Suite on Regal Princess

Meena

Has anyone stayed in the suites on the new Regal? We have it booked for next February and this is our first Princess cruise. We have taken over 20 Celebrity cruises but on our last one, the cutbacks were just too evident and we noticed a big change in just about everything. We decided to give Princess a try. Any input would be appreciated!!

Has anyone stayed in the suites on the new Regal? We have it booked for next February and this is our first Princess cruise. We have taken over 20 Celebrity cruises but on our last one, the cutbacks were just too evident and we noticed a big change in just about everything. We decided to give Princess a try. Any input would be appreciated!!

Really interested in the answer to this as we have a Regal suite booked for next month. If nothing else, I'll be able to share my experiences when we return.

As Regal Princess just completed her maiden voyages--and unlike (among others) the Celebrity board you will not find a disproportionate number of threads about the suite life here--you may not get many responses. You could include asking about the suites on Royal Princess as well. But here are a few facts about full suites on Princess that you or your TA may or may not have already uncovered:

Princess has no dedicated Concierge Lounge for suite passengers. And they have long discontinued butler service; you cabin steward will be an ordinary one whose rotation just happens to include your suite for that sailing.

There are no free drinks for suite passengers other than the one-time set-up in your suite. There is a nightly gathering (shared among suite guests and all platinum and elite loyalty members regardless of cabin) in one of the lounges with free hors d'ouevres and one or more slightly discounted cocktails. Does not meet on the night of the Captain's Circle reception for past passengers (which you will not be one of) which is usually the final formal night.

The private breakfast for suite guests, however, is a full cooked-to-order menu as opposed to the healthy-continental on Celebrity.

But the bottom line is: are you prepared to absorb all the "cutbacks" in moving from a line you have Elite loyalty in to another line for the first time? Based on my limited experience on Celebrity I emphatically prefer Princess--but I believe that from the tone of your opening post that you are setting yourself up for failure by moving to a line that skews a bit more to the "mainstream" than Celebrity. I think that someone willing to walk away from a line they sailed 20 times due to perceived cutbacks should make their next move to a luxury and/or all-inclusive one. Just my .02.

Edited by fishywood

Princess has no dedicated Concierge Lounge for suite passengers

There is a dedicated concierge lounge on the Riviera Deck of the Royal/Regal inbetween all the Penthouse suites, for exclusive use of suite guests.

I have a suite booked on the Regal, and ended up changing to a Penthouse suite. I was concerned that soot issues on the Balcony of the Aft suites may/or may not have been rectified by the time of my cruise. The Aft suites also are not covered (except for 2 decks - Dolphin and Baha I think it is?) so not entirely private to those looking over from above.

All the suites on the Royal/Regal are basically identical, with the main difference being the size of the balcony. The Penthouse suites have small narrow balconies, where as the Owners suites (AFT) have huge rap around balconies and amazing views. The other suite type on the Regal is the Premium suite, this is forward, and generally the cheapest of the 3 (Aft is most expensive).

The Owner's suites have wonderfully large wrap around balconies that are basically useless because of the daily dusting of oily soot.

But that was suppose to be alleviated on the Regal. Do you know for certain that this is happening on the Regal?

We sailed in a PH suite onboard the Regal's sister ship, the Royal, for the inaugural TA last October. This was our first cruise in a suite and we're hooked!

Our suite was on Riviera deck right across from the Concierge Lounge. The Concierge Lounge features a high-end coffee machine that dispenses cappuccino, expresso, latte, etc. at no cost. There are various snacks available throughout the day. There is a concierge on duty during the morning and afternoon to assist suite guests.

I don't believe anyone mentioned that breakfast at Sabatini's is a suite-only perk. It's breakfast done very well.

Does the OP have any specific questions?

Lew

We sailed in a PH suite onboard the Regal's sister ship, the Royal, for the inaugural TA last October. This was our first cruise in a suite and we're hooked!

Our suite was on Riviera deck right across from the Concierge Lounge. The Concierge Lounge features a high-end coffee machine that dispenses cappuccino, expresso, latte, etc. at no cost. There are various snacks available throughout the day. There is a concierge on duty during the morning and afternoon to assist suite guests.

I don't believe anyone mentioned that breakfast at Sabatini's is a suite-only perk. It's breakfast done very well.

Does the OP have any specific questions?

Lew

Hi! I'm not the OP but was wondering how the size of the balcony is on the PH suites. thank you.

I was on the Regal for the Greek Isle cruise May 27-June 2.

We upgraded to a mini suite and OMG it was fabulous! Mind you this was my first time on a cruise so I think I have spoiled myself from here on in. I probably will always want a suite with a balcony. We went a day early and stayed one night in Athens and then after we docked in Venice we spent 3 days in Italy and our room on the Regal was the biggest and nicest of all the rooms we were in !

Here are a few pictures:

The Owner's suites have wonderfully large wrap around balconies that are basically useless because of the daily dusting of oily soot.

They are only "wonderfully large" on certain decks (Baja and Dolphin); on some they are quite narrow.

Hi! I'm not the OP but was wondering how the size of the balcony is on the PH suites. thank you.

They're about four feet deep and as long as the suite. We love Caribe deck balconies on grand class ships, so the ones on the Royal were quite confining.

We could dine out there with no problem, but you really can't sit comfortably facing the railing. Chairs and loungers need to be parallel to the glass sliders in order to use them comfortably.

Now...having said that, we're in PH suites on all of our future Royal class cruises.

Lew

I was on the Regal for the Greek Isle cruise May 27-June 2.

We upgraded to a mini suite and OMG it was fabulous! Mind you this was my first time on a cruise so I think I have spoiled myself from here on in. I probably will always want a suite with a balcony..........

Hi - since this is the OPs first sailing with Princess, just want to clarify one thing. I too sailed in a mini-suite on the Royal and will be in one on the Regal this fall. While the mini-suites, especially the mid-ship ones with the extended balconies, are fantastic, they are not considered "suites" when it comes to the extra amenities and services that are included with the actual suite categories.

Just don't want anyone booking a mini-suite, then being disappointed when they don't get to have breakfast in Sabatini's. :D