A short survey "Which would you choose?"

BBMacLaird

Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!

• A. Double Stateroom Upgrade
    • B. Onboard Spending Credit
    • C. Free Shore Excursions
    • D. 50% Off 2nd Guest's Cruise Fare

Bonnie,

A couple of observations that I don't think have been made:

First, every cruise line has smart bean counters that can tell you to a nickel what a promotion costs. That said, I would suggest several promotion options- all with relatively the same cost. Then I would.....

Second, recognize that there are different strokes for different folks. Every potential passenger makes their own decision as to what really attracts them in terms of promotions.

Given the above, I would have a program featuring several different options and let the passenger choose what they want. Maybe you call it "Azamazing Choices"

Good morning Kiawahdon, in an ideal world that would be ideal.

But operationally (meaning Shoreside) it would be a tremendous challenge to offer a multitude of promotions at the same time.

For every unique promotional program there is much that goes on behind-the-scenes, e.g., programming the reservation system, running pricing and sales projections, designing and writing copy for the website and social media artwork/graphics, not to mention training the Customer Service staff, as well as the TA distribution network to be fluent in all the various offers and being able to compare the pros & cons of each for each customer.

Then overlaying all of this for each market place.

All of these tasks are dependent on humans. Humans in various countries and various time zones. Some places are short-staffed, and at least one of our teams is in the early stages of training (Guatemala.)

This is a long-winded way of saying in my opinion it is best if we stick to one promotional offer at a time.

Good morning Kiawahdon, in an ideal world that would be ideal.

But operationally (meaning Shoreside) it would be a tremendous challenge to offer a multitude of promotions at the same time.

For every unique promotional program there is much that goes on behind-the-scenes, e.g., programming the reservation system, running pricing and sales projections, designing and writing copy for the website and social media artwork/graphics, not to mention training the Customer Service staff, as well as the TA distribution network to be fluent in all the various offers and being able to compare the pros & cons of each for each customer.

Then overlaying all of this for each market place.

All of these tasks are dependent on humans. Humans in various countries and various time zones. Some places are short-staffed, and at least one of our teams is in the early stages of training (Guatemala.)

This is a long-winded way of saying in my opinion it is best if we stick to one promotional offer at a time.

Addendum to my post of a few minutes ago...

When I began in this new role (CBO) I believe the marketing department was wrapping up a promotion entitled "Choices Choices Choices" (or am I mis-remembering?) I will inquire to see how effective it was in driving new sales...

Bonnie, I still think Azamara should do something unique and designed to keep all those 40-50 year olds that have been cultivated as future Azamara loyal customers, as Robertlovescruising suggested.

Also- making it a cruise certificate credit would reduce the need for changes to anything.

Remove the business dread of giving actual money or further reductions and associated structure planning, training, programming.

It could, of course, be used as a massive marketing push to get those much needed 'younger' clients onto Azamara, for life.

There are only two unique ships, surely the promotions should also be unique??? As are the people who sail with Azamara.

Yvonne:)

Some of the operators in UK have already been offering 50% off 2nd passenger for Azamara cruises, (think of cold houses). I checked today and its a "free" flights deal at the moment. I can't say if it was a good deal as I'm a solo, so I didn't check it out.

Love your idea Phil of rewarding loyal customers :)

I book my Azamara cruises with the agent mentioned. I also travel as a solo passenger.

If you go into the 'Singles deals' section of the website, you can obtain Azamara solo prices right through to 2016. I must add that some are ridiculously expensive at the moment. I'm waiting for some more of the 25% solo supplement deals.

Bonnie, I still think Azamara should do something unique and designed to keep all those 40-50 year olds that have been cultivated as future Azamara loyal customers, as Robertlovescruising suggested.

Also- making it a cruise certificate credit would reduce the need for changes to anything.

Remove the business dread of giving actual money or further reductions and associated structure planning, training, programming.

It could, of course, be used as a massive marketing push to get those much needed 'younger' clients onto Azamara, for life.

