Bottles of Wine

cubflyer

RCCL now allows you to bring two bottles of wine on board at embarkation.

Does anyone know if Celebrity has the same policy?

That's been Celebrity's policy as long as I can remember.

Edited by Wine-O

We will be on the Eclipse for its Oct 5th cruise. The ship stops in Madeira. If I buy a bottle Madeira wine will it be confiscated till the end of the cruise?

Yes! Because people are likely to buying bottles in Maderia, they will be set up to take them from you when you return to the ship. They will give you a receipt and return your bottles to your stateroom on the final evening.

We will be on the Eclipse for its Oct 5th cruise. The ship stops in Madeira. If I buy a bottle Madeira wine will it be confiscated till the end of the cruise?

maybe....

Celebrity's policy is that if you bring on wine/liquor at any port, they will store it for you until the end of the cruise. Celebrity Practice varies and there's no way to predict if they will store it for you or just welcome you back to the ship and let you take it to your room. If you ask, of course they will tell you the policy. Personally, I have never had to check a bottle of anything I bought at a port....but who knows what will happen the next time.

maybe....

Celebrity's policy is that if you bring on wine/liquor at any port, they will store it for you until the end of the cruise. Celebrity Practice varies and there's no way to predict if they will store it for you or just welcome you back to the ship and let you take it to your room. If you ask, of course they will tell you the policy. Personally, I have never had to check a bottle of anything I bought at a port....but who knows what will happen the next time.

What project gal stated happened to me on a NCL cruise we took about five years ago. It was a Caribbean cruise and I bought 2 bottles of Scotch in the port, they took it when boarding and on the last night of the cruise they let me retrieve it.

Now this happened on our recent Silhouette cruise last January concerning a cork wine bottle opener. The bottle opener had that little 1 inch blade and the security caught it when embarking in FLL. She felt sympathetic and let me keep the opener. When the Silhouette stopped in San Juan my wife purchased this cheese dish that came with a little cheese knife. This knife was really lame and don't think it could cut through hot butter. That was confiscated and after we disembarked back in FLL we were able to get it.

Go figure...

Edited by Banjo

What project gal stated happened to me on a NCL cruise we took about five years ago. It was a Caribbean cruise and I bought 2 bottles of Scotch in the port, they took it when boarding and on the last night of the cruise they let me retrieve it.

Now this happened on our recent Silhouette cruise last January concerning a cork wine bottle opener. The bottle opener had that little 1 inch blade and the security caught it when embarking in FLL. She felt sympathetic and let me keep the opener. When the Silhouette stopped in San Juan my wife purchased this cheese dish that came with a little cheese knife. This knife was really lame and don't think it could cut through hot butter. That was confiscated and after we disembarked back in FLL we were able to get it.

Go figure...

Celebrity must use TSA training. The TSA once confiscated a gum massager from me at laGuardia Airport.

If something was caught "embarking in FLL" that probably was not Celebrity security, but the port security. If something is caught on entering the ship, those staff are Celebrity, but most of the shore security staff belongs to the terminal/port/country.