FLL - Hotel and Taxi questions

Pickles61

Hi

I have been reading thru the posts but would like to confirm the following

I will be arriving around 9:00pm at FLL and need a hotel for the night – August 16, we are 4 people staying in 1 room. We don’t need anything fancy since we are only there overnight

I was thinking of staying at the Hyatt place for $99.00, do they charge extra for more people? Any suggestions of another hotel for 4 with breakfast if possible?

Looks like the Hyatt provides transport from the airport to the hotel so we are set for that

Next morning, have breakfast, leave around 11:00 for pier. They Hyatt charges $7.00pp for the shuttle, I think I’m better off with a taxi.

Will the hotel call a taxi for me or should I call and if so does anyone have a # for a taxi company?

Any approx. price for the taxi?

Leaving from the pier to FLL airport when we return are there taxi’s there or should I make reservations and have one available, and if so any suggestions on who to call.

Thanks

Hi

I will be arriving around 9:00pm at FLL and need a hotel for the night – August 16, we are 4 people staying in 1 room. We don’t need anything fancy since we are only there overnight

I was thinking of staying at the Hyatt place for $99.00, do they charge extra for more people? Any suggestions of another hotel for 4 with breakfast if possible?

Looks like the Hyatt provides transport from the airport to the hotel so we are set for that

Next morning, have breakfast, leave around 11:00 for pier. They Hyatt charges $7.00pp for the shuttle, I think I’m better off with a taxi.

Will the hotel call a taxi for me or should I call and if so does anyone have a # for a taxi company?

Leaving from the pier to FLL airport when we return are there taxi’s there or should I make reservations and have one available, and if so any suggestions on who to call.

Thanks

The hotel might charge extra for the room for 4 people- check with them to be sure.

The taxi shouldn't be much - the Hyatt is close to the pier, so maybe $10 -$15. When the hotel calls a cab for you, you might want to specify a mini van or a SUV cab as you will need it for the luggage.

From the pier to FLL is also a short ride. Depending on traffic, maybe $12 to $18. Don't fall for the "it's a flat rate to the airport" - it's not. Your cabbie should have his meter on. Also, there will be lots of taxis waiting at the cruiseport on your return. No need to prearrange one.

Hi

Thanks

Did you check with Hyatt Place about the free airport shuttle? I do not see it posted on the website.

We take a taxi to the pier - same cost, even after tip, as the shuttle for 2 people, so 4 would be alot cheaper. Hyatt called the taxi for me.

$99 is a good price for the Hyatt Place, but as others have said, check out the issue of 4 people with the hotel to be safe.

Nice thing about the hotel's location - one block from a nice shopping center with Publix (supermarket) and Total Wine (GREAT place). Plus plenty of places to eat nearby.

DaveOKC

The Hyatt Place north has a great location with shopping and restaurants a close walk away. Take their free shuttle service to the hotel from FTL. In the morniing there will be cabs waiting outside. But you might want an SUV cab ( same price) . Not a per person rate like shuttles. And if you don't see any around, have the desk or another cabbie call for one.

Edited by eandj

Thanks everyone for the info. Hyatt Place has a free shuttle from 7am-11pm from FLL airport. On ValueTrips it shows the price for $99 but doesn't say if it is addtional for more people. I've booked hotels rooms that never asked how many people and never had a problem when we were 3 or 4. of the 4 of us, 1 is 14, the other 2 are 20. guess I'll check with Valuetrip and see what they say

When you are off the ship there will be a line of taxis waiting outside after you get your luggage. There is really no need to call one ahead of time. For 4 of you plus your luggage you may need a van taxi.

Also check out Sleep Inn, Dania.

We have been very satisfied with that hotel.

Includes airport shuttle, breakfast, pool, a few eating places across the road, Publix and Walgreens next door. Shuttle to port for $5 pp.

Other than Hyatt Pl north (convention center), hotels picking up from the airport will be nearer the airport. (Dania area)

It is only a 15$ or so cab ride into town and would certainly prefer staying in the city rather at the airport locations. Especially if you have a lot of day to spend in Fort L. However it will cost more in town...depending on season of course.

Edited by eandj