Lobster on your balcony?

b_cruise

Depends on the Maître 'D whether or not you'll be able to take food out of the MDR.

I've only asked for the cheese plate to go. Same ship, two weeks apart, different Maître 'D, different answer.

I never ask IF I can take dessert to go. I just take it.

“It’s better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.”

This is how noro starts.

Eat in the MDR.

Or order room service.

Don't play self waiter, touching walls, elevator buttons, stair rails, etc....

I'm on the cruise too.

Do you thinkyour room is really that clean.

Edited by fireofficer5

I would like to have a nice dinner on balcony.?

here is what your balcony will look like:

http://0.tqn.com/d/cruises/1/0/1/L/6/Carnival-Breeze-0662.JPG

there is the small table-- do you really think you can have a nice dinner in that area?

there is some areas up on the decks that have chairs and tables located by windows.

This is how noro starts.

Eat in the MDR.

Or order room service.

Don't play self waiter, touching walls, elevator buttons, stair rails, etc....

I'm on the cruise too.

Do you thinkyour room is really that clean.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. What does taking a plate of dessert from the dining room have to do with Noro, touching walls, elevator buttons, and stair rails?

You do know that there is food available in other non-main dining room venues, right? The Taste Bar on Promenade is one example.

And then you say to order room service but ask if the room is really that clean...I'm confused. :confused:

Theres nothing cleaner on the ship than the areas where you eat. MDR, buffet.

Bring food by yourself to your room or the pool area, your touching things other than a glass, napkin or utinsels.

Lots of invisible bugs waiting to jump aboard.

Edited by fireofficer5

Theres nothing cleaner on the ship than the areas where you eat. MDR, buffet.

Bring food by yourself to your room or the pool area, your touching things other than a glass, napkin or utinsels.

Lots of invisible bugs waiting to jump aboard.

Still not getting it.

There are food venues outside by the pools. Popcorn is served on ships that have the big movie screen, also by the pool. Snacks are served at the Past Guest parties that take place in the main show lounge.

We've brought our food everywhere on the ship so we could enjoy eating while watching show, laughing at a comedian, to enjoy on our balcony. In 16 cruises, we've never gotten sick.

here is what your balcony will look like:

http://0.tqn.com/d/cruises/1/0/1/L/6/Carnival-Breeze-0662.JPG

there is the small table-- do you really think you can have a nice dinner in that area?

there is some areas up on the decks that have chairs and tables located by windows.

I know, eating lobster on my balcony is probably the worst place I can imagine. Who wants to eat in your cabin. Like going to a hotel and ordering room service.

Ok, let me put it this way.

Do you eat in a bathroom? (any bathroom)

No, because its not an eating area.

Sorry for the thread hijack, continue with the lobster dinner on the balcony conservation.

Edited by fireofficer5

A small piece of tail meat already pulled out of the tail does not really constitute a 'lobster'. Pretty much 3 bites and you are done. It would not be worth the time to even run back to your cabin with it or have it served there. Now plop a whole lobster on my plate with all the trimmings and give me a lobster bib and a dinner on the balcony would be amazing! :D:p

Actually a proper lobster feed on their own private beach would be the way to go!!! ;)

Okay fellow cruisers, let's take a breath...lol!!

I have never had a balcony, had some romantic notion of a nice dinner and wine on the balcony.:confused::confused:

Sorry, did not realize it was that small. Also, did not even think of noro..I'm bad!!

But don't people eat in their room all the time? Personally, I have never even ordered room service. Probably won't now as I'm scared of viruses!!

On one carnival cruise kids were eating their burgers in the freaking pool..I almost gagged!

I guess it really does depend on the ship/staff. A woman in front of me in line at the Lido buffet mentioned that she was able to call the MDR and order food and they delivered it to her room the night before. Someone asked how she knew what they were serving that night and she said she just asked what was on the menu and they read it to her. I personally wouldn't be interested in doing that but apparently it happens sometimes.

I have done the ultimate balcony dinner on princess and it was awesome

If you ever go on princess it is so worth it .

Kathy

Hi Kathy :)

My wife & I have done the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience on Princess

as well, and it was outstanding! They made our teenie tiny balcony look and

feel wonderful, warm & cozy.

We were given two private waiters, fresh flowers, champagne, a four-course

meal, including lobster & steak. A photographer came to our balcony to snap

a few photo's and a complementary photo was delivered to our cabin later in

the evening.

We paid $50 per person for the experience, worth every penny! Everything

was extremely intimate, romantic and scrumptious!

ultimatedining_zps03bb9a92.jpg

balconyprincess_zpsd68bbeaf.jpg

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I guess it really does depend on the ship/staff. A woman in front of me in line at the Lido buffet mentioned that she was able to call the MDR and order food and they delivered it to her room the night before. .

if someone is sick in the cabin or the person is quarantined this is what will happen.