how early is too early to arrive?

Through a sequence of events beyond my control, I will find myself arriving in Port Canaveral around 4 to 5 am. Granted, the terminal will not be open, but can I go ahead and park in the garage? The whole point would be to simply sit and take a nap before boarding.

Thanks.

Through a sequence of events beyond my control, I will find myself arriving in Port Canaveral around 4 to 5 am. Granted, the terminal will not be open, but can I go ahead and park in the garage? The whole point would be to simply sit and take a nap before boarding.

Thanks.

You will be in a car? Go out for breakfast. Watch the sunrise on Cocoa Beach. Get to Port Canaveral around 10:30-10:45.

Seriously. Don't sit in a parking garage, even if you "can".

No... the port will not be open to cruisers parking. At times, depending on the number of cars entering and exiting, you will be turned away even at 9 am.... I suggest you find a hotel.

Yes, I will be arriving in my own car. Parking at the beach for a while (duh!) seems to be the best bet and then go to the terminal. Although a hotel would be nice, doing that for about 4-5 hours just does not make much sense.

agree....or...are you flying to orlando?? see about a part day rate at the hyatt in the airport...call direct...maybe they will make a deal for you..

otherwise...hit mcdonalds or one of the cafes...look at the Fla board for ideas....there is a starbucks in the Four Points hotel in cocoa beach.....grab a coffee...walk on the beach.

not sure what time jetty park opens...maybe 6-7....get coffee and donuts and head there for ship pics as they come into the port...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Yes, I will be arriving in my own car. Parking at the beach for a while (duh!) seems to be the best bet and then go to the terminal. Although a hotel would be nice, doing that for about 4-5 hours just does not make much sense.

really might be worth calling a couple hotels...are you flying in and picking up a rental?? you would have better luck at a larger hotel near MCO...Just a thought...depends on when you get there...try to NOT get central reservations...a front office manager might be of help...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Not flying. This is an overnight run down I-95. Wish I could get on the road sooner, but just can't. I may stop in Savannah or Jacksonville and then make the last dash in the morning.

Probably the best idea to get a bit of sleep.

Not flying. This is an overnight run down I-95. Wish I could get on the road sooner, but just can't. I may stop in Savannah or Jacksonville and then make the last dash in the morning.

Stop a few hours north of the port and get a good nights sleep. It'll make the first day so much more fun. You don't want to be totally exhausted when you board the ship. If you do go all the way, and get there before the ships arrive, like someone stated, go watch them arrive. Then go somewhere for a nice breakfast. But if you can, definitely try and stop the night before.

When we drive to Port Canaveral, we stop in Lake City, FL for the night. Then we leave about 730 AM the next morning for an approximate 3 hr. drive to the port. It has worked out very well that way.