There are only two unique ships, surely the promotions should also be unique??? As are the people who sail with Azamara.

Yvonne, just so I understand ... are you recommending one 'new & revolving' promotion to attract the 40-50 year old market (first-timers to ACC) and one standard flat rate discount for our ACC repeat loyalists?

I book my Azamara cruises with the agent mentioned. I also travel as a solo passenger.

If you go into the 'Singles deals' section of the website, you can obtain Azamara solo prices right through to 2016. I must add that some are ridiculously expensive at the moment. I'm waiting for some more of the 25% solo supplement deals.

Hello tigernut, I am not looking at the UK website, but on our US website the list only includes those sailings with 125% tariff, and the list is still very limited beyond 2014. There are only 4 sailings in 2015 listed. It will not be until much closer in when additional sailings are added.

(I'm only posting this because I know many of you solo-sailors are waiting and I don't want you to have false hope or worry you've missed the new additions.)

Yvonne, just so I understand ... are you recommending one 'new & revolving' promotion to attract the 40-50 year old market (first-timers to ACC) and one standard flat rate discount for our ACC repeat loyalists?

I am suggesting that those that have been targeted and are now committed to Azamara all engage in a UNIQUE offer along the loyalty line. i have noticed that most of us europeans are in the 40 -60 bracket. I have only done 2 but have several friends who are in early 40's who have sailed on Azamara many times over the last 2 years.

This loyalty programme will be Unique and non transferable as are other loyalty promo's between the 3 brands. As Robertlovescruising suggested as refund or money off, that is good, but Azamara should be different, it is different, it is time it started showing it is different!

So use a loyalty statement, like cruise certificates in the value of money off the final price you paid for those who have sailed, to keep them. Also use the promise of a cruise certificate giving money off after your first cruise to bring younger ones in who love the way all the others are using their loyalty certificates.

Its just something different.... Answer yes sort of but I have a few 'elements' that would need tweaking :)

Edited by HudandPug

I am suggesting that those that have been targeted and are now committed to Azamara all engage in a UNIQUE offer along the loyalty line. i have noticed that most of us europeans are in the 40 -60 bracket. I have only done 2 but have several friends who are in early 40's who have sailed on Azamara many times over the last 2 years.

This loyalty programme will be Unique and non transferable as are other loyalty promo's between the 3 brands. As Robertlovescruising suggested as refund or money off, that is good, but Azamara should be different, it is different, it is time it started showing it is different!

So use a loyalty statement, like cruise certificates in the value of money off the final price you paid for those who have sailed, to keep them. Also use the promise of a cruise certificate giving money off after your first cruise to bring younger ones in who love the way all the others are using their loyalty certificates.

Its just something different.... Answer yes sort of but I have a few 'elements' that would need tweaking :)

Ok, got it now. I know the Marketing Department is monitoring this thread so your ideas are all going into the mix for consideration. Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Well being a really cheeky respondent I'd like a combo of offers together with another option not included. Bring back the double upgrade and free flights promotion and we'll be booking immediately. :D

I remember that promotion! It was the best one Azamara ever offered. Veranda for the price of an inside PLUS $1,000 off airfare ($500 off pp, double occupancy). In fact that's the very promo that we redeemed for our upcoming cruise on the Journey in September.

We Europeans are just starting to realise that;

We are not yet considered equal to the USA in terms of offers.

BUT

Azamara is NOT Celebrity or RCCL, if it was, why create Azamara, they could have done, like they are now doing, develop select areas on existing large ships.

BUT

That is not Azamara ;)

Azamara is a small ship with a unique approach to cruising. Azamara loves the little things.

It loves places and people, odd and different, interesting and just plain bonkers, it says you can be who you want to be, you can make friends from over 20 nationalities,

Or

Nothing if that is what you want, you can find that secret place and relax with a mosaic coffee, or something more buzzy. It is your choice!

Azamara loves people and it loves its loyal guests so much so that it proves it with a gift.

