Upgrading or price drop questions?

We recently booked "Explorer" for late August to Bermuda in a Promenade room. How does upgrading or price drops work? Do i have to keep up on price drops and then tell them I want mine dropped? Can I also tell them instead of dropping the price if it matches a better room just upgrade me? I'm just not familiar with how this all works. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='JAMESCC']We recently booked "Explorer" for late August to Bermuda in a Promenade room. How does upgrading or price drops work? Do i have to keep up on price drops and then tell them I want mine dropped? Can I also tell them instead of dropping the price if it matches a better room just upgrade me? I'm just not familiar with how this all works. Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Yes, you must request a price drop, it's not automatic. You can also upgrade if you like, it's up to you. There are some restrictions, such as prices that might be restricted to new bookings. Just call Royal (or your travel agent if you used one) and they will let you know if you are eligible for a price drop or upgrade. Edited by clarea

[quote name='JAMESCC']We recently booked "Explorer" for late August to Bermuda in a Promenade room. How does upgrading or price drops work? Do i have to keep up on price drops and then tell them I want mine dropped? Can I also tell them instead of dropping the price if it matches a better room just upgrade me? I'm just not familiar with how this all works. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

If you call them they will reduce your price as long as final payment was not required yet. If final payment was required, the best you could due is upgrade your cabin for a increase in price. Example, yesterday I went from an inside cabin to a balcony for an increase of 157.00 per person. The price of the balcony came down substantially.

I'm still waiting on a July Ex cruise. I had something booked but I cancelled it and decided to gamble for something last minute.

I might just book an inside and hope to upgrade if balconies come down. Cabins are getting scarce. I have never waited this long to book. Exciting.

[quote name='marci22']I'm still waiting on a July Ex cruise. I had something booked but I cancelled it and decided to gamble for something last minute.

I might just book an inside and hope to upgrade if balconies come down. Cabins are getting scarce. I have never waited this long to book. Exciting.[/quote]

Good luck!!!!