Riviera Latest Disembarkation Time

MV21

Hi all,

We are taking our first Oceania cruise in August having previously cruised years ago with Princess and then more recently with Regent. We really loved Regent and are keen to see what Oceania has to offer (very open minded!)

Anyway, our cruise ends in Rome and we plan on getting a car (probably from Rome Cabs) to transfer us to Fiumicino Airport for a 1.30pm flight to Heathrow. Their site says the trip is usually 1.5 hours so we are thinking we would like them to pick us up at 9.30am. Is this possible or will we be kicked off the ship (in the nicest possible way) before then?

Thanks for your help.

Richard

On our trips a form was sent around with disembark time choices. They started at 8 and ended at 9. This is turned into destination services, the shore excursion desk, later in the trip the colored baggage tags arrive in your room.

9:15 should be fine. The trip into Rome really varies with the traffic situation ...a max of 1.5 hrs. By the way we used Rome Cabs last year. We found them to be 5 star in all aspects .... You will be in good hands.

IMO, 9:30 disembarkation might be pushing it.

The traffic is unpredictable and can be easy or horrific. The lines at security are almost always long and slow @ FCO.

I would leave earlier (8:30 or 9 at latest) and would rather spend a bit of extra time at the airport than rushing and "sweating it"

But that's just me.

IMO, 9:30 disembarkation might be pushing it.

The traffic is unpredictable and can be easy or horrific. The lines at security are almost always long and slow @ FCO.

I would leave earlier (8:30 or 9 at latest) and would rather spend a bit of extra time at the airport than rushing and "sweating it"

But that's just me.

Ditto to that.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think getting the car for 9 is probably wise. Even if we get to FCO by 10.30 we can always get a coffee and relax rather than worrying about getting there.

Many Thanks

Is breakfast served on that last morning? Our cruise also has us disembarking at 8am.

As pointed out before, breakfast is served but the hours are slightly different than usual - starts earlier and ends sooner than normal.