Beer choices outside of Michael's Club?

sm3388

Hey everyone! I'm looking into what would be my first Celebrity cruise, and I'm excited about the step up from Carnival!

Apologies if this has been answered before (I couldn't find it), but on various sites I see mention of over 50 beers available on Celebrity, and then other sites say you have to go to Michael's Club to get them. I'm a huge beer fan, so having all of those craft beers would definitely get me on board, but since Michael's is suites-only, I'm worried that I'll miss out on the great beers.

So, for those of you that have sailed since the recent changes, what have you found? Are the higher-end craft beers like Stone, Delirium, Rogue, Dogfish Head, etc, available at bars other than in Michael's Club?

FYI I'll be on either Silhouette or Reflection, depending on whether I decide to leave from FLL or MIA.

Thanks everyone and cruise on!! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi - we just returned from a Baltic cruise on Eclipse and I'm not sure if a Caribbean cruise will have exactly the same beers or not but I'll share our experience. My husband is a huge craft beer fan as well and was hoping to find a few onboard. The first night we went into Cellar Masters which is the wine bar. The menu listed a page full of craft beers but when my husband asked for one after the other the great sommelier working there told him they didn't have it. So my husband asked what they DID have. They were about 5 or 6 (sorry I don't remember right now but I know Leffe was one since we love that one!) The sommelier George asked my husband to mark on the menu which beers he would like, and the next night the bar was stocked with EVERYTHING. We had several different types of Brew Dog from UK which we can't get here and been dying to try, they had Dogfish, and oh my gosh loads of other great craft beers. You won't be disappointed. On our sailing, the night we were in Germany, they even had about 8-10 specialty German beers up in the Oceanview Cafe late at night when we came back into port for only $6. We never checked up there night we came back from Belgium and wish we had!

My understanding is that Michael's Club is the only place onboard that has the large list of craft and speciality beers (except on Equinox where they are at Gastropub).

Since Michael's Club is now a VIP lounge, other passengers aren't able to get beers there. So what I think happened, is the sommelier took your requests, then had someone get a supply of those beers brought from Michael's to Cellar Masters.

My understanding is that Michael's Club is the only place onboard that has the large list of craft and speciality beers (except on Equinox where they are at Gastropub).

Since Michael's Club is now a VIP lounge, other passengers aren't able to get beers there. So what I think happened, is the sommelier took your requests, then had someone get a supply of those beers brought from Michael's to Cellar Masters.

I read that the beers were removed from the Michael's Club when they were converted to the VIP lounge. I have not been on the Silhouette or Reflection (the ships with the coolers/expanded beers). Perhaps someone who has cruised recently can confirm?

We were on the Infinity last month and Cellar Masters had a large selection of beers from all over. Unfortunately, Michael's is now closed to most but I don't believe that they carry the beers anymore.

The selection isn't that great, they didn't have Schlitz, Pabst, Strohs, E & B, Blatz, Old Style, Old Milwaukee, Oly, Pearl, Iron City, Goebels, Johnny Phieffer, or Hamms.

Drink up 🍻🍺

We sailed on Silhouette on 22 June, second Celebrity cruise. My Partner is also a huge 'beer fan'. Last year when Michael's was fully functioning he had the premium drinks package and he was able to virtually work his way through a rather impressive beer menu on our 10 night sailing. He only paid once, a $1 upgrade for a beer outside that package.

This year - well, disappointing at best.

Most menu's contained in bars such as Cellars Masters, Passport, Sky Lounge, Ensemble (we like to try everywhere!) had a beer on the menu called Anchor Steam.

Out of Stock - since this is on the 'menu roll' as opposed to Cellars Masters only. According to 'Andrew' one of the beverage managers - it is a micro beer - that means Celebrity cannot guarantee it can get hold of it. He was not able to answer my rather straight forward question - why put a beer on a menu, in 4 bars, on a ship that has 2,500+ passengers a sailing, if it is difficult to get hold of? Out of Stock for one sailing - these things happen - if correct, which due to his position, he should know- his detailed explanation actually exposed, in my opinion greater failings, in stock control. Ps that beer sold of $9, if I remember correctly.

As for Cellars Masters - limited availability - the $8 below stock was available. The $8 plus stock was hit and miss - more of a miss. My Partner had no more than 4/5 beer $8 plus. As a wine drink I do not pay much attention to their names.

In short would not upgrade my partner's drinks package again. No objection to paying for the premium package to enable him to sample any beer he fancies. Why pay more to have what is already available within the Classics package.

Finally, :mad: if it wasn't so annoying it would have been an hilarious comment - which he genuinely meant, honestly. "there is always premium water options available" Yes, I kid you not. Ps that was a strange comment from the front desk officer!

Edited by LPCKG

The selection isn't that great, they didn't have Schlitz, Pabst, Strohs, E & B, Blatz, Old Style, Old Milwaukee, Oly, Pearl, Iron City, Goebels, Johnny Phieffer, or Hamms.

Drink up ����

How about Mickey's or Schmidt Big Mouth, Heileman's Special Export or Grain Belt? :D

Edited by wpgcycler

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know of any gluten free beer onboard besides Angry Orchard?

I don't care for the ciders.

I've discovered Redbridge by Budweiser is great..any chance that Celebrity carries this?:confused: