Allure June 1-8th

Hello All!

Just off of the Allure and back to the "daily chores" : ( How quickly it goes by! We are a family of four....mid 50s with a 17 yr old son and a 19 year old daughter. Both had a friend of similar age with them. We had 3 cabins.....10510 (def a larger feel in these forward facing staterooms), 10526 and 10528. Felt very little ship movement all week. Our stateroom attendant, Kadek, did a wonderful job. The beds were very comfy. Wish I would have requested a feather pillow (can't believe that I didn't!). In the shower, there is only a bar of soap and a dispenser with shampoo. We took all of our own toiletries....except the boys, who just don't care at all! : )

We had late seating dining with Horace (waiter) and Fitzroy (asst). Both were excellent and a real pleasure. The MDR food was, overall, average. This is what we expected. We have sailed 9 times, incl Carnival and Celebrity. The Windjammer was average, as well. We LOVED Chops, as we did on a past cruise. The food, service and ambiance were all great. We dined at an outdoor table in "Central Park". This area is so beautiful and relaxing. I had the grilled shrimp and hubby had filet. The tater tots were fantastic. We did the Rita's Fiesta with the kids. It was really fun. I loved the first course of chicken and shrimp items. The fajitas (main course) were OK, but I didn't appreciate that the beef and chicken were served (mixed) together. They had everyone get up to go out and dance on the Boardwalk, between courses. We also dined at Izumi. The service was very good. Food-wise, we would not go back. We are not a huge sushi family. Perhaps if you are going for sushi only, it would be more appreciated. As others recommended, we went to the Park Cafe several times. While it was enjoyable, we did miss cheeses and croutons/crunchy items for the salads. I did snag walnuts off of the Windjammer oatmeal bar, that I 'kept for future salads ; ). At times, there was loud music playing in the PC, which seemed to take away from the intended atmosphere of Central Park.

There was not a problem getting lounge chairs, getting elevators or getting on and off the ship at the islands. Embarkation was quick. This is difficult to believe, with a ship of this magnitude! Debarkation from the cruise was handled well, while on the ship, waiting. Getting off and going through customs, however, was quite slow and backed up. By far, the greatest lines that we entailed.

Labadee

This is a lovely island. So nicely organized and "easy". Get off the ship and you are there. We hopped on the tram car and went a short way, to Nellie's Beach. Spent the afternoon sunning. We rented 4 floats ($14 each) which added enjoyment to relaxing in the beautiful sea. The included BBQ was fine for a little lunch. Limited items.

Falmouth, Jamaica

We walked through the "town square" until we came upon a board with costs listed for the different taxis/shuttles. We wanted to go to Doctor's Cave Beach, which was $20pp.....$120 for the six of us. Once we got out of the "compound"/ gated area, another Jamaican woman hopped on board. She did have a company badge....sorry I cannot recall the name of the company....I believe that it was four letters. As we rode along, she did provide some interesting educational commentary and she had a very nice demeanor. Along the way, we were informed that we would be stopping to "taste rum". This turned into a significant amount of time, which was simply a ploy to get us into a shop of items for sale. After a few more issues, with some rude passengers, we were finally on our way. The beach was $6 pp to enter, rent an umbrella, and rent chairs ($84 plus tip for six). We ate lunch at the Sands restaurant. It was relaxing, with decent food and friendly service. The beach and resort were beautiful. We then returned on our same shuttle, after they had to change a flat tire!! I would absolutely go to Doctor's Cave Beach again. I would definitely ask a lot of questions before you hop aboard a taxi or shuttle. We spent quite a lot of $$$ for the very limited beach time that we ended up having.

Cozumel, Mexico

We went to Mr. Sanchos and did the All-Inclusive. I reserved on-line, for $5pp. The total for 18+ is &55pp and $40pp for ages 13-17. Balance was paid upon arrival. The boys did the waterpark for an additional $12pp. To get a taxi, you wait in line, just outside the port area. It was $16 for a 4 passenger taxi (one way)or $$32 for an 8 person shuttle. We had 6, so had to pay $64, plus tip each way. It is not too far...10 miles. The beach and grounds were beautiful. They have a pleasant swim-up pool bar. They do A LOT of peddling of extra cost items on the beach....but they are nice about it and simply wish you a nice day, if you decline. The bathroom was well below par for the rest of the resort. The food was fantastic!! The coconut shrimp were huge and delicious. I was amazed at the food quality for this type of venue. The drinks were a bit disappointing. There is a menu of frozen drinks (plus beer) and that is what you need to order from. I couldn't get a mojito or other choices. Not that the drinks were not tasty....just not what I prefer. There was a lot of partying going on! The girls had gotten the boys (17 year olds) a drink and I had about three people accost me to the fact. I couldn't believe it! In Jamaica, they were offering them shots. I assured them that it wouldn't happen again. Our service (I believe our server was Marlin) was great. We tipped $60, plus $20 to the pool bar. It was a pricey day, but very nice!!

We attended all of the shows, except the ice skating (which I heard very good reviews on). Not that we didn't want to.....it was just impossible to do everything. I did reserve prior to sailing.

OceanAria-oh my gosh....we were all holding our breath! Chicago, the Headliner Show (Home Free....won the "Sing Off"), the Comedy Show...were all great. Blue Planet received mixed reviews from our group and others that we spoke to. I thought that is was absolutely fantastic!!!

The Rising Tide bar was so interesting and novel. Boleros (salsa) was always in high gear. The Schooner Bar had a really amazing singer (Katia Labozzetta). I felt bad that we didn't have some cash with us, for tipping. I received my best Cosmopolitans from the Champagne/Martini Bar. This was usually an earlier evening spot....not very lively later. The 70s Show was very entertaining and fun. Get on the Rising Tide bar for the perfect spot! The performers throughout the ship were top-notch.

The fitness area was very well appointed and I never had to wait for equipment. The track is great, as it does not pass through deck chairs and passengers.

As Celebrity is the favorite line of my husband and I, we were expecting a drop in service. We felt that our service was very good and friendly. Of course, Celebrity does have upgraded amenities. We would be more than happy to sail the Allure again!

We were very faithful celebrity cruisers until we took our first cruise on oasis of the seas. Now we are hooked on the oasis class as we love the entertainment which far exceeds the offerings on celebrity.