Celebrity Sostice Concierge vs. Elite question

hubsteravakian

A person can have elite perks on board without becoming elite for future cruises.

Non-elite passengers sharing a cabin with an elite can be given elite perks for the duration of the voyage.

There is a lot more flexibility in the system than card-carrying elites (etc) realize.

My very first cruise ever last year, on celebrity even, (although in a suite) did give me all the Elite perks, the printed plastic VIP card for elite breakfast and 2 sheets of elite coupons.

Yes, LOTS of flexibility many wouldn't know about unless asking. Be surprised what one gets when asking, or saying something like "I sail another line often, want to try Celebrity, but don't want to sail without the perks i've become accustomed to".

Honestly, elitet perks are as simple as giving out a sheet of coupons, hardly anyone really checks sea pass cards when going to elite cocktail events (none did on my Bermuda sailing this week, and many non elites in my group attended events on Eclispe TA without knowing.

I sat myself in Normandie for breakfast, didn't order anything off menu, and no one wanted my sea pass card (had coffee and bloody mary) and just got up and left table when I was done eating and enjoying my bloody...

They asked wow didn't know this lounge served appetizers in the afternoon....and grabbed drinks off server platters as they passed by. Custom drinks were charged to their sea pass account though!

I think it is better PR to bump them to a suite! Makes more sense to me (esp since I finally made elite;))!!

Me too. Bumping someone to elite for one cruise may or may not give them incentive to keep cruising...."gee honey, we'd have to cruise x number of times to actually reach elite and get these perks again... it will take forever so let's go with our friends on Carnival next year." On the other hand, you give them a suite and they think "gee, this is what we've been missing all these cruises? Let's book suites from now on." With suites, the pax can get the same benefits on their very next cruise; with elite, they'll have to wait til they earn it.

By the way, still waiting for the OP to come back and confirm whether their cabin number is a concierge or aqua class cabin. ???

I get that this has apparently happened before, but my money says they either misunderstood the TA, or the TA used the wrong verbiage in telling them about the "upgrade."

On one Royal C cruise our cabin was next to a suite...got friendly over balcony chatter with the lady travelling alone in it....she invited us to visit her.

..Although it was her first time on Royal she was being courted b/c of her cruise history on another line...not only did she have her suite but many other perks,,,not sure if she booked with them but she did appreciate the lavish attention,

Good marketing!

On a Summit cruise to Bermuda the Cap Club hostess doted on all the Diamonds while noticeably ignoring Elites....guess they knew we were already loyal to X and were reaching out for more pax....they got all the invites to Cap Tbl, special events and focus groups....a bit off putting but marketing as well..

Having an occasional couple new to Celebrity visit with experienced Captains Club members at breakfast and cocktail time makes sense to me. Some travel agents have many customers on Celebrity and have developed contacts there.

Also the future cruise person can book them for another cruise right onboard, then pass the reservation back to their TA, so everybody is happy.

Bt the way, I am not a travel agent, nor do I use one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

what a rude welcome here from the "elite" of Celebrity! A courtesy extended to a possible new frequent cruiser should mean nothing to those who have already established themselves.

Hotels do this all the time as do airlines, or at least airlines used to do so. To snag a Viking regular is something Celebrity might like to do, as well as Seaborn (like that would happen'

Regardless of what the OP is getting or not getting - I'm just amazed at some of you. You really are that possessive of your Elite perks? OMG - too sad. Perks are freebies - that the cruise line has decided to give you, they can also chose to give them to anyone else of their choosing. How many of you would have turned down that opportunity had it been offered to you? That is correct - NONE. I will not be Elite till after my next cruise - but I'm not sure that I'm going to enjoy some of your company if you are this petty and childish. Some free drinks, laundry and intranet minutes - wow - just wow. Nice welcome for OP to a great cruise line. :cool:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this being used as a marketing tool - on our last Princess cruise, we had a small issue with our status and went to see the rep who sorted everything out and as a small thank you, bumped us up to the next tier for the current cruise we were on.

As an X Elite trying to slowly move toward the next tier (why? the extra benefits there aren't exactly showstopping but there I go) I couldn't care less what marketing does, good luck to them. It doesn't affect me and what I've earned - if it helps get bums in cabins and keeps the line in profit, good luck to them.

Regardless of what the OP is getting or not getting - I'm just amazed at some of you. You really are that possessive of your Elite perks? OMG - too sad. Perks are freebies - that the cruise line has decided to give you, they can also chose to give them to anyone else of their choosing. How many of you would have turned down that opportunity had it been offered to you? That is correct - NONE. I will not be Elite till after my next cruise - but I'm not sure that I'm going to enjoy some of your company if you are this petty and childish. Some free drinks, laundry and intranet minutes - wow - just wow. Nice welcome for OP to a great cruise line. :cool:

I think you are misinterpreting what was said. The op stated something which under normal circumstances is not consistent. As others have said a cabin upgrade from Concierge does not normally mean to Elite which is not a cabin category. We were trying to help the OP to understand exactly what he/she got, not judging anyone.

I think you are misinterpreting what was said. The op stated something which under normal circumstances is not consistent. As others have said a cabin upgrade from Concierge does not normally mean to Elite which is not a cabin category. We were trying to help the OP to understand exactly what he/she got, not judging anyone.

I understand and I am not speaking to you but those who were really upset that Elite perks would be given to someone - which I believe does happen as a marketing ploy. I'm not exactly sure what the OP is going to be getting but some people out there are WAY over reacting.

It took us 15 years to reach Elite on Celebrity. Once we did, we accumulated enough points that we're getting close to Elite Plus.

While we have never been upgraded to a special Captain's Club status on Celebrity, it has happened to us on Princess. We were upgraded to Platinum and while that did not mean free drinks, it gave us a big bunch of free internet minutes as well as access to the evening reception. I told DH that our next cruise had to be on Princess so we could reach Platinum status on our own. I was a real incentive to book Princess again.

People have different opinions. Not sure anyone here is being petty or childish. Many here just don't believe EVERYTHING that people claim on a message board to be true and factual, sure it's possible. Especially someone like the OP who just signed up his or her account yesterday.;);) Wink wink. Not a lot of credibility when your first post is to make a claim that is this unusual. :cool:

Edited by Shake