Arcade Questions

We are getting excited for our August Freedom cruise and my 11 year old daughter wants to know if you can win prizes in the arcade. She couldn’t believe I didn’t know after all my time on Cruise Critic :p

Also, I see there is Free Family time on several compasses – does anyone know if they are mobbed? How does that work?

Thanks!

My kids have just told me that the arcade isn't a Chuck E Cheese type arcade. It is all games; video and air hockey. The only game that you can win something is the claw or crane type game.

They have never been there during the free period, but they do have it on FOS.

FYI, the games are paid for by the child's seapass, so talk to them accordingly. ;)

On the ships I've been on with the kids, yes, you can win prizes. There are certain machine where you collect tickets just like at chuck e cheese (and other video games where you don't). The points accumulate onto the sea pass card and you can go to the prize machine to redeem the points for prizes.

My kids usually save the points up during the week and redeem them on the last day. And, just like chuck e cheese, there are no spectacular prizes. But the kids have fun with it!

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I'm not sure if the 'free family time' you talk about is the same or different, but...

My kids used to go to the free time in the arcade when they were younger. I don't think they publicize it too well so be sure your kids ask about it. There will be a certain time during the cruise that their age group is allowed to go into the arcade and play games for free (not the claw games). It's for an hour or two. It gets crowded but they were able to play a lot of games in their time there.

Edited by marci22

On the ships I've been on with the kids, yes, you can win prizes. There are certain machine where you collect tickets just like at chuck e cheese (and other video games where you don't). The points accumulate onto the sea pass card and you can go to the prize machine to redeem the points for prizes.

My kids usually save the points up during the week and redeem them on the last day. And, just like chuck e cheese, there are no spectacular prizes. But the kids have fun with it!

This has been our experience as well.

If you use the kids coupons for the arcade (buy $25 get $25 free) the free money cannot be used for the prize type games. My kids play the prize type games first and then switch to the video games or air hockey.

This has been our experience as well.

If you use the kids coupons for the arcade (buy $25 get $25 free) the free money cannot be used for the prize type games. My kids play the prize type games first and then switch to the video games or air hockey.

Same here with using the prize games first. Learned that the hard way the first time we did it and didn't realize.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks everyone - my daughter will be happy to know she can win prizes! :D

I think arcades are the biggest waste of money and know I could buy whatever prize she wins for a quarter of the money spent, but it is her vacation too. :rolleyes:

Are the arcades kids only or are adults able to go in? We have yet to go on a cruise where we are able to do so as we travel without children but my husband would love to have a look at the games I am sure!

Are the arcades kids only or are adults able to go in? We have yet to go on a cruise where we are able to do so as we travel without children but my husband would love to have a look at the games I am sure!

I've seen adults playing the arcade games.

Edited by clarea