Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

Thanks to the poster who said NO PIN was required. I went ahead and tried to apply the $1000 first and it went off without a hitch and as stated "no pin required" so I took the $800, for which the guy at Carnival gave me the number over the phone, and had no problem with that one..so I'm a happy camper...It will be interesting to see if someone from "corporate" does get ahold of me regarding the pin #, but nothing lost if they don't. I'm just trying to figure out why they put that on there at all if it wasn't needed.

I'm wondering the same thing!! Although pretty much getting ready to almost do the same thing for the 2 cruises we have booked. Thinking about getting two cards, each to cover the different balances we owe for the 2 cruises we have booked, then maybe a third card to use onboard...I dunno....somehow I convinced myself this makes sense!!

That absolutely makes sense because you have 2 cruises booked.

We have only 1 cruise booked and the balance is due the end of this month anyway. Can I buy 1 gift card for $2000 and use it to pay the cruise off and then use the $200 promo. card on board to apply to ship board account?

Thank's for your input.

Edited by MURCOTT

We have only 1 cruise booked and the balance is due the end of this month anyway. Can I buy 1 gift card for $2000 and use it to pay the cruise off and then use the $200 promo. card on board to apply to ship board account?

Thank's for your input.

Yep...the promo card can be used like any other gift card according to the info on the card site. Only "gotcha" is the expiration date for the promo card. There are other posts here of folks doing the same as you are planning. Nothin wrong with a little bit of "free" $$$$

Thanks to the poster who said NO PIN was required. I went ahead and tried to apply the $1000 first and it went off without a hitch and as stated "no pin required" so I took the $800, for which the guy at Carnival gave me the number over the phone, and had no problem with that one..so I'm a happy camper...It will be interesting to see if someone from "corporate" does get ahold of me regarding the pin #, but nothing lost if they don't. I'm just trying to figure out why they put that on there at all if it wasn't needed.

I've used gift cards towards the payment before and never needed a pin. Only time I did was if I needed to check the balance. Whether plastic or an ecard, they ask for it then. Never otherwise by my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thank's for your input.

Just watch the expiration date on the promo credit one. You may need to use it to pay towards your cruise depending on when you are going.

Anyone having problems with this?? I did a $200 one yesterday..got the e-mail gift card right after..got the promo this am. I am trying to buy more...tried to put in a larger than $200 amount and it wouldn't let me do it so i went with the $200 ( and will just do that several more times) but i have not got the e-card yet....should i call or wait a bit??

Here's the wording from Carnival FAQ's on this...I read this to say the Plastic PROMOTIONAL card expired 12/31/2014...The digital or e-card expires one year from the date the email issued for the e-card. The original gift card does not expire.

Q: When does the promotional gift card expire?

A: Plastic Promotional Gift Cards issued for this promotion expire on December 31, 2014. Digital Promotional Gifts issued for this promotion expire one year from the e-card email date.

The promotional card is the 10% card not the main one you buy for $200 or more to get the promotional card.

I think the system may be a little slow with everyone on it. Yesterday I got the gift card immediately. I just went on to do another one and the 200.00 was sent but I didn't get the gift card right away.

And someone asked why do it more than once. well the first time was to test it, I was a little skeptical (but no longer). The 2nd time was to send one to my son and the third time will be to pay off my booked cruise.

Gotta love this promotion. Wish Princess would do one now :):):)

Anyone having problems with this?? I did a $200 one yesterday..got the e-mail gift card right after..got the promo this am. I am trying to buy more...tried to put in a larger than $200 amount and it wouldn't let me do it so i went with the $200 ( and will just do that several more times) but i have not got the e-card yet....should i call or wait a bit??

You received the promo card by email also? I thought I read that the 10% promo card would be sent by regular mail. I'm hoping it will be emailed, that would be even better!!

Edited by apey9995

You received the promo card by email also? I thought I read that the 10% promo card would be sent by regular mail. I'm hoping it will be emailed, that would be even better!!

I got the promo card by email. I bought a $1000 email gift card late last night (which showed a 0 balance for a while when trying to apply it to my account. Overnight I got another email with the $100 promo. Both codes worked this morning in paying down my booking. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the 10% promo came.

I think the system may be a little slow with everyone on it. Yesterday I got the gift card immediately. I just went on to do another one and the 200.00 was sent but I didn't get the gift card right away.

And someone asked why do it more than once. well the first time was to test it, I was a little skeptical (but no longer). The 2nd time was to send one to my son and the third time will be to pay off my booked cruise.

Gotta love this promotion. Wish Princess would do one now :):):)

I really don't want to do this six times but the system won't let me put in anything larger than the $200.

I really don't want to do this six times but the system won't let me put in anything larger than the $200.

You don't an option for either gift card type of "Open Value" to then add a vale larger than 200?

I ordered mine through e-cards and got it immediately. The bonus card will come as a separate email in a few days. At least it better arrive.

Mary, did you have to do 5 separate transactions? I think that is what I am seeing.

I bought a $500 one last night and got the emails quickly. The $50 one worked to go on my booked cruise but I couldn't get the $500 to work. My PVP had to do it. But, now all on the cruise.

I tried it ....can't make it work....ugggg

Odd..you try all those internet gizmerator fixes...Clear browser cache...clear cookies....different browser...different computer....different OS....different room in the house...different house?? That type stuff??

Edited by bar1068

Odd..you try all those internet gizmerator fixes...Clear browser cache...clear cookies....different browser...different computer....different OS....different room in the house...different house?? That type stuff??

You can't do it with the e-cards. At least that is what i was told when i called.

You can't do it with the e-cards. At least that is what i was told when i called.

Where does it stop you at? I've purchased ecards for values abovc $200 in the past. On another browser screen, I have all the info input for a $775 e-card...next step would be to pay for it.....is that when it stops you...paying for it?

I also purchased e card for over 200 u may need to do some screen prints so we can help you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't know much about computers...I've tried...400.00 & $400 & $400.00. I get a message telling me "your card value does not meet the minimum value. The minimum value is $10."

When I called the suggested phone number. I was told that for e-cards I would have to do them $200 at a time.

I don't know why people are having problems unless the system is getting overwhelmed or something. You should be able to buy a physical or egift card in any amount and if you buy one for more than $200, you get the added bonus. Something screwy is going on with the system. I purchased two around very early this morning and received both the regular ecard and the promo ecard within minutes.