points and balcony views

QuattroRomeo

We are considering a Baltic cruise next year on the Silhouette. Has been a long time since we sailed Celebrity, so have been trying to get up to speed. A couple of questions:

I've searched the X website, which is not very user-friendly in my opinion..anyway..I cannot find reference to whether there are any Captains Club points benefits if you book early ( for example, 9 months out+)?

Also, searched the forums about balcony staterooms and many of you recommend the hump rooms, which of course are in limited number. If you book a room in the recessed profiles of the ship, is your view blocked at all by the ones in the wider profile? Can you see the gangway for example? I've checked cruise deck plans but didn't find comments about that.

Thanks for any help!

Unless there's some sort of special offer going on, there's no benefit to Captain's Club members for booking early.

As to whether or not you can see the gangway, it depends on what side of the ship you're on and what side the gangway is on.

I've never had a cabin not on the hump on an S class ship, so I can't speak as to whether or not the hump obstructs the view from other balconies. Obviously one wouldn't be able to see straight ahead or straight behind, as the case might be, but I wouldn't think it would otherwise be much of a problem.

We are considering a Baltic cruise next year on the Silhouette. Has been a long time since we sailed Celebrity, so have been trying to get up to speed. A couple of questions:

I've searched the X website, which is not very user-friendly in my opinion..anyway..I cannot find reference to whether there are any Captains Club points benefits if you book early ( for example, 9 months out+)?

Also, searched the forums about balcony staterooms and many of you recommend the hump rooms, which of course are in limited number. If you book a room in the recessed profiles of the ship, is your view blocked at all by the ones in the wider profile? Can you see the gangway for example? I've checked cruise deck plans but didn't find comments about that.

Thanks for any help!

No extra points for booking early.

Since the hump sticks out you cannot entirely see around them and don't have an unconstructed view from front to back. You might check the Sticky at the top of the page to see descriptions of particular cabins from those who have been in them. The biggest advantage of the hump cabins is the larger balconies. The gangway is on the starboard side. More importantly, smoking is on the port side on deck 5. There are also some cabins on both sides that have obstructed views. Some caused by the positions of the lifeboats, some by the cleaning equipment. Once again check the Sticky for specific information about any cabin you might book.

Isn't there a special offer going on now with extra points for booking 9 months out?

There was a special offer for 25 bonus points if you booked an AQ or higher cabin for a cruise after Feb. 1st. This offer expired.

Have a look here:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/14038839_CEL_123Go_June_Offer.pdf

this offer has 25 - 50 bonus points -- in the fine print at the bottom

Thank you. You are correct and I'm pleased to have been corrected.

Be aware that this offer only applies to Captain's Club members and you must pay a "non discounted" fare. For some it might be an expensive way to get points, but could work out well for many.

Edited by Orator