Epic, Western Med. Sept. or Oct.?

HeidiHo

We are considering sailing on the Epic this Fall in either September or October. Daytime temps in the mid 70's would be perfect. Would it likely be cooler than that in Oct? When in Sept or Oct are we most likely to see temps in the 70's. Of course I know there are no guarantees. I just don't really want to go in October if the average daily highs are only in the 60's.

October is beautiful!! It still might be in the 80's though. Plus you'll have fewer children, and school is in session all over Europe. I often vacation in Europe in October, Germany/Austria/Switzerland and have always had pleasant weather.

We went the third week of September, 2013, and enjoyed pleasant weather the whole trip. It was hot in Rome but it was such a whirlwind day we hardly noticed and the bus we were on did have a/c.

Just as a side note if you are embarking in Barcelona there is a large festival that you might want to plan around as it impacts the price of hotel rooms and makes the city much more crowded.

Overall it is a fantastic trip.

Thanks for all your input

Just as a side note if you are embarking in Barcelona there is a large festival that you might want to plan around as it impacts the price of hotel rooms and makes the city much more crowded.

horseboarder, do you happen to know when this festival is in 2014 or at least the name of it so I can google it?

Edited by HeidiHo