Priority Embarkation

My husband and I are traveling with our 2 grown children and son in law. He and I are platinum status and our kids are gold status.

We have priority embarkation privileges, but our kids don't.

Since we're traveling together and one of our kids is staying in our room, can all of us go to priority embarkation? I don't want to cause a problem or delay our embarkation process.

We always get to the pier early and have arrived at some cruise terminals where there were few enough people that priority embarkation didn't matter.

It depends on the port personnel. Our experience has been that they let the entire party stay together. However, if they won't let the kids stay in the Platinum area, then just stay with them in the Gold area. The difference is maybe 10 minutes.

Now days the priority lines are rarely shorter than the non-priority lines. On several of my last cruises, I have gone in the Platinum or no status lines. It's one of the few perks that really don't mean anything anymore because everyone has it.

It depends on the port personnel. Our experience has been that they let the entire party stay together. However, if they won't let the kids stay in the Platinum area, then just stay with them in the Gold area. The difference is maybe 10 minutes.

This is what we do when traveling with our adult children. No big deal. Or just meet up on the ship.

This is what we do when traveling with our adult children. No big deal. Or just meet up on the ship.

Agreed. It's different with minors, but adults can handle it I think. We travel with friends every year or two and we always just meet up onboard.

Now days the priority lines are rarely shorter than the non-priority lines. On several of my last cruises, I have gone in the Platinum or no status lines. It's one of the few perks that really don't mean anything anymore because everyone has it.

One reason the priority lines are rarely shorter is because of personnel who allow non-status family members to check-in with those who have earned the privilege of being in the priority lines.

Just sayin' :D

One reason the priority lines are rarely shorter is because of personnel who allow non-status family members to check-in with those who have earned the privilege of being in the priority lines.

And so they should

Just sayin'

(It's only check in, not the Diamond or Concierge lounge :-)

Edited by delirious9876

I think someone got out the wrong side of the bed!:eek:

All check in together, stop worrying and have a great cruise :)

And so they should

Just sayin'

(It's only check in, not the Diamond or Concierge lounge :-)

So, what exactly would be the purpose of priority lines then if they're just going to allow everyone in? Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

There's always someone who has to make a statement like this on every thread where a perk related to status is posted.

Tell me, how do you feel about airlines having priority lines?