Nine days to Vision OTS

We are going on vision in august to Hondoras and Cozumel... what are these reviews you recently speak of?

There have been a few that reported some sadly bad service on the ship. There was a crew rotation just before the ship re positioned to Ft Lauderdale. That might account for some of it, but not all. The cruises since repo have also all been four and five night trips as well.

Thus this thread to put together a bit of a list of things we can check on the 10 nighter starting next Monday. The good news is that we are getting a number of contributions to the thread that are finding answers for folks faster than I'd hoped.

If anyone has anything else they want me or anyone else on the June 9th Vision sailing to look for or ask about, please add it by tomorrow evening.

I'll get everything stuck into a notepad file on my laptop and do my best to cover the questions in the review. Might even get more than one viewpoint with a couple of other folks on the cruise doing reviews as well.

Are there soap dispensers in the showers? Some say yes, others say no. Thank you!

When I was last on board, they did indeed have the dispensers and soap bars as Bob said. However, I fall into that category of "What is that stuff?" when it comes to the dispensers and take my own shampoo.

Are there soap dispensers in the showers? Some say yes, others say no. Thank you!

We booked an inside K category across from our aft JS. Dispensers have been removed on Vision. We had the same cabin steward for both cabins. The main reason we booked an inside and not a second JS was to get a shower. No amenities are offered in standard cabins on Vision according to this cabin steward. I was surprised by this and was glad I had 'taken' quite a few shampoos and soaps from hotels and could 'stock' the shower.

It will be interesting to see if this is still the case.

Recently off the May 31 sailing. Bar soap was provided. There was no shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower nor was any provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are home from the cruise. Bah, I hate debark day. Other than that, this trip was overall very good and nothing that was a problem enough to be a ruination of the cruise.

Later today, I will get the full review started and I am quite certain I'll have help from fellow CC folks to keep me on target and in line.

For now however, I have to go see a chiropractor. Apparently I did something to me neck and it's been causing some real problems.

Until later!

Well we are home from the cruise. Bah, I hate debark day. Other than that, this trip was overall very good and nothing that was a problem enough to be a ruination of the cruise.

Later today, I will get the full review started and I am quite certain I'll have help from fellow CC folks to keep me on target and in line.

For now however, I have to go see a chiropractor. Apparently I did something to me neck and it's been causing some real problems.

Until later!

Just off the VOS June 19. Had a good time. Thought there's room for improvement in the food. Service was outstanding in the Windjammer, slow (35 min. wait for 1st plate) in the dining room.

Cruise director and Captain are tops in their fields. Their excellence is hard to beat. The Ship is beautiful.

I'm also off to see the chiropractor at 3pm. Think it was the step down from the cabin bathroom and or the elevator closings that necessitated a slow descent down two flights of stairs to leave the Viking Crown Lounge.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

I thought this was the worst cruise i have ever taken (this was number 32). Food was fair to awful. Service was subpar especially in the main dining room. Entertainment, with the exception of the unexpected boys which was great, was amateur hour. I too plan to write a review in the next couple of days. I could never recommend this cruise to anyone.

I thought this was the worst cruise i have ever taken (this was number 32). Food was fair to awful. Service was subpar especially in the main dining room. Entertainment, with the exception of the unexpected boys which was great, was amateur hour. I too plan to write a review in the next couple of days. I could never recommend this cruise to anyone.

Hmm I wonder if that was you I heard at the second C&A meeting that said "Not this time" (or something similar) when Capt Lis was hoping we were all enjoying ourselves.

Neck and back sounded like a rice crispy treat for a bit. We'll see how it works out.

The four of us really enjoyed this cruise (except for Chops with their new menu).

Magician Scott Alexander was incredible. He was a good magician and also very funny.

Dining room was good, not everything but enough. We did visit the buffet a couple of times at night for more variety. There were some outstanding desserts...a lemon marange tart, dark chocolate something, dark chocolate soufflé and more. Loved the escargot, wonderful rolls including a cheezy rolls, sour dough. Rolls at dinner were always served warm.

The Café (the one with specialty coffees) had good cookes & pastries.

We enjoyed the production shows. The dancing was probably better than the singing, but still entertaining. The Unexpected Boys were great.

I wrote our view of the new Chops menu in the thread about Chops.

Thanks for your comment on the food.

The Giovanni food was primarily over-cooked reheated, over microwaved (pasta), or from a jar. Canned soup came warm with a thick film on top. DH found his entre inedible. The waiter made no effort to replace rejected foods.

One visit to the main dining room was enough for us after a 35 minute wait for the first plate. We heard the same from other passengers.

DH enjoyed the lectures. CD Steve kept me entertained in the Centrum.

Early arrival in Charleston not good for the shopkeepers who were negative toward the invasion from the ship.

Lack of tram service to the ferry or into town in Bermuda was hard on me.

Lack of tram or dedicated shuttle into Nassau caused a horrific experience on the local broken down shuttle servicing three ships on an off/on rainy day.

We will never go into Nassau again from that pier.

The cutbacks are evident and expected amenities required a special request, such as ice, toiletries, extra tpaper, tissue, etc.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

Also just off the 10 day Vision ~ Pink Sand and Palm trees.

For us it was a good cruise. Smaller ship for me as I usually sail Oasis or Freedom class was not a problem. Thought the ship looked wonderful.

Food mostly was good in the dining room. Last evenings dinner not so much so. Always had escargot as an option, had salmon one night off the alternative menu was moist and good.

Agree first time the rolls especially the cheese rolls being served warm, fresh and delicious. Dined in Windjammer one evening and was quite happy with the Asian food I selected and apple cobbler with ice cream.

The highlight was for me the meals in the specialty dining venues of Chops and Giovanni's especially Giovanni's and I personally felt it was the best of all the times I have dined on different ships at that venue.

I found staff to be friendly and kudos to Captain Lis who was present at our bridge tour and very engaging with those of us that were there. She made sure she spoke to us each. Many new crew on the ship.

Yes cutback on some amenities with no soap dispenser in the bathrooms or any toiletries like shampoo, lotion or hair conditioner. I asked and received shampoo and conditioner but it was never left again after that one time. I must say the robes provided were the best ever plush and they looked brand new.

Saw the Unexpected Boys for the 4th time and once again they did a great job. Highlight for me a huge Les Miserables fan was the last song they did from Les Mis as he said they had all met on that show on Broadway. The cast of Unexpected Boys change from time to time so these 'boys' were mostly new to me.

I would recommend Vision. I wish the stop in Bermuda had been a bit longer.

Any specific questions I will try and answer.

Emmy, thanks for your comments and info. We will be doing this same itinerary in August. We have never dined in the speciality restaurants because our kids were too young but would like to this time. However, I don't want to miss any formal night and I want to see every show so I am unsure which nights to book!

Could you possibly help with what nights were formal and which shows were which nights? I would be so grateful.