If booked with royal can it be switched to TA

Orbweaver

Hi Have booked a cruise for nov 2014 with royal caribbean. i have read that folks switch to a travel agent for better pricing or obc. Do you just call the TA and ask if they can beat the price you had booked. Do you have to cancel with royal first. And lastly is there any neg to switching to a TA(loss of deposit,no gurantee, paying a larger deposit). Thanks for all the help but i have read so much and just dont want to lose money if i dont have to thanks lauralee

Hi Have booked a cruise for nov 2014 with royal caribbean. i have read that folks switch to a travel agent for better pricing or obc. Do you just call the TA and ask if they can beat the price you had booked. Do you have to cancel with royal first. And lastly is there any neg to switching to a TA(loss of deposit,no gurantee, paying a larger deposit). Thanks for all the help but i have read so much and just dont want to lose money if i dont have to thanks lauralee

As mentioned, you can just transfer the booking to a TA within 60 days of the original booking date and prior to final payment with no loss of deposit or need to increase the deposit.

Just understand that the base stateroom rate from RCI direct or through a TA will be the same - RCI (along with most mass market cruise lines) does not discount the stateroom rate through a TA.

What a TA may offer is an OBC or other perks that come directly from their commission back to you. There also may be a slight pp rate decrease that is provided by the cruise lines based on the number of staterooms booked as a block by the TA, but only on those rooms. (The stateroom you booked directly would not be one of these). But this reduction is minimal to you.

In checking for a TA, be sure to ask if they charge any separate fees not charged directly by RCI for initiating, modifying, or cancelling a cruise booked (or transferred) by them. If they do, I would look for another TA as some do charge these fees but many do not.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Don't call RCL yourself, just give your booking number to the new TA and let them make the changes. As long as your within the 60 days you will have no problem. Make sure you ask your new TA for any perks available to you for switching, any perks given to you by RCL should remain in place. happy cruising

Yes, you can switch your booking over to your TA. I've done it a few times after booking a cruise online.

Your TA will need your booking information. Each time, I emailed her a copy of the confirmation email I received from the cruise line. My TA has given me great perks after I switched my booking over to her.

Happy cruising!