except for the MDRs being accessible only down the stairs or elevator on both. e.g. theatre at the aft on Spirit.

Thank you everyone for all your opinions. I guess I am really trying to compare the fwd suite to the aft OS suite. If anyone actually knows the difference between the 2 rooms. Pictures are always welcome as that is the best way for me to see. If you have been in or seen both I would greatly appreciate the feedback. I know the OS has additional ammenities so it is more about the room size & setup. Again, I always have prefered the aft to listen to the wake of the ship. Seeing where you are going well I must admit my DH is right it is real nice. I notice on the pictures for the Sun there is no bulkdoor to front balcony. On the Dawn/Jewel class ships there is a steel bulkhead door. Does anyone know about the Spirit? Also, difference in the balcony. I know in fwd it can get windy when underway. I believe the corner fwd suites have a side balcony as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Once again thank you.. I know so many questions. I do appreciate the responses. :)

• 8 months later...

Bringing this post back up as I am planning to book today. I have researched and researched and really can not find good pictures of the 2 different suites. My choices is either 10002 or 9208. Going back to Caribbean if that matters for the room. If anyone has been in both can you please let me know the differences. I am leaning towards the fwd suite as DH does prefer fwd. The extra amenities do not matter as we do not drink. I am looking for what others opinions are between space in the 2 different rooms as well as the location. We just came back from the SUN (my favorite ship) and it was the

1st time we had been in a fwd on her. OMG is all I can say. The suite was beautiful. We have cruised 4 other time in the corner aft on her. Also, for those that have cruised on both ships maybe you could compare for me. I do appreciate any info you can give me.

Thank you once again.

Norma

• 1 month later...

Just an update I did book the fwd suite. We decided to go in April right after the winter here. So hopefully no stress with flights. There were no OS left & only 1 corner suite so I booked it. Couldn't resist the promos. Also, made my decision a little easier. DH wins again. lol I still haven't found alot of info or pictures. If anyone is recently back from the Spirit and has pictures or info on the fwd corner suites I would so appreciate it. Have a bit of a wait for our cruise. So gives me lots of time to research. lol. Still have lots of time to watch the pricing. A long way off but I am so excited.. :D:D:D

Thank you again for all opinions and pictures!!!

Norma

Edited by NJLVW