Postcards

ducklite

I left a pile of post cards at guest services on the PG near the beginning of our cruise. All were stamped with appropriate postage. None have arrived yet. It's been over three weeks. Normal?

I'd give it a couple more weeks. I had some soaps and perfumes sent from Tahiti prior to our trip and it took about 6 weeks. When we were on Bora Bora, we were looking at some art and the owner of the shop said that shipping it could take several weeks due to the pace at which things move there.

3 - 5 weeks isn't out of the norm. I've set stuff out many times and it usually is within that window frame.

We know you want to apologized for pointing a finger a tad early, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Tikiintahiti

It's been over four weeks. When I've sent postcards from Europe, even notoriously slow Greece, they've arrived within a couple if weeks or so.

By the way, no, I will not apologize for them losing my clothes. Talk about blaming the victim. Sheesh!

Edited by ducklite

It's been over four weeks. When I've sent postcards from Europe, even notoriously slow Greece, they've arrived within a couple if weeks or so.

By the way, no, I will not apologize for them losing my clothes. Talk about blaming the victim. Sheesh!

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

You said, "It's been over three weeks."

As I've stated before, you sure like changing the measuring tape to suit your needs. And no, I wasn't talking about your clothes, I'm talking about the post cards ........... but then you knew that ......

Personally if I was a company that was being targeted in the way you are doing here, I would think about legal action, but that's how I feel and I'm not PG. It's one thing to give a review that isn't 100% positive, good critique is helpful but you've gone way past that, your 'targeting' to do harm, that is just wrong.

I think if we just ignore her she might stop this madness .... I have nothing further to say on this thread ..........

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I handed them to guest services on April 28th, after I wrote them out while in the motu. That's over four weeks. I've been back for over three weeks.

I have said nothing that would be actionable, I haven't lied. It's really sad that you can't accept that I enjoyed, but did not love my time with them, and that there were some very real problems with my cruise.

Edited by ducklite

Two years ago I left a stamped postcard with guest services when we were docked in St. Maarten (different cruise line). It was going to Canada. My friend got it in December, almost nine months later. Apparently the card swam to the U.S. and then walked to Vancouver.

The ship sends out the mail once they are back in Papeete, (at least mine were postmarked from there) if they tried to mail from Tahaa it could very well be 9 months as BeagleOne experienced in St Maarten; LOL

Besides someone would have to take the boat over to Tahaa from Motu Mahana in order to post the mail.

Fakarava didnt even have a bank though they do have a doctor but that may have changed.

Also FP subjects have a pretty lackadaisical approach to life and time. Its the island mentality and that could also cause these problems. They go about their business in their own fashion and in their own way....

• 3 weeks later...
I disagree with Tiki, that's all I'll say.

I have watched and read the posts, exchanges, retorts, whining and a whole list of other adjectives and nouns from two seasoned FP pros (emdee and tiki) with ducklite.

My conclusion after five repeat cruises on the PG is either there's some stealth PR being conducted by the newest cruise line to try and compete with PG or there's at least one person in the world that will never be pleased.

I'll agree with the opinions of two who know the FP like the back of their hands and rest with the logical statement: if you want to travel in the most economical, luxurious, and locally knowledgeable line that has made the FP it's primary cruising grounds for years, there is no better choice than PG!

Again, I just returned yesterday, and compare to my cruise on the PG last March, a certain staff member in guest services this time wasn't up to par. For example, we had to prepare a immigration form when the ship returned to Fiji. I do so and gave it to the staff as instructed. Two days before returning to Fiji waters, several of us, got a notice that we didn't fill out the form. So I filled out the form and waited until the guest services staff member that was on duty when I turned it in was on duty, I asked him if he remember me turning it in, sure do was his reply, he pulled my passport and there was the forms...

Edited by Icecat

I have watched and read the posts, exchanges, retorts, whining and a whole list of other adjectives and nouns from two seasoned FP pros (emdee and tiki) with ducklite.

My conclusion after five repeat cruises on the PG is either there's some stealth PR being conducted by the newest cruise line to try and compete with PG or there's at least one person in the world that will never be pleased.

I'll agree with the opinions of two who know the FP like the back of their hands and rest with the logical statement: if you want to travel in the most economical, luxurious, and locally knowledgeable line that has made the FP it's primary cruising grounds for years, there is no better choice than PG!

Oh please. I am not a shill for another line. I thought my PG experience was OK. There were several things that made it far from exceptional.

I'm obviously able to be pleased, as I've had other vacation experiences that were wonderful, and have spoken about them on Cruise Ciritic. I don't understand why some people find it so hard to believe that there were some things that really detracted from my cruise and made it OK, but not great.

By the way, the postcards still haven't arrived. Seven weeks tomorrow. Even if they didn't go into the mail until we got back to Tahiti, that's still over six weeks.

Again, I just returned yesterday, and compare to my cruise on the PG last March, a certain staff member in guest services this time wasn't up to par. For example, we had to prepare a immigration form when the ship returned to Fiji. I do so and gave it to the staff as instructed. Two days before returning to Fiji waters, several of us, got a notice that we didn't fill out the form. So I filled out the form and waited until the guest services staff member that was on duty when I turned it in was on duty, I asked him if he remember me turning it in, sure do was his reply, he pulled my passport and there was the forms...

Curious as to if that staff member was male or female?