Internet Bonus Minutes

tromvest

Does Celebrity still give a bonus 25% additional internet minutes when an internet package is purchased on the first day?

We forgot to inquire about that on our Alaska cruise last week and never read anything about it in the daily however on our Europe cruise last fall we were offered 25% bonus minutes for signing up for a package on the first day.

Thank you!!

We had it on our cruise last Feb. on the Eclipse but since we were Select we got a 25% discount on a package that worked out better for us.

We're now Elite.

Does anyone know if we can combine this with the 90 free minutes we'll get as Elite to get more time?

To clarify - we'll need 400 minutes or so (my husband still has to stay in touch with work) so I wanted to know if we could get the 25% bonus on a package to add to the 90 we'll get.

Edited by chamima

We had it on our cruise last Feb. on the Eclipse but since we were Select we got a 25% discount on a package that worked out better for us.

We're now Elite.

Does anyone know if we can combine this with the 90 free minutes we'll get as Elite to get more time?

To clarify - we'll need 400 minutes or so (my husband still has to stay in touch with work) so I wanted to know if we could get the 25% bonus on a package to add to the 90 we'll get.

If you're asking whether you get both the 25% off coupon and the free time coupon...no...you get one or the other. However if they offer a bonus on the first day (or anytime) they have always added that to the elite free minutes.

If you're asking whether you get both the 25% off coupon and the free time coupon...no...you get one or the other. However if they offer a bonus on the first day (or anytime) they have always added that to the elite free minutes.

That's what I was asking - sorry I wasn't clear.

90 free minutes plus package of 208 minutes for $100 (plus 25% first day bonus so 250 minutes for $100) . Total of 348 minutes for $100.

That's what I was asking - sorry I wasn't clear.

90 free minutes plus package of 208 minutes for $100 (plus 25% first day bonus so 250 minutes for $100) . Total of 348 minutes for $100.

I think the first day bonus was 10% when they offered it...but I haven't seen it offered in the past two years (and I always ask).....so don't count on it.

Since you are elite, you will each get the 49.95 package and then you can buy any package you want at the normal price.

Um, I beg to differ. I have never succeeded in getting them to add that to my free elite or elite+ minutes.

I have had the extra "bonus if you book the first day" minutes added on top of the Elite Plus minutes, two cruises on Eclipse in February.

On Solstice in March and April there were no "first day bonus minutes" at all.

This is a very unpredictable bonus, great when you can get it, but you may not see any bonus on your particular cruise.

We did get the first day bonus internet minutes on Equinox 4/4/14 sailing. I don't know if they would have added it to our free elite minutes because we bought a substantial package as I had work (and even left the ship early to go back to work) I can't remember if it was 10 or 25 but I am pretty sure it was 10.

One thing that made it confusing was that they do not ADD the minutes, the reduce the price of what they're charging you per minute, effectively giving you more minues, so the $$ you have left is right, but what you thought you were paying was wrong, you're paying less per minute.

And for the record, I got the captains club points for the entire cruise, even though I left early. They also let me buy my beverage package upgrade only until the day I was leaving the ship.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled