Tooooooo many questions....

mason1999

Hi all, I joined the group yesterday but cant find my post....:o

I am now having panic attacks, first time cruisers, and oh what do I wear for the fine dining nights, I don't want to be over dressed or underdressed, tried looking for pictures of what too wear but cant....

Then want to do excursions but cant find much information there either I can find the shore excursions on HAL but was hoping I could do a few things myself, I cant find out how long before embarking we have to be back for, don't want to miss the ship, I did see groups sharing buses/taxis cant find that now....

Ports of call cant find that, not very good am I, and can husband where knee length shorts in dining area....

Sorry so many questions, our TA not much help I am looking forward to meeting you all....:)

Hi all, I joined the group yesterday but cant find my post....:o

On the top right of the screen, you will see "Welcome mason1999". Click on your name and then select the "Statistics" tab (middle of the screen) and then select "Find all posts" or Find all threads"

If you are sailing HAL, post at both forums. Questions about particular tours might be better on the roll call but general HAL questions or those specific to your ship might be better here.

There is no 'wrong'. :)

Post here of general questions about HAL. The Roll Call is more specific to your cruise. (you can ask general questions there too but it will be seen by more people here).

For info on ports of call and find out about excursions (ship's or your own), go to the Ports of Call board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I found it very helpful (and do this each time I sailed a new cruise line) ....

Go to the Holland America home page

--Click the tab Onboard Our Ships

--Click For First Time Cruisers

You'll find all kinds of information ... answers to lots of questions you have and ... answers to questions you didn't even know you had!! :)

I spend some time reading those then come back to the CC boards to clarify :D

Welcome to Cruising!!:)

thank you all away to have a look around, the only thing with booking HAL excursions they don't seem to give you enough time to do what you want to do......

Tried looking for private excursions but not too good, will look at the links....:)

It is a cultural thing (Europe, Africa, Asia) any shorts shorter than knee length is considered a piece of underwear.

Longer shorts are more appropriate.

KK posted about knee length shorts on the ship (which is what OP asked about). ;)

Edited by Boytjie

Thanks all for your replies....OH likes to wear shorts....not short shorts...:) I just think everyone knows what I am talking about, but don't worry sometimes I don't....:o :)

Im more worried about not booking any shore excursions, will they be able to help on the ship, I don't know anything I don't know how long you have to be on the ship before embarking, guess I need to go have a good look through everything...

Thanks again, really appreciate it....:)

Im more worried about not booking any shore excursions, will they be able to help on the ship

You can book excursions on the ship but be aware that some may be dold out. If there is something you really want to do or see, book it sooner rather than later.

I don't know how long you have to be on the ship before embarking, guess I need to go have a good look through everything...

I don't understand this - or maybe I chopped the question up badly.

Once you have embarked you are on the ship. :)

Keep posting questions; chances are good that you will get useful answers.

I don't know how long you have to be on the ship before embarking, guess I need to go have a good look through everything...
If you're asking what time you have to be back on board at a port of call, it's generally 1/2 hour before sailing, but we always aim to be back at least in the port area by 1 hour before sailing. Signs will posted as you are getting off.