That is a gift of promise, a promise of loyalty for that future cruise,

with love, Azamara.

We Europeans are just starting to realise that;

We are not yet considered equal to the USA in terms of offers.

BUT

Azamara is NOT Celebrity or RCCL, if it was, why create Azamara, they could have done, like they are now doing, develop select areas on existing large ships.

BUT

That is not Azamara ;)

Azamara is a small ship with a unique approach to cruising. Azamara loves the little things.

It loves places and people, odd and different, interesting and just plain bonkers, it says you can be who you want to be, you can make friends from over 20 nationalities,

Or

Nothing if that is what you want, you can find that secret place and relax with a mosaic coffee, or something more buzzy. It is your choice!

Azamara loves people and it loves its loyal guests so much so that it proves it with a gift.

That is a gift of promise, a promise of loyalty for that future cruise,

with love, Azamara.

This is quite lovely, Yvonne. Thank you.

In fact, would you give me permission to share it on our Facebook page with your name attached?

Well being a really cheeky respondent I'd like a combo of offers together with another option not included. Bring back the double upgrade and free flights promotion and we'll be booking immediately. :D

You are a "cheeky respondent" :)...and I want to see you and Tina next year on the fall TA!!! :)....BTW...still sick!!!??? go figure??? LuAnn

I am not one now......but..changes in your life happen...DH and I have been so lucky to meet so many couples along the way of our travels... cruising...and most important on CC!!! And..some of these wonderful people no longer have their partner here on earth...but their wonderful spouses are!! And we want to travel with them!!! And it is so difficult...to want to "cruise" with these ladies/men...who have to pay so much "extra" that they can't cruise anymore!!!???? I really think there should be an answer for this? Please help!!! LuAnn

We now seem to be discussing - LOYALTY PROGRAMS

My views are very clear - keep the program SIMPLE

That is not because cruise passengers are dumb but because these days Azamara support staff are inexperienced

When looking to book our first Azamara cruise I called Azamara for the first and last time

Whether Australia is like the UK and seviced by Guatamarla I dont know

But when I asked about B2B cruise fares - the reply was this is handled by an other Department

But what is the discount - not sure

Are you able to transfer me to the other Department - NO

Now about Loyalty benefits - OPEN PASSAGE

After reading the post about this, we will never book this because of the confusion

Seabourn has FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS - absolutely no restrictions - $500 for 5% discount (SIMPLE)

You never see a promotion that is titled for FIRST TIME PASSENGERS ONLY

But when a promotion does not allow you to use Open PASSAGE - this is about the same as FIRST TIME PASSENGERS ONLY

Azamara rewards program is poor maybe the only real benefit is free internet time

So what does Azamara really do for loyal passengers - very little from the information available

Experienced passengers would be far better than me in regards to this issue

From the latest voting count - A and D are way out in front

Could Azamara offer similar promotions to on-board passengers

- Stateroom Upgrade at discount price certificates

- $500 deposit for 5% discount on future cruise

Cheers

Peter

A true upgrade would be nice. I booked during a double upgrade promo. At the time, it seemed like a good deal. After the promo ended, the insides and oceanview cabins prices were much less. It was not really a upgrade. I kept the booking. However, I do not think that the promo was real. I am in favor of honest basic prices without promos that have limited timeframes. Drop the prices and do not promise an assortment of promos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A true upgrade would be nice. I booked during a double upgrade promo. At the time, it seemed like a good deal. After the promo ended, the insides and oceanview cabins prices were much less. It was not really a upgrade. I kept the booking. However, I do not think that the promo was real. I am in favor of honest basic prices without promos that have limited timeframes. Drop the prices and do not promise an assortment of promos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the best suggestion yet.

I booked double upgrade for our next cruise while on our last. When I got home and checked the prices the cabin I booked before the upgrade was more expensive than the double upgraded cabin I got. Perhaps the prices changed after I booked and before I got home, but I do not think so.

I know I am responsible for checking prices before booking and I am still happy with the price I paid.

I am NOT happy with a promotion that is really a con artist's trick. I do expect better from companies I do business with.

The promotions are selling tools or tricks to get you to book. Whatever persuades you works. Once a person books a trip (cruise or land), they usually take the trip. They get in the vacation mindset. Of course, some trips get canceled for a variety of reasons.....illness, wrong dates, etc.

What really matters is the bottom line. Unless you have unlimited funds ( and few people do), then the cost needs to be honestly calculated. Tricks that persuade you to book create bookings for the cruise line. I was sucked in by them........upgrade, discount on excursions,etc. After this upcoming trip, I would view any promises by Azamara differently since the discount on excursions ended.

My preference remains no promotions that are withdrawn at any time without notice.

?type=1

This is quite lovely, Yvonne. Thank you.

In fact, would you give me permission to share it on our Facebook page with your name attached?

Hi Yvonne,

Your lovely words were turned into this an equally lovely Facebook post this morning on Azamara's FB page.

This post already has 74 likes and 5 shares!

Thank you again for the sentiment, and for your permission to share it on our FB page :)

?type=1

Hi Yvonne,

Your lovely words were turned into this an equally lovely Facebook post this morning on Azamara's FB page.

This post already has 74 likes and 5 shares!

Thank you again for the sentiment, and for your permission to share it on our FB page :)

ooh Mrs :eek:

Ok, got it now. I know the Marketing Department is monitoring this thread so your ideas are all going into the mix for consideration. Thanks and keep 'em coming!

If you are listening perhaps you'll address my concern. I sailed Azamara from Hong Kong to Singapore before it had liquor included. I don't drink so I never booked again because I feel I shouldn't be paying for alcohol. RCL has determined the value to be minimally at $50 per day since that's what they charge on their other brands. Why not credit the value of the package to us non drinkers? That is only reason I haven't booked Azamara again and I'd really like to sail with them again.

If you are listening perhaps you'll address my concern. I sailed Azamara from Hong Kong to Singapore before it had liquor included. I don't drink so I never booked again because I feel I shouldn't be paying for alcohol. RCL has determined the value to be minimally at $50 per day since that's what they charge on their other brands. Why not credit the value of the package to us non drinkers? That is only reason I haven't booked Azamara again and I'd really like to sail with them again.

I was rather hesitant to book lines that include the wine and liquor also as I do not drink alcohol and I don't drink fancy coffee (I bring my own preferred instant coffee :eek: ) and I don't want to pay for those who do drink. I really liked O because you get to experience their specialty restaurants for no extra fee. I don't need a butler and I'm not willing to pay for it. I also don't use rock walls or ice rinks or artist spots. I want good places to see, friendly people to experience it with and the feeling that the product that I paid for is good value.

I must admit that the 2 upgrade won me over OR was that the Komodo Dragons with only a small boatload of people rather than a large boatload of people? :rolleyes:

Completely in agreement. We booked when there was a single category upgrade from OV to Balcony. When the next promo came out for a two category upgrade from Interior to Balcony, I compared the numbers. The Interior was now the same price as the OV was for the promo that we booked with - for the identical bottom line price. The prices are being manipulated to provide the same revenue to AZ, no matter which promo you may have booked under. This is all Smoke and Mirrors.

I too would prefer more honest pricing.

Hello Cruzsnooze (cute name, btw) - while I am sympathetic to your concern I must say I can't imagine how the onboard staff would operationalize this scenario, i.e., some Guests are "allowed" to drink (they paid for it) v.v. those Guests who aren't to drink (they rcvd a credit back per your suggestion.) No one wants to be a chaperone.

Long story short, keeping in perspective that I am the writer of blogs & your contact person on CC and thus not in the inner circle per se, I don't foresee a change to policy in this matter.

But I do speak for the company when I say we hope you'll come back to us someday...perhaps for the Longer Stays, More Overnights, and Night Touring, if not for the drinks.

b/rgds, Bonnie