how many can fit in a cabin/suite

We are planning a girls trip next summer. There will be 7-8 of us. Is there a family suite etc that would accomodate all of us in one room? This is 2 families that rarely see each other, other than girl trips usually (or a death in the family :() I cannot seem to find info on any website that you can't fit more than 4 people to a cabin but I see comments from people that their family is all together. Adjoining cabins I guess would work.

Thanks

You have to call to get pricing or to book more than four people. The RFS (Royal Family Suite) will fit up to 8 people with 2bedrooms, 2 bathrooms(one with a tub in the master bedroom) and a pull out sofa. There may be other categories, but as been stated depends on the ship you are looking at...

As others have said, it would help to know what ship you are planning.

If you are "just looking" and haven't decided on a particular ship go to the RC website and look at deck plans. You can also do a "dummy" booking on line - it will only allow the correct number of people per cabin/suite.

Sounds like you have a lot of planning to do - bear in mind with one cabin you would only get one bathroom. A suite might offer more room - but not necessarily extra bathroom. Perhaps work with a travel agent, or call RC if you plan on booking directly with them. There might be lots of options both room-wise and financially. For example, two or three rooms might work out to be less expensive than a large suite.

Good luck!

The website isn't set up to book these cabins.

Call and talk to someone at the cruise line.

The RFS we stayed in could theoretically hold all of you, but the accommodations would be as follows:

1. "master" BR with bed for two (could be separated, we had it together) and bath with tub

2. teeny-weeny cubicle, just big enough for the actual bed, sleeps four(!) if you fold down the pullmans. Our daughters were ok in there, but it really would be cozy for four.

3. fold-out sofa that would have taken up entire living area had it been folded out, leaving nowhere for anyone to sit.

The bath that was off the main area was a teeny one with a stall shower.

I think you might be better off with separate cabins, and just meeting up for meals and hanging out in one of the public areas. There are lots of nice areas you can convene. We liked sitting in the Schooner Bar, which has curved banquettes that seat several people, so a group of 7-8 could sit together for drinks or trivia or whatnot.

Another thought would be to take the RFS for 5 people and put the others in another cabin nearby. Only those in the RFS would get the suite benefits, but this would give you a third bathroom, a third closet, two more actual beds, and use of the living room in the RFS as a living room.

Edited by schlimazel_traveler

We are planning a girls trip next summer. There will be 7-8 of us. Is there a family suite etc that would accomodate all of us in one room? This is 2 families that rarely see each other, other than girl trips usually (or a death in the family :() I cannot seem to find info on any website that you can't fit more than 4 people to a cabin but I see comments from people that their family is all together. Adjoining cabins I guess would work.

Thanks

the family size suites(holding 6 and up) must be booked by calling the line directly or using a TA, you cannot book them on line. however it may end up being cheaper to book 2 or 3 cabins. some have interior connecting doors.

RFS go quick and rarely are cheap, although you get suite perks which are nice. I think 8 is too many. We are sailing in one with 5 adults in October.

Another thought is balcony, pick a ship where they allow you to open up the dividers. That would be fun.

Also many cabins are connecting so you can open up the inside connecting doors also.

the family size suites(holding 6 and up) must be booked by calling the line directly or using a TA, you cannot book them on line. however it may end up being cheaper to book 2 or 3 cabins. some have interior connecting doors.

I think this was probably the best answer I was looking for. I don't know what ship or I would have listed it. I don't know what type of cabin or I would have listed it.

Describing some of the rooms, and letting me know that there would only be one bathroom, that was helpful information, thank you.

It can't be done online, you have to call.

thanks for all the posts

You have to call to get pricing or to book more than four people. The RFS (Royal Family Suite) will fit up to 8 people with 2bedrooms, 2 bathrooms(one with a tub in the master bedroom) and a pull out sofa. There may be other categories, but as been stated depends on the ship you are looking at...

This was helpful, thanks. I still have over a year to do lots of planning.

RFS go quick and rarely are cheap, although you get suite perks which are nice. I think 8 is too many. We are sailing in one with 5 adults in October.

Another thought is balcony, pick a ship where they allow you to open up the dividers. That would be fun.

Also many cabins are connecting so you can open up the inside connecting doors also.

thanks for this suggestion.