Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

That link gave me the same screen as in the screenshot above - the one that shows the Fathers Day heading.

And, for the record, I went back to the initial post where OP had copied and pasted this from the website...

"Buy a Carnival gift card valued at $200 or more and you'll get another one for yourself, valued at 10% of the original card. (Yes, you can buy more than one!) Our gift cards can be used on almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, or redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks and fun. Offer Valid thru June 16th..."

Emphasis added. Sure looks like the bonus should be available all day. So, when Carnival says it expired at midnight last night, we have evidence!!! :D

Just bought the $200 and that came right away. However, it showed $0 until 24 later...today. This morning my $20 bonus just arrived. I just used both for pay for our upcoming excursions. No problems at all and these were the e-certificates. Good luck!

Yes. Same page. I've been buying gift cards for months and went on two different computers. I don't know how to do a screenshot, but the Father's Day message and pic is gone. Just the girl riding on her boyfriend's back with the striped bikini:)

http://carnivalgiftcards.com/

Clicked on the link and it brings up the Father's Day header. :confused:

Clicked on the link and it brings up the Father's Day header. :confused:

lol. Must be my cookies or whatever. I just did it from my smartphone and the father's day header is there. It's all good for me. I actually don't have money to buy anymore. :) Good luck to everyone else.

Hi all,

I was also having trouble applying the gift card balance online..I was getting a 'zero balance' error.

I called in and the agent tried the gift card code over the phone...and it worked! She said that this is a known glitch.

So call in if you are having trouble! :D

Nice..we just scored 10% of our cruise cost in free drinks! :D Thanks all for the thread here or I would have never known about it.

I did call it and they couldn't get it to work!

My header still says "This Fathers day this card says it all. Send some fun dad's way and get some back yourself"

But the part about getting the 10% back is gone.

The whole promo was there when I bought mine this morning so if I don't get it I will be taking this further.

I just got told that the promo ended at midnight, even though their advertisement did not. Send requests for refunds to: cclgiftcards@carnival.com

Wasting our time. Too bad they didn't remove their advertisement at midnight, which according to the wording, falls under "false advertisement".

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I just got off the phone with the Carnival gift card people at 1-866-270-1064. I spoke with several and the all said that the promotion ended at midnight. That the promotion was over.

I questioned the verbage of thru the 16th. They said that they received clarification this morning that the promotion was over.

The eSolutions desk @ Carnival has a case open on issuing the 10% bonus cards. They have made the 10% bonus promotion a "priority" and are working to get those e-mails out.

If you have problems call them @ 800-845-2599 and quote the "thru June 16" rule. The Father's Day promotion is good until midnight, June 16, 2014 EASTERN STANDARD TIME. This per Crystal on the Promotions Desk @ Carnival..

The eSolutions desk @ Carnival has a case open on issuing the 10% bonus cards. They have made the 10% bonus promotion a "priority" and are working to get those e-mails out.

If you have problems call them @ 800-845-2599 and quote the "thru June 16" rule. The Father's Day promotion is good until midnight, June 16, 2014 EASTERN STANDARD TIME. This per Crystal on the Promotions Desk @ Carnival..

So if we want to order some, do we do it now and hope for the best or wait until it's resolved? I'm not going to buy any if I'm not going to get the additional 10%.

I was just in the process of firing off an indignant email.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I receive the bonus card first. If not, THEN I'll fire off my indignant email and request a refund for the $500 (which, of course, will probably take them 3 months to handle).

I attempted to purchase our gift cards last night. Our American Express card stopped the purchase as part of fraud prevention. However, that was not clear on the Carnival website why it wasn't going to the confirmation screen. I tried 3-4 times to get the purchase to go thru. I thought I was getting a problem because of using the iPad on the Carnival website so I was going to complete the purchase this morning on the laptop.

Then when I got up this morning, I saw the email Amex sent last night, and the reports on cruise critic of the promo ending last night. Eeeeeek ! I called Amex and told them I was purchasing under this promo which was advertised to end today at midnight. They assured me that if I do not receive the 10% bonus that I will be able to remove the transaction thru them. Plus, by then I saw the posts where Texana and Casey had spoken with supervisors at Carnival who assured them the promo was not over yet.

So, I went ahead and completed the purchase. Like NCTribeFan, I am going to just wait and see if I get the bonus before I take further action. In my favor, I do have proof from Amex that I attempted the purchase last night.

Until those banners and descriptions are taken down, they really need to honor this. It sounds like it was a wishy-washy last minute decision at home office. If they didn't know, and the advertisement is still up claiming through the 16th, how are we suppose to know? It's also disappointing for those who were planning to buy cards this evening.

I realize that this father's day promo probably landed in the hands of very few fathers (equaling new and return customers), but that doesn't give you the right to end the promo, especially retroactively hours before you even made that decision. For morale's sake, they should go back and honor this until about an hour after they pulled the promo off the website (for those who saw the promo and were adding to their cart).

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

So if we want to order some, do we do it now and hope for the best or wait until it's resolved? I'm not going to buy any if I'm not going to get the additional 10%.

Best advice would be to call the gift card #866-270-1064 and ask the agent. Be sure to get the agent's NAME and AGENT SINE. The agent will know what you're asking and either be accountable to you or not. I rest my case..:)