where do you stay pre cruise Port Canaveral and why?

jjdmom8

We always stay at the Raddisson when we sail from Port Canaveral.. Just wondering what are the other options.. and why? Booking multiple rooms and would like cruise shuttle and parking as part of the room price. Thanks!

Courtyard further south. Great ocean views from upper floor balconies, walking distance to liquor - grocery - convenience stores and Ron Jon's. Big rooms and restaurants nearby. All good.

Courtyard further south. Great ocean views from upper floor balconies, walking distance to liquor - grocery - convenience stores and Ron Jon's. Big rooms and restaurants nearby. All good.

do they offer parking and shuttle?

We have always stayed at the Comfort Inn but in April we stayed there one night for a pre-cruise stay and we woke up to ants all over the table and nightstand. Needless to say we will definitely be staying somewhere else for our next cruise out of Port Canaveral.

The Radisson always gets a lot of great reviews

How does the shuttle work at Country Inn and Suites? Do you book a time? When will they take you? Is it based on your check-in time?

You normally sign up for the shuttle at check-in. We had FTTF so I called that day early to put us on the 1st shuttle list & showed them our FTTF boarding pass when we arrived. After breakfast, we got our luggage & waited in a large conference room that had an exit straight to the shuttle. I believe they started at 10am. The hotel is the one closest to the port when you look on the map. It was the smoothest, fastest hotel/cruise shuttle experience we've ever had, though we've never had any complaints with the many we've tried.

(Our experience was Jan 2013. I'd call & double check their current policies.)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Edited by coupleonboard

Embassy Suites on 17th - clean, suite, happy hour, next to Publix, close to restaurants. Don't know about parking, sorry.

Sorry - I misread - I was thinking Port Everglades...

You normally sign up for the shuttle at check-in. We had FTTF so I called that day early to put us on the 1st shuttle list & showed them our FTTF boarding pass when we arrived. After breakfast, we got our luggage & waited in a large conference room that had an exit straight to the shuttle. I believe they started at 10am. The hotel is the one closest to the port when you look on the map. It was the smoothest, fastest hotel/cruise shuttle experience we've ever had, though we've never had any complaints with the many we've tried.

(Our experience was Jan 2013. I'd call & double check their current policies.)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

What is FTTF.??

We stayed at Radisson in February. I wasn't crazy about it. The rooms showed their age and were on outside corridors. The shuttle was excellent and the buffet was not great.

I'm looking at the Residence inn for this year.

Cheryl

We just booked the Residence Inn..anyone have experience staying there?

It is most always listed as the #1 hotel on Trip Advisor for the area.

I have never anything but positive comments on these boards about it.

I would book it without hesitation.....

When its only two of us, we rent a car and stay at Comfort Inn in PC/CB. This time is 9-12 of us, and we'll be staying close to family at Orlando airport and catching the shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise due to the arrival times of several flights everyone is on.

I'm glad to hear good things about Country Inn & Suites since that's where I booked for our cruise in March.

On our reservation it said that we could call the day before check in to sign up for a shuttle spot, so I have a reminder set in my phone to call them as early as possible the day before.

I'm glad to hear good things about Country Inn & Suites since that's where I booked for our cruise in March.

On our reservation it said that we could call the day before check in to sign up for a shuttle spot, so I have a reminder set in my phone to call them as early as possible the day before.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is great. They have a decent complimentary breakfast which is a plus.

And they have the best husband/wife shuttle drivers who you will really enjoy! I believe their names are Crystal/Duane and they have been driving their shuttle since CI&S opened.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Radisson is the best place to stay in Port Canaveral prior to a cruise.

[/thread]

Seriously, the price is decent, the resort is close to anything you want to go to and the parking for while you are cruising is included and is in a secure lot. Also, the pool and hot tub are just spectacular. Been there three times and probably wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in that area granted they don't double the price of their rooms or something of course.