A word of caution for suites below the patio

We were in 736 and had no problem on the Quest.

Thanks for the feedback. We have already been on one cruise where the outdoor dining area was right above us and I can say that it was not pleasant waking up to the noise of moving chairs & tables when the early breakfast folks arrived. Therefore, I was a bit concerned about what a bar/pool area would be like at night or in the early morning when staff are setting up loungers, etc.

Because no suites on Seabourn ships are under the outdoor cafe.

On that occasion we were sailing on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager in suite #1055 which is directly below 'La Veranda'. Lovely suite with an extra large veranda (a bit of a secret as it doesn't show this on the deck plans). But the early morning shuffling of chairs & tables at breakfast was rather annoying.

On that occasion we were sailing on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager in suite #1055 which is directly below 'La Veranda'. Lovely suite with an extra large veranda (a bit of a secret as it doesn't show this on the deck plans). But the early morning shuffling of chairs & tables at breakfast was rather annoying.

I thought it was not Seabourn. However, the patio grill is over some suites, but is not used for breakfast, so I do not think this should be a problem on any Seabourn ship.

Hi Jeni,

I am interested in what your opinion is of suite 735 is ow that you have been in it. We are booked in 735 next spring on a cruise from Auckland to Bali (sounds like your cruise in reverse!). We didn't get this as an upgrade like you, it was really all that was available other than by the elevator.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

We didn't notice any unusual noise in this suite. I'll add the disclaimer that we didn't turn in early any of the nights so if there was activity on the pool deck after dinner, we were usually a part of it. I also didn't sleep in any of the days so would not have notice anything that began after breakfast time.

I did not find this to be a bad location at all although I still think 829 is my favorite as it was BY the pool deck rather than underneath (and rather came in handy in the Caribbean)! I'm trying my luck with the GTY again for Singapore-Bali and hoping that I get deck 8 for maximum sun time!

Thanks for your feedback. We don't usually turn in until well after the evening show, so noise at night is not likely a big concern for the most part. However, we do prefer to sleep in, so I am a bit concerned about the movement of chairs, tables, and loungers in the morning. We have therefore requested to be wait listed for a mid-ship V5 (similar to that which we had during our 32 day 2012 South America cruise).

I have been in a couple of suites under the pool deck and have never been bothered by noise from above. But for those who are concerned mouse comes not just from the outdoor grill but from all activity there.

I have been in a couple of suites under the pool deck and have never been bothered by noise from above. But for those who are concerned mouse comes not just from the outdoor grill but from all activity there.

Oh, wripro,I have to chuckle, and I agree with you on not having the mouse (noise) bother me. I love CC, and I provide chuckles to other people as well!!

• 8 years later...

Sorry to add to this thread after such a long time. I had assumed Seabourn might have addressed this issue. But no. Lots of loud dragging noise at random times above our cabin waking me up or preventing me sleeping on Sojourn (739) just below the Patio Bar area. Noise up until 11pm at night and from 5am in the morning. Checked on what’s happening this morning and staff are just dragging rather than picking up chairs and tables. Have reported to Seabourn Square so let’s see what happens. On the upside, rest of the cruise excellent. 

Unfortunately, even if the staff is very careful, you've got guests as well, who might not be aware of those just below. Hope all are considerate! Some nice soft feet on chairs and tables certainly would help.

Have to say, I am impressed with Guest Services. They had a word with the Patio staff and after a couple of nights there was no early morning noise. Guest Services was good to follow up regularly too. The evening parties on deck above were also very noisy in the cabin, lots of kick drum, bass and dancing shoes, but we kind of expected that.

All in all, if you like early nights and sleeping beyond 5.30am, avoid cabins below the pool deck. Guess I made a schoolboy error in choosing one, but it would be helpful if Seabourn warned of possible noise in these cabins (Hapag-Lloyd specifically identify cabins that may have noise issues). It would be interesting to hear if the top-of-the-range Wintergarden Suites (also below Pool Deck on deck 7) have ever had complaints. That said, the rest of the cruise more than made up for the issue and I can’t get too upset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ovener said:

Have to say, I am impressed with Guest Services. They had a word with the Patio staff and after a couple of nights there was no early morning noise. Guest Services was good to follow up regularly too. The evening parties on deck above were also very noisy in the cabin, lots of kick drum, bass and dancing shoes, but we kind of expected that.

All in all, if you like early nights and sleeping beyond 5.30am, avoid cabins below the pool deck. Guess I made a schoolboy error in choosing one, but it would be helpful if Seabourn warned of possible noise in these cabins (Hapag-Lloyd specifically identify cabins that may have noise issues). It would be interesting to hear if the top-of-the-range Wintergarden Suites (also below Pool Deck on deck 7) have ever had complaints. That said, the rest of the cruise more than made up for the issue and I can’t get too upset. 

We certainly experienced noise in the Wintergarden Suite. For some reason it was worse on Sojourn than on the other O class ships. Perhaps crew and guests were more heavy footed on that ship 😀. We spoke to guest services and our experience was like yours, a definite improvement. The outdoor evening events were noisy though. 

All of that said, we have a regular contributor here at CC who reports no noise issues in the WG. 

• Like 1