Website Glitch?

Camlott

I'm definitely not new to cruising but I am new to NCL. I have a sailing coming up in two weeks and looking at upgrade opportunities for my sailing.

The prices on suites have had some pretty significant price drops the last week or two. There are currently four categories of suites that show available and have prices listed. When I try to select the category I get a message that there are no cabins for that particular category. It does this for three of the four suite categories that seem to be showing available.

Is this a known glitch with the NCL website? This has been happening to me for that last week or so, I don't think it's an isolated problem for today only.

Booked with a large cruise critic supported TA who is a pain to deal with (won't be using them after this sailing), so I don't really want to call them unless I can see there is an actual cabin I want to book. I'd like to see the location before I make the call.

I'm definitely not new to cruising but I am new to NCL. I have a sailing coming up in two weeks and looking at upgrade opportunities for my sailing.

The prices on suites have had some pretty significant price drops the last week or two. There are currently four categories of suites that show available and have prices listed. When I try to select the category I get a message that there are no cabins for that particular category. It does this for three of the four suite categories that seem to be showing available.

Is this a known glitch with the NCL website? This has been happening to me for that last week or so, I don't think it's an isolated problem for today only.

Booked with a large cruise critic supported TA who is a pain to deal with (won't be using them after this sailing), so I don't really want to call them unless I can see there is an actual cabin I want to book. I'd like to see the location before I make the call.

I would call NCL and ask about booking one of those categories (no need to tell them you are already booked) and then depending on what they say, you can call your TA.

I would call NCL and ask about booking one of those categories (no need to tell them you are already booked) and then depending on what they say, you can call your TA.

Not sure why I didn't think to do that. Good idea! I just knew they wouldn't talk to me if they knew I was booked with a TA, but what they don't know won't hurt them!

I went in to an online site that I use to explore and the only suite (I'm sure you're not talking about mini suites) was the H5 on Deck 14.

The other suites (SF & SE) came up with GTY which we suspect its no longer available. The higher prices suite looks like it might be available.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Not sure why I didn't think to do that. Good idea! I just knew they wouldn't talk to me if they knew I was booked with a TA, but what they don't know won't hurt them!

Let us know how it goes!!!

Let us know how it goes!!!

I found another online TA and was able to see the cabins available. So I contacted my TA and asked them to check on upgrade possibilities (willing to pay extra) and they told me when they contacted NCL that NO suites were available for a complimentary upgrade. I was very clear and concise that I wasn't looking for a free upgrade. I was just hoping to upgrade from a regular suite to a Haven suite.

Oh well, we are happy with the room we have and the perks this TA provided to us. I just won't be using them again in the future.

I found another online TA and was able to see the cabins available. So I contacted my TA and asked them to check on upgrade possibilities (willing to pay extra) and they told me when they contacted NCL that NO suites were available for a complimentary upgrade. I was very clear and concise that I wasn't looking for a free upgrade. I was just hoping to upgrade from a regular suite to a Haven suite.

Oh well, we are happy with the room we have and the perks this TA provided to us. I just won't be using them again in the future.

You have just learned why it is better to keep control over your own reservation.

You have just learned why it is better to keep control over your own reservation.

I used to book exclusively on my own for the same reason you mention. I have learned though that since I usually know the exact room I want etc. Why not let a TA give me 10% of my fare back as an OBC plus other perks like free specialty dining, spa treatments etc.

Either way, I have done the work and found what I want... but the TA essentially pays me for my work.

In this case, the lesson learned was that I don't care for this company so I won't use them again even though they offered the highest perks at the time I wanted to book. We are happy with the room we have, but it would have been nice to have an upgrade. No big deal.

I used to book exclusively on my own for the same reason you mention. I have learned though that since I usually know the exact room I want etc. Why not let a TA give me 10% of my fare back as an OBC plus other perks like free specialty dining, spa treatments etc.

Either way, I have done the work and found what I want... but the TA essentially pays me for my work.

In this case, the lesson learned was that I don't care for this company so I won't use them again even though they offered the highest perks at the time I wanted to book. We are happy with the room we have, but it would have been nice to have an upgrade. No big deal.

It's such a shame we can't discuss who the TA's are!!!