Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

Okay..I want to order $1800 in cards to pay off our Oct cruise but all I see is a button to mail the cards..I don't want that money floating around in the USPS with no name on the card...can anyone clue me in on how to get that via email?

Okay..I want to order $1800 in cards to pay off our Oct cruise but all I see is a button to mail the cards..I don't want that money floating around in the USPS with no name on the card...can anyone clue me in on how to get that via email?

Did you click on purchase egift card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I was all excited about it and was going to make a purchase for use on my 2015 cruise but check out the details regarding timing. The plastic card (the main gift card) expires 12/31/14 and the promotional gift card (10 percent) expires 12 months from the purchase date. So that negates use on 2015 cruises. In addition, the gift cards cannot be refunded so if you had to cancel the cruise, you would be out of luck. So timing is certainly a consideration.

Fortunately, this is incorrect. Now you can go buy some!;)

I just purchased one $200 e-card, printed it out, and it says "this e-card does not expire". I haven't received the bonus yet, but I know that will expire 1 yr. from today.

Through CCL web site, I clicked on "Send an e-card", bought the card with myself as recipient. I wasn't really sure how to do this, but buying it for myself did work.

I just purchased one $200 e-card, printed it out, and it says "this e-card does not expire". I haven't received the bonus yet, but I know that will expire 1 yr. from today.

Through CCL web site, I clicked on "Send an e-card", bought the card with myself as recipient. I wasn't really sure how to do this, but buying it for myself did work.

Worked for me!! I did call the number on the e-card to ask when i would receive the promo...i'm thinking that he must of received many calls today with the same question...he sounded a little on the grumpy side...but said the promo will follow soon....

I wonder what happens if you use one to pay a refundable deposit for a cruise, then you have to cancel the cruise before final payment. Would your refundable deposit be credited back to the gift card?

Since it says you can buy multiply cards (I think it said 5) you must be able to buy for other people..unless of course your mother has remarried a few times and you have a father and 4 stepfathers...

I bought 5 $200 e-cards separately and sent each one of them with myself as recipient. If I bought $1000 at once, I'd have to send the $1000 to me. There was not a spot to order $200 GC and say what quantity you wanted.

I've never seen Carnival Cruise Lines offer this gift card arrangement in the past. Sounds like it's working well for several CC members here, and that's a good thing. :)

I certainly hope they increased the number of employees tasked with processing those, since this could generate a bit more work for them (albeit short-term).

I much prefer being able to order Carnival Cruise (and other lines) gift cards through a rewards program that offers the 10% break in the cost, but year-round and as often as I desire.

That savings goes directly in my pockets rather than also into CCL's. :)

Edited by DGP1111

I've never seen Carnival Cruise Lines offer this gift card arrangement in the past. Sounds like it's working well for several CC members here, and that's a good thing. :)

I certainly hope they increased the number of employees tasked with processing those, since this could generate a bit more work for them (albeit short-term).

I much prefer being able to order Carnival Cruise (and other lines) gift cards through a rewards program that offers the 10% break in the cost, but year-round and as often as I desire.

That savings goes directly in my pockets rather than also into CCL's. :)

I ordered mine through e-cards and got it immediately. The bonus card will come as a separate email in a few days. At least it better arrive.

Worked for me!! I did call the number on the e-card to ask when i would receive the promo...i'm thinking that he must of received many calls today with the same question...he sounded a little on the grumpy side...but said the promo will follow soon....

Yes, I called that same number to ask my question on when we'd get the bonus card. Maybe we talked to the same guy. I bought all 5 of my $200 GC today. I'll use them to pay off both cruises $200 at a time.

Thanks SPARKY2 for the correction. I think if I wanted to cause confusion in the promotion, I would word it exactly as Carnival did:

Q: When does the promotional gift card expire?

A: Plastic Promotional Gift Cards issued for this promotion expire on December 31, 2014. Digital Promotional Gifts issued for this promotion expire one year from the e-card email date.

Then throw in the UPS option.

Who's on first and What's on second. Now that I understand.

Thanks SPARKY2 for the correction. I think if I wanted to cause confusion in the promotion, I would word it exactly as Carnival did:

Q: When does the promotional gift card expire?

A: Plastic Promotional Gift Cards issued for this promotion expire on December 31, 2014. Digital Promotional Gifts issued for this promotion expire one year from the e-card email date.

Then throw in the UPS option.

Who's on first and What's on second. Now that I understand.

I bought the e-cards because I really didn't want them mailed to me and get lost or stolen. I also bought the e-card because it came immediately and I could see that it had no expiration date.

I bought the e-cards because I really didn't want them mailed to me and get lost or stolen. I also bought the e-card because it came immediately and I could see that it had no expiration date.

