where do you stay pre cruise Port Canaveral and why?

jjdmom8

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites last night and I will never stay here again. I haves stayed at hotels that cost half as much and are so much better. The room is musty (allergies kicked in shortly after arriving). The room is missing items like trash cans which we asked for and they were never brought. There is only one bar of soap to share between the sink and shower. The mattress and pillows are old and not comfortable. For $209, I expected something a little nicer.

We were also told that we can't get a shuttle to the port until 1:30. Checkout is at 12 so we will have to sit and wait in the special cruise room for an hour and a half.

Next time, we will stay at a more reasonable priced place and do the park and cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by kenmel

So sorry you've had such a bad experience. Unfortunately all the hotels in Port Canaveral are rather high for park and cruise. I'm paying $255 for the 2 bedroom suite in March at Residence Inn. Last February I paid $185 for a room at the Radisson for park and cruise and Country Inn was $10 more. Usually Country Inns are very nice, although I will say their beds aren't the most comfortable!

We also were able to get the shuttle starting at 10 :30 AM! Can you just take a cab to the port? It's only 5 minutes.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Cheryl

Keep in mind if you are driving and planning on parking at the port (not parking your car at the hotel for the duration of your cruise), you will still have to pay $6 for parking for the one night of your hotel stay. Residence Inn Cocoa Beach instituted this fee back in February of this year.

We experienced this charge also and made a big complaint about it to Marriot. Of course they referred me to the hotel manager who gave a song and dance about how crowded Coco Beach is. It's not the $6, it's the principle of soaking the customer again. PS The same person who owns the Residence also owns the Courtyard. Coincidentally the Courtyard added a charge of ...$5.99 a night! I know the Country Inn and all the other hotels do not charge to park you car for your stay.

I have the park and stay package, so hopefully that is included! I'll check pre cruise and if I have to pay the $6 per car the night before, I will make a lot of noise! Thing is, I've got 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms plus sleeper sofa there. I can't find any other hotel with that set up or 2 hotel rooms for park and stay for only $128 for the night.

Cheryl

We stayed at the Raddison last year and had a good experience. Staying there again in 2 weeks when we go on Freedom of the Seas.

One tip... Skip the Raddison's expensive breakfast... There is an IHOP just down the street!

At my condo. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Since it looks like you make the trip frequently, could you tell me about how long it takes to get from Atlanta-Port Canaveral and which route you like best? (Our starting point would be Midtown.)

TIA!

We live in Atlanta, and like to cruise out of PC. Our normal modus operandi is to drive to the MCO area the day prior to the cruise. There are several hotels in the airport area that are reasonably priced. Our favorite there is the Rennaissance. The next day, we drive to PC. Driving times are 7.5 hours from Atlanta to MCO, and less than one hour from MCO to PC.

Hope this is helpful for some ...

AG

Since it looks like you make the trip frequently, could you tell me about how long it takes to get from Atlanta-Port Canaveral and which route you like best? (Our starting point would be Midtown.)

TIA!

75, stop in Valdosta for gas. Take 10 to Jax, then 95 to 528. About 7.5 hours from Tucker. Keep speedometer around 75 or so. Two bio breaks at rest areas. Food when you get gas.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We live in Atlanta, and like to cruise out of PC. Our normal modus operandi is to drive to the MCO area the day prior to the cruise. There are several hotels in the airport area that are reasonably priced. Our favorite there is the Rennaissance. The next day, we drive to PC. Driving times are 7.5 hours from Atlanta to MCO, and less than one hour from MCO to PC.

AG

Have done that route also, but tolls are between $8 & $10. :mad:

75, stop in Valdosta for gas. Take 10 to Jax, then 95 to 528. About 7.5 hours from Tucker. Keep speedometer around 75 or so. Two bio breaks at rest areas. Food when you get gas.

Thank you! This is great info.

AG

Thanks, AirGorilla. I'm thinking that we'll drive straight to Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral so that we can get all of the driving out of the way before sailing day.

Keep in mind if you are driving and planning on parking at the port (not parking your car at the hotel for the duration of your cruise), you will still have to pay $6 for parking for the one night of your hotel stay. Residence Inn Cocoa Beach instituted this fee back in February of this year.

Wil lthe Residence Inn let us park there...pay the fee of course, if NOT staying in the hotel before departure? We have stayed there before...but now we are staying with friends in Jacksonville the night before so will just be driving down.

Wil lthe Residence Inn let us park there...pay the fee of course, if NOT staying in the hotel before departure? We have stayed there before...but now we are staying with friends in Jacksonville the night before so will just be driving down.

Not sure if they will but the Radisson just down the street allows non-hotel guests parking. I believe its http://www.parkportcanaveral.com.

If that's not right the call them directly. They have plenty of shuttles and all the times we have stayed there things seem to run very smoothly.

Not sure if they will but the Radisson just down the street allows non-hotel guests parking. I believe its http://www.parkportcanaveral.com.

If that's not right the call them directly. They have plenty of shuttles and all the times we have stayed there things seem to run very smoothly.

Parking is right across street, same shuttle serves both