Would you rather have an outside all the way forward or an interior midship

That is a nice sentiment; I concur. Maybe you can remember that next time before you repeatedly demean others' choices. Note that there are multiple people on this thread who feel that is what you did. Perhaps that is not what you meant to do, but using terms "Dorm room", "2nd choice", "can't fathom" etc sure make it come across that way, and replies of "Good grief...:rolleyes:" imply that you just don't get it.
Nobody "demeaned" anything. Having an alternative view is only that. Those points were not even mine...just shared other people who experienced a different perspective...a very few people just chose to shoot the messenger.

Yes, as Thom correctly points out, multiple folks have noticed and called you out - you most definitely have been demeaning of anyone who dares to disagree with your learned opinion.

The idea of sitting in a room of just 4 walls (the "dorm experience" as some of us call it...) drags down the whole purpose and joys of cruising
Perhaps once you've experienced a balcony cabin (for comparison), your assessment might just change.

Even a first-time cruiser couple that recently traveled with us commented "we couldn't even fathom an interior cabin now that we've seen what a balcony room is like...". They made that comment the 2nd day on the cruise...it didn't take long.

But given the original poster's points...the choice to get a larger cabin with an outside view or an inside cabin at or near the same price...the inner "dorm room cabin" seems to be a clear 2nd place in those options. That was the point made earlier.

Those were all pretty clearly demeaning others opinions, as several have pointed out to you.

Then you come back with this lame "excuse":

To end your debate on this...I stated that the term came from other cruisers...not me. It's been around for years. End of story.

Once again, YOU have been the only one to use the term in this thread - more than once! Over the years, others have used the derogatory "N" word for blacks, that doesn't provide an excuse for you to bring it up in conversation and then claim innocence because "the term came from others."

Will this end YOUR debate? Nah, I really doubt it... :rolleyes:

We were in 8514 on Grandeur last Sept - 6 day to Bermuda, and we hit some rough seas on our second - lots of motion. But, this was our first cruise, so cannot compare it any other ships/cruises. We found that we loved the motion! There was noise from pool deck, but it cannot remember hearing the anchor, of course we reached Bermuda around 3pm, so were up on pool deck at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Your cabin sounds like it was on an upper deck and you wouldn't hear the anchor. However, I was on lower decks, 3 & 4. The anchor is very loud in that location.

When I 've been in suites, all the way forward on upper decks, I never heard the anchor.

Your cabin sounds like it was on an upper deck and you wouldn't hear the anchor. However, I was on lower decks, 3 & 4. The anchor is very loud in that location.

When I 've been in suites, all the way forward on upper decks, I never heard the anchor.

I dont understand why do they put the suites right under the main activity deck?

On a bridge tour, the Captain explained that they don't use the ship's anchor very much anymore...if at all. :D Too much damage to marine life, too much of a chance that it will get hung up on something.

All of the ships in the fleet are now equipped with an automatic GPS system that keeps the ship in one selected location. If the ship drifts, the thrusters come on automatically to reposition the ship.

I am just sharing what we were told. I thought it was really interesting. :D:):D

On a bridge tour, the Captain explained that they don't use the ship's anchor very much anymore...if at all. :D Too much damage to marine life, too much of a chance that it will get hung up on something.

All of the ships in the fleet are now equipped with an automatic GPS system that keeps the ship in one selected location. If the ship drifts, the thrusters come on automatically to reposition the ship.

I am just sharing what we were told. I thought it was really interesting. :D:):D

I do not think that this is true for Vision class ships, though.

Yes, I did once on rhapsody. It was at the front on the curve. Worst cabin we've ever had. Lots of motion and the noise from the anchor was very loud. I would never book a cabin in that area again.

Personally I'd take the midship interior over that porthole. YMMV:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Agree, forward one time and didn't like the anchor noises. If it is a cruise with rough conditions give me the inside every time.

jc

I do not think that this is true for Vision class ships, though.

I believe this is correct.

Keep in mind that the motors to release the ropes are also right there at the front too. Coming off the Navigator (obviously no anchor) last month I was in one of the forward facing oceanview cabins that look over the Helipad (specifically 6204). You can definitely hear the "whirring" noise of what seems somewhat equivalent to the anchor being released but in fact was the ropes as we were just docking.