By the way, don't get me wrong. I was not being sarcastic with you. That was a genuine thank you for the info. Now I might consider it.

I bought three $500 gift cards to use on my upcoming cruise, and may buy three more later this week, which would give me $200 in OBC with the other points I have on my Carnival Mastercard, plus the bonus dollars.

I wanted to get the plastic/physical promotional gift card to take with me on board and apply to sail and sign account but you guys bring up a good point about it getting lost in mail with no name, etc.

So, if you get the promotional gift card via email, how do you then apply this to your sail and sign account? Do you bring a printout of the email & code for them to redeem at check-in/guest services? Do you apply it to your sail & sign account on carnival's website before you sail?

Thanks for help clarifying.

Edited by snoopyb

Thank you SO much for the heads-up on this deal! We were going to purchase a $500 Carnival gift card this week with a 5% bonus from BoostUp so we'll be taking advantage of this 10% deal now instead. Again, thanks a million! :)

Ok so I went with the ecards since like the rest of you I didn't want $1800 floating around in never never land..especially since they won't have a name on them..I ordered one for $1000 and had it sent to me..it arrived almost as soon as I clicked buy...1st an email telling me that it was purchased and the 2nd giving me a link to the actual ecard...worked well...went back into the system and I ordered an ecard for $800 which would complete the balance owed on our Oct cruise...this time the 1st email took a bit of time...chalked that up to the system being overloaded with all of us ordering cards..:D the confirmation said I had paid $800 so I was ok with waiting for the 2nd email...that arrived about 10 mins later...oh goodie..It's done...no problem...WRONG!!!! I opened the link to the ecard and it was blank :eek: .no $$ amount and no pin #...I immediately got on the phone to Carnival...got a guy who was really hard to understand and he certainly wasn't understanding me or my dilemma..finally after much back and forth he gives me a card number over the phone..ok where is my pin#..he doesn't have that..ok so who does? Obviously they gave me a pin # on the first link so I must need it ..so he says CORPORATE has to investigate it and they'll get back to me...time frame?...whenever they can was the reply...soooooooo tomorrow afternoon I'll apply the $1000 card to my balance and see if I need a pin..if I don't I'll just go ahead and apply the $800 also...if I do need a pin you can bet your bippy that I'll be back on the phone to Carnival and I won't give up till I get a pin..stubborn Irishman that I am...or should I say woman..:D

Ok so I went with the ecards since like the rest of you I didn't want $1800 floating around in never never land..especially since they won't have a name on them..I ordered one for $1000 and had it sent to me..it arrived almost as soon as I clicked buy...1st an email telling me that it was purchased and the 2nd giving me a link to the actual ecard...worked well...went back into the system and I ordered an ecard for $800 which would complete the balance owed on our Oct cruise...this time the 1st email took a bit of time...chalked that up to the system being overloaded with all of us ordering cards..:D the confirmation said I had paid $800 so I was ok with waiting for the 2nd email...that arrived about 10 mins later...oh goodie..It's done...no problem...WRONG!!!! I opened the link to the ecard and it was blank :eek: .no $$ amount and no pin #...I immediately got on the phone to Carnival...got a guy who was really hard to understand and he certainly wasn't understanding me or my dilemma..finally after much back and forth he gives me a card number over the phone..ok where is my pin#..he doesn't have that..ok so who does? Obviously they gave me a pin # on the first link so I must need it ..so he says CORPORATE has to investigate it and they'll get back to me...time frame?...whenever they can was the reply...soooooooo tomorrow afternoon I'll apply the $1000 card to my balance and see if I need a pin..if I don't I'll just go ahead and apply the $800 also...if I do need a pin you can bet your bippy that I'll be back on the phone to Carnival and I won't give up till I get a pin..stubborn Irishman that I am...or should I say woman..:D

Let us know how it works out please

Does this mean you can only apply a maximum of 5 gift cards to any booking?

Q: How many Carnival Gift Cards can I use during one transaction/purchase?

A: On www.carnivalgiftcards.com, you can place an order for up to 5 Gift Cards in one payment transaction; you may also redeem up to 5 Gift Cards per booking transaction.

I had 8 e-gift cards from the refer someone promotion that was going on...and I used all 8 on my May 17th cruise on Carnival Sunshine

Now I did use 3 of them before I got on the ship by calling and having my tips paid off and something else paid off....so when I got on I only had 5 left and I went to guest services and she manually entered each one :)

Just bought mine this evening and immediately applied it to our cruise balance. No PIN # needed...

Garnett

Wow!! You didn't have to wait the 24 hrs. Maybe I should try ours. I really would rather get it applied..

Thanks...