27 night B2B cruise

jkw2765

Hi, we are going on our first B2B cruise, a 14 night followed by a 13 night. How does one normally pack for such an extended period of time? We are sailing out of Sydney, going to New Zealand, Fiji, New Caladonia and Vanuatu. We will be sailing on the Sun Princess. The US based Princess ships have laundry rooms available, so I assume we will have access to that as well. Suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!:confused:

Hi, we are going on our first B2B cruise, a 14 night followed by a 13 night. How does one normally pack for such an extended period of time? We are sailing out of Sydney, going to New Zealand, Fiji, New Caladonia and Vanuatu. We will be sailing on the Sun Princess. The US based Princess ships have laundry rooms available, so I assume we will have access to that as well. Suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!:confused:

We have gone on 33 day cruise and 26 day cruise. I pack for 10 days and do laundry weekly. By using mix n match tops/bottoms I am able to make several different outfits. Hubby takes three solid color slacks and walking shorts and his shirts match any of those so he also makes different outfits from them.

Edited by NMLady

I'd pack for 7-10 days and just do laundry with emphasis on basics and neutrals that can mix and match.

Navy, black and khaki bottoms with an assortment of tops that match all three colors.

one black dress for formal night and different baubles/bling for the different nights. I actually have one of those convertable ones that can be worn several different ways( halter, strapless, etc)

The other responses are right, just pack clothes for 10 or so days. Where you might want to do a little more is in the 'non-clothes' packing - things like toiletries, sunscreen, books, and first aid/medical supplies. These things can be very expensive to replenish and you might not find brands that you are familiar with.

On a 34 night cruises, we learned the hard way that things in our first aid/med kit were not nearly enough. We both ended up with terrible colds/sore throats, and spent way too much time in several ports searching for a pharmacy and then trying to find things that somewhat resembled what we were used to. Search this forum or a couple of the cruise line threads for lists of what to pack in a first aid kit - there are lots of very good lists. The main thing is to take those things that you would normally use if you did get sick. If you take them along, you probably won't need them!

going by your signature if you're doing the south pacific cruise late november its going to be warm but doing the NZ cruise its a bit iffy....so you should pack a jumper/jacket for cruising around NZ just in case

We have gone on 33 day cruise and 26 day cruise. I pack for 10 days and do laundry weekly. By using mix n match tops/bottoms I am able to make several different outfits. Hubby takes three solid color slacks and walking shorts and his shirts match any of those so he also makes different outfits from them.

We have been on 40 day and 35 day cruises. I take 2 or 3 formal dresses which fit into 1/4 of a carry on suitcase and I can wear the same pair of heels with each dress. I stick with same color shorts/skirts/pants so I can rotate tops. I wear a pair of black jeans on the plane/car that I can dress up/down by changing tops/accessories.

Hubby and I each have a limit of 3 pairs of non-formal shoes including exercise shoes.

We load up our Kindles with travel guides as well as books from the local library or Amazon.

We stuff various first aid bottles in our shoes and odd corners of the suitcases so fill up wasted space. Other items such as sunscreen and prescriptions go into a carry-on back that doubles as my purse while traveling. (We had to fly to embarkation port each time) I have a small Kindle size bag that I use in port that fits into my carry on bag

man o man.... 27 days ??? i do have to ask how much that costs, close to $3000 per person ?

And from what little experience i have / have read, you can have some laundry deterg. and clean some items in the sink if needed for recycling clothing if not needed for laundry service

That is what works best for me on either long or short cruises. Besides nobody really cares what others are wearing for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Edited by dorisis

Regardless of the cruise length, we limit ourselves to one medium suitcase and one carry on a piece. The ship has laundry service so it has never been a problem. When we retire and do a world cruise, we might modify that a little ;).