Question about the riverside hotel in Fort Lauderdale

cruz chic

For those that have stayed at the riverside hotel, can anyone tell me if there is a drugstore and or grocery store close to the riverside hotel in Fort Lauderdale? I would like to walk there. I have also asked this on the departure boards. Thx.

I'm not being a 'smart mouth' but just want to suggest you might call the hotel and ask the concierge or operator. There are some HAL CC'ers who stay in that hotel but you might get the info faster by calling the hotel's toll free number..... or e-mail them?

I've stayed there a few times. There are lots of restaurants and clothing stores in walking distance but not a grocery or drug store. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Appreciate the info. On to plan b now:D.

Wait....while I've never seen it, I googled and found a pharmacy at:

1201 E Las Olas Blvd,

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

(954) 462-4166

Riverside Hotel is at 620 E. Los Olas

Maybe walkable or at least a short taxi ride.

Wait....while I've never seen it, I googled and found a pharmacy at:

1201 E Las Olas Blvd,

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

(954) 462-4166

Riverside Hotel is at 620 E. Los Olas

Maybe walkable or at least a short taxi ride.

Thank you so much for that. I haven't stayed in that area before so this is very helpful! I appreciate it.

Los Olas is a lovely street with galleries, upscale shops, lots of restaurants both casual and up scale. It is very safe and very walkable.

As a woman traveling alone, I would feel fine about going out early eveing for dinner or a walk.

From that hotel to Port Everglades, depending upon traffic, is about 15 minutes, give or take.

Edited by sail7seas

I may do that but I've sent emails to hotels a few times and have never gotten an answer. If I come up dry, that will like be my next step. Thx.

In almost any travel situation, if you have a short non-complicated question, it is better to call than e-mail. Calls not not be ignored by the recipient; e-mails can.

DON

There is (or was when we stayed there) definitely a convenience type store as we walked there and bought a couple bottles of wine to carry on the ship. It is a really lovely area and we enjoyed staying there.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thx everyone! Great info. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to answer :). Sounds like I'll be able to get everything I need within walking distance, except the port. Looking forward to trying someone new :).

Thx everyone! Great info. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to answer :). Sounds like I'll be able to get everything I need within walking distance, except the port. Looking forward to trying someone new :).

How many days are you there?

In almost any travel situation, if you have a short non-complicated question, it is better to call than e-mail. Calls not not be ignored by the recipient; e-mails can.

DON

Oh yes they can, when you immediately get put on hold and you're calling long distance from another country!:eek: (I've experience this).

There is a CVS pharmacy a few blocks away on the NW corner of Federal Hwy. and Broward. Federal Hwy. is the street just west of the hotel. A short walk north on Fed. Hwy. takes you to the CVS. Wine,pop,snacks etc can be found there. The pharmacy on Las Olas is quite small.

I believe they do have a toll free number because I called to the get the triple a rate for my stay. Fortunately, I won't have to call them now.

:confused: What is "the triple a rate"?

The nearest full size grocery store is a Publix at SE 6th Street and Andrews Avenue. It's about 15 minute walk. It's 0.7 miles (1 km)

There are a lot of really nice restaurants within a block or two of your hotel. You should find plenty to do.

Great information!!

Las Olas is one of our favorite dining destinations. Lots of great little places, shops, galleries and Kilwin's ice cream (about 2 blks from Riverside Hotel) is a must do. They make their own cones, fudge and candies.

You didn't ask but Season's 52 at the Galleria Mall is quite good and Blue Martini is great for ppl watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums