Kettles in cabins?

Jenna109

We will be on the Eclipse out of Southampton in July and wondering if kettles are provided in the cabins. Last year we travelled on the transatlantic cruise and they were getting them ready for cruises out of the UK.

If they are in then what coffee is provided please?

:confused: I'm just curious - but can somebody enlighten me why Celebrity offers kettles in the cabins on cruises out of Southampton port but not on cruises out of Harwich???

You certainly can get one if you ask.

I had one for our TA in Oct '13 & I believe they were available on the previous 'Wine' cruise.

We will be on the Eclipse out of Southampton in July and wondering if kettles are provided in the cabins. Last year we travelled on the transatlantic cruise and they were getting them ready for cruises out of the UK.

If they are in then what coffee is provided please?

On our last cruise I think the coffee sachets were Nescafe.

On our last cruise I think the coffee sachets were Nescafe.

Thank you for information re kettles/coffee - great news for me as I do like a coffee early morning and never seem to get room service right time wise:eek: also hate answering door in dressing gown so usually get up and dressed - really then I could go to cafe!

P&O certainly have the coffee/tea tray well organised - don't know if it is on all ships. Again we were out of Southampton.

On Infinity are the kettles in all cabins, or just in the suites?

:confused: I'm just curious - but can somebody enlighten me why Celebrity offers kettles in the cabins on cruises out of Southampton port but not on cruises out of Harwich???

We sailed out of Harwich on the Infinity last September and had a kettle in our cabin, and friends had a kettle in their cabin on their cruise 1 or 2 cruises after ours, also out of Harwich on the Infinity. At first, I thought we had one because we were in a family veranda, but I found out that all cabins had them on the Infinity and likely for all sailings out of Harwich.

If you don't have a kettle for a Southampton or Harwich sailing, just ask and likely one will be provided.

Kathy

We sailed out of Harwich on the Infinity last September and had a kettle in our cabin, and friends had a kettle in their cabin on their cruise 1 or 2 cruises after ours, also out of Harwich on the Infinity. At first, I thought we had one because we were in a family veranda, but I found out that all cabins had them on the Infinity and likely for all sailings out of Harwich.

If you don't have a kettle for a Southampton or Harwich sailing, just ask and likely one will be provided.

Kathy

Thanks so much for the info. We go out of Harwich in 3 weeks, & I will bring my favorite Starbucks VIA instant coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I think a Celebrity are supplying kettles in order to compete ( successfully for me) with P & O who have always supplied them. They believe we Brits can't live without making tea first thing in the morning.

Personally, as I am not much of a tea drinker, we take good quality instant coffee like the Via or Azeera. We also get fresh milk from the buffet at breakfast to put In the cool box, commonly Mis-named as a fridge. I don't like UHT milk and this works well for an afternoon cuppa if need be too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums