Group Reservation Discount?

We are planning to book Oasis for July 2015.

I am expecting that we are going to book from 8 to 10 staterooms. There are any discount, offers, perks, etc, that RCCL offered to group booking?

This discount is combinable with BOGOHO and/or WOW Sale?

We are planning to book Oasis for July 2015.

I am expecting that we are going to book from 8 to 10 staterooms. There are any discount, offers, perks, etc, that RCCL offered to group booking?

This discount is combinable with BOGOHO and/or WOW Sale?

Once you have 8 staterooms, there is a credit you get for booking a group. Additionally, the particular cruise may have GAP points that can offer other perks, such as onboard credit.

I believe the BOGOHO can be used with a group, but not the WOW.

You would have to contact Royal's group dept. or a travel agent for details on perks.

All of the July 2015 Oasis sailings are currently showing 4 gap points, which equates to $50 obc per cabin.

You will get a credit of 1 fare for every 16 berths booked. The value of that fare depends on the categories booked. It will be based on the whatever category is most booked in the group.

Edited by MagicMike

All of the July 2015 Oasis sailings are currently showing 4 gap points, which equates to $50 obc per cabin.

You will get a credit of 1 fare for every 16 berths booked. The value of that fare depends on the categories booked. It will be based on the whatever category is most booked in the group.

Thanks for the info. I'm curious about the amount of the TC credit. Is it the cruise fare minus taxes, fees, and NCF?

"You will get a credit of 1 fare for every 16 berths booked."

So is that a solo cruise fare or do you have to have double occupancy, effectively pushing your 16 berths to 17?

My understanding is 16 berths gives you one credit.

That is correct - the credit is one passenger rate for each 8 double occupancy staterooms booked - 16 total / one credit.

And I also believe it is base stateroom rate only less taxes. port fees, etc.

I understand that. What I am saying is if I get 8 other couples to book the cruise and I get a free fare, do I get a cabin to myself or do I get a fare based on double occupancy which means I have to get another person to share the room.

I understand that. What I am saying is if I get 8 other couples to book the cruise and I get a free fare, do I get a cabin to myself or do I get a fare based on double occupancy which means I have to get another person to share the room.

There would have to be 16 people total in 8 rooms, you being one of the 16. So you and one other in your stateroom plus 7 other couples each in their own stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You will get a credit based on the cost of one person's fare in a double occupancy stateroom. If you are in a stateroom by yourself, you would have to make up the amount of the single supplement.

Note that they base the credit on the majority of the staterooms booked. So if your group of 8 has 5 JS staterooms booked, the credit of one JS fare might be enough to cover you if you were in an inside stateroom.

Edited by clarea

Is it possible to find out the GAP points for Allure 18 January 2015?

Would it be correct to say the present credit will be paid for passenger 2 in this current promotion?

You have to Block your Group space first .

There comes a time on popular sailings that new groups become unavailable.

A good TA who does a lot of groups will take all the work out of filling up your group , collecting payments and answering questions . Best of all , costs to nothing and you still get to decide what to do with the TC $ and Amenity points.

Is it possible to find out the GAP points for Allure 18 January 2015?

Would it be correct to say the present credit will be paid for passenger 2 in this current promotion?

As of right now there are 4 GAP points for the Jan 18, 2015 Allure sailing. As MCC retired has already said, there comes a time that no new groups can be created so you should get your group space blocked asap.

As of right now there are 4 GAP points for the Jan 18, 2015 Allure sailing. As MCC retired has already said, there comes a time that no new groups can be created so you should get your group space blocked asap.

Thank you HeidiHo and MCC

As in no new groups does that mean that the 16th person going for free is not applicable or just no GAP points?

Edited by springaussie

Keep in mind that sometimes the group fares, even with the onboard credit and 16th fare free can work out to be more expensive than taking advantage of a wow sale or similar offer. We recently looked at doing a group booking but the wow sale offered a more significant overall savings so we booked that way instead of booking as a group.

Thank you HeidiHo and MCC

As in no new groups does that mean that the 16th person going for free is not applicable or just no GAP points?

It means at some point Royal does not allow a new group to be created on that specific cruise.

A good TA who does a lot of groups will take all the work out of filling up your group , collecting payments and answering questions . Best of all , costs to nothing and you still get to decide what to do with the TC $ and Amenity points.

Yep, I agree.

A good TA will work wonders for you.

Ours managed to get everyone OBCs, we had window tables in the MDR, and everything was taken care of professionally.