Carnival Diamond Member Needs Help

After 50 Carnival cruises, I have become disenchanted with carnival, so it's time to move on. If you could be so kind as to help me with my next cruise.

Do the room numbers on the oasis and allure match. Another words can I just look at one deck plan, choose a location and the room numbers will be the same on both ships??

I want a room where I can see both the water and the inside promenade area, and hopefully some of the Aqua show. Any help with some room numbers would greatly be appreciated.

One more question, after I'm booked I need to then book the shows??

Thanks so much,

Cindy

After 50 Carnival cruises, I have become disenchanted with carnival, so it's time to move on. If you could be so kind as to help me with my next cruise.

Do the room numbers on the oasis and allure match. Another words can I just look at one deck plan, choose a location and the room numbers will be the same on both ships??

I want a room where I can see both the water and the inside promenade area, and hopefully some of the Aqua show. Any help with some room numbers would greatly be appreciated.

One more question, after I'm booked I need to then book the shows??

Thanks so much,

Cindy

I believe the numbers match. You can only see the water and Boardwalk.

...One more question, after I'm booked I need to then book the shows??

Thanks so much,

Cindy

Yes, you should book the shows as soon as you can. However, if you are booking far in adfvance, show reservations might not be open. In that case, keep checking Royal's website for the show reservations because there is no set time before the cruise that they open.

Edited by clarea

The deck plans for cabin numbers are the same. Keep in mind for the best views you need to be closer to the back (aft) of the ship.

If you do a search on this board you will find lots of information regarding pros and cons of different decks - e.g. views, noise, etc. Everyone seems to have their personal opinion.

There are also public balconies on decks 10, 11 and 12 on the aft of the ship - often referred to as the "secret balconies." They are usually not crowded and offer great views of the ocean and theater.

Bookings for shows usually open up around 90 days or so before sail date - keep checking the RC web site.

It is a good idea to book the shows - they do open up seating 10 minutes before a performance so if you don't have a reservation you can usually get in. Exception might be the Comedy Club - smaller venue - usually is full. The reservation is tied to your Sea Pass Card - if you choose not to go you are not penalized, so it really doesn't hurt to make a reservation.

Would recommend booking the aqua show early in the week in case weather conditions cause a cancellation - they reschedule for another night later.

Welcome to RC - enjoy your cruise.

Aft Aqua Theater Suites are your best bet to meet your needs. But, you have to have 5 to book :( We have tried to book them with 4 and no luck, until after final payment, and they are not ever available then! You have to call or use a TA to book. Good Luck! You'll love the Big Girls!!!

If you want water and able to see inside then "Boardwalk" is the right location.

It may get a bit noisy with all of the activities going on. If you are satisfied with an inside try a Central Park balcony. You get a pretty view of the greenery and restaurants that surround it. A good location for people watching. Also, in the afternoons you can sit in your balcony and listen to the pool band. I've had C1 cabins for both the Oasis and Allure and sometimes I did not think that I was on as ship.

Look for the cabins on the very back of the ship:

11729, 11719, 10729, 10719, 9729, 9719 - these rooms will give you the best view of the aft ocean and the boardwalk shows. If these rooms are not available, then try to get the ones next to them. If you go higher, like deck 12 or 14 you could have obstructed views.

Edited by EbayCruiser
change wording

Look for the cabins on the very back of the ship:

11729, 11719, 10729, 10719, 9729, 9719 - these rooms will give you the best view of the aft ocean and the boardwalk shows. If these rooms are not available, then try to get the ones next to them. If you go higher, like deck 12 or 14 you could have obstructed views.

Yes that's just the view I was looking for, thank you so much!

We were in 11729 on Oasis. EXCELLENT location to watch the goings on in the Boardwalk area, though there really isn't much. We watched a couple of aqua shows from our "inside" balcony and you can definitely see the wake. What we really enjoyed the most was the easy access to what's commonly called the "secret" balcony. It's just a balcony area at the back of the ship. Great space for reading, chilling and watching people climb the rock climbing wall.

I would book this cabin or location again in a heartbeat -- on either ship!

Enjoy and welcome!

Ann

Yes that's just the view I was looking for, thank you so much!

You can do a search like cruse cheap or sea scanner and they will have an option for where you can see the deck plans with room numbers.

Hope you will enjoy RCCL